Desmond Ridder to the Cardinals (Traded Rondale Moore)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone hate Rondale? He didn't always play well, but he always played hard.
Was wondering the same thing. I never expected much from him based on size and injury history, but never hated the dude. He didn’t trash the team, make big boneheaded plays on the field or anything.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He really was just a gadget player. Not consistent at all but had some great highlights. Kyler's best two passes last year were bombs to Moore. I think Moore's NFL career will continue for several more years, and he won't just be practice squad fodder like Isabella. He has speed and jukes, he does not have catch radius or a body made for run blocking. Not a fit for our new offense at all.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This play might have been THE highlight of the Cardinal's season last year. Just a shocking moment in one of the biggest upsets of the season. The Cowboys were nearly 3 score favorites.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope he proves me wrong but i didn't like Ridder in college and thought he was terrible in Atlanta. If we get into a situation where we need him to play, I hope he's improved.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He really was just a gadget player. Not consistent at all but had some great highlights. Kyler's best two passes last year were bombs to Moore. I think Moore's NFL career will continue for several more years, and he won't just be practice squad fodder like Isabella. He has speed and jukes, he does not have catch radius or a body made for run blocking. Not a fit for our new offense at all.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This play might have been THE highlight of the Cardinal's season last year. Just a shocking moment in one of the biggest upsets of the season. The Cowboys were nearly 3 score favorites.

Yeah he's two steps up from Invisabella for sure.

The Rondale pick was bad, but the Andy Isabella pick was borderline criminal.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't like this move at all. It seemed like we finally had a system that had an idea how to use Rondale. He's a gadget player/KR guy...that's where he's going to be really good...in area where he can showcase his speed. I would have liked to see him get another year. I think he's going to find his niche and be pretty good

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rondale cannot stay healthy. Brown cannot stay healthy. Wilson so far cannot but at least has size. To argue about a sporadic entry onto the playing field is not worth the energy anymore... let's make a reliable WR group

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing. I never expected much from him based on size and injury history, but never hated the dude. He didn’t trash the team, make big boneheaded plays on the field or anything.

I hated the way he was utilized, not the player.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A trade last month sent Ridder to Arizona and he is vying with Clayton Tune to be the backup to Kyler Murray for the Cardinals. He said he hopes to “be able to go out there and be better” for what he experienced last season and he believes that process starts with his mental approach to the game.

“One thing I wanna improve is just going out there playing free,” Ridder said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com. “A lot of the times I felt like I was playing not to mess it up, not to screw it up. And so just to be able to go out there, play free, play loose, play within the system. And then there were a lot of good things that I did on film and then there were some bad things. It just happened to be that those bad things outweighed the good. There was a lot of the games where it was 90 percent good and 10 percent bad, and in those 10 percent, that just happened to be the determining factor of the game.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson