bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WR1 - Michael Wilson
WR2 - Greg Dortch
WR3 - Zac Pascal
WR4 - Chris Moore

Andy Isabella would receive ample playing time with this current group.
Fixed

You must be registered for see images attach

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think definitely puts them out on MHJ.

Bears have even more space than us, so taking on $18 million base salary isn't bad for them. He's also in the final year of his deal, so the can extend him and make it more friendly too.

You must be registered for see images attach
a 4th? He's making 11 mil next year, we should have done this.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Ah, no worries.

Yeah, I'm a little worried now. Nabers and Odunze aren't terrible consolation prizes, but I'm just going to feel icky if the Chargers move up or the Patriots decide to go WR. Or if we decide we're going to move back and pick up a "haul" that ends with WR#1 Brian Thomas Jr.
Brian Thomas Jr has the size of mhj but is way faster, oh and he lead the nation with TD catches. Not really a consolation

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another hole to fill - so far on offense we have a lateral move at OT and a downgrade at WR. People are giving this offseason B's and A's, and so far we've lost our best WR while adding a handful of questionable NFL starters.

While sitting on a bunch of cap space. But don’t worry… we’ll spend it NEXT year… or maybe the year AFTER that!

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think [the Chargers] go Nabers or Bowers if [the Cards] go MHJ.
The scenario where the Patriots trade down to #5 while the Chargers take Harrison Jr. at #3 is still in play... enabling the Pats to extort the Cardinals into giving something up for #3 to avoid being sniped by the Chargers.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Doubtful when was the last time a team traded into the top 5 for a WR?
Not top-5, but Miami moved up for Jaylen Waddle at #6 in 2021.

Prior to that, the Bills moved up to #4 for Sammy Watkins in 2014.

It's not entirely unheard of, but in a strong WR draft, probably not the most likely thing. But with a premiere, labeled "generational" talent there? Maybe.

I'm constantly reminded by people whenever I argue the Mahomes/Watson trade up conundrum for the Cards that we should go "get our guy." So with MHJ? Yikes.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not top-5, but Miami moved up for Jaylen Waddle at #6 in 2021.

Prior to that, the Bills moved up to #4 for Sammy Watkins in 2014.

It's not entirely unheard of, but in a strong WR draft, probably not the most likely thing. But with a premiere, labeled "generational" talent there? Maybe.

I'm constantly reminded by people whenever I argue the Mahomes/Watson trade up conundrum for the Cards that we should go "get our guy." So with MHJ? Yikes.
Honestly, could care less…. If they want to pay the nut to jump ahead of us and grab MHJ, let them. I’ll be happy to walk away from this draft, and completely content with Odunze….

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
WR1 - Michael Wilson
WR2 - Greg Dortch
WR3 - Zac Pascal
WR4 - Chris Moore

Andy Isabella would receive ample playing time with this current group.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I mean..MHJ would still be a rookie. It'd be great if he's Jamar Chase or Puka day 1, but yea our Wrs probably still might be around 20. Its risky to not do more cause even Fitz wasnt elite year 1.
The scenario where the Patriots trade down to #5 while the Chargers take Harrison Jr. at #3 is still in play... enabling the Pats to extort the Cardinals into giving something up for #3 to avoid being sniped by the Chargers.

Good point. Just the threat of it might cost a pick. Depending on how bad Monti wants MHJ or not.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You have successfully made me paranoid Dave's! :(

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd agree if the Chargers didn't just lose Williams, Allen and Eckler. They need all their picks. Too many holes to give up a 2nd or 3rd to move up vs staying pat and along their pick of the WRs left.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I mean..MHJ would still be a rookie. It'd be great if he's Jamar Chase or Puka day 1, but yea our Wrs probably still might be around 20. Its risky to not do more cause even Fitz wasnt elite year 1.
Here's the problem...Fitz had Boldin his rookie season...Chase had Higgins...and Puka had Kupp...all those dudes had a running mate that helped them their rookie seasons. MHJ will have.......Pascal! That's gonna make it tough sledding for the rook. Cards need another receiver to take the heat off MHJ a bit. Maybe it's Wilson or Dortch, but neither of them has a history of sustained success.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here's the problem...Fitz had Boldin his rookie season...Chase had Higgins...and Puka had Kupp...all those dudes had a running mate that helped them their rookie seasons. MHJ will have.......Pascal! That's gonna make it tough sledding for the rook. Cards need another receiver to take the heat off MHJ a bit. Maybe it's Wilson or Dortch, but neither of them has a history of sustained success.
Does Hollywood though?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
McBride will help a lot, but I agree that another WR is needed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Puca was killing it the first 6 weeks while Kupp was on IR…. He didn’t need a running mate.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If MHJ is the talent everyone thinks he is he shouldn’t need a high end side kick to perform.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta forgive people. We've been Keim'd.

2019 had one of the best Wr drafts and we went 0-3 and passed up multiple pro bowlers.
Last time I checked, Keim was no longer the sheriff in town. The new sheriff doesn’t take too kindly to players who don’t pass his litmus tests. I’ve seen enough of MO’s drafting abilities to know without a shadow of a doubt that he won’t go 0-3 drafting WR’s in this class.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have successfully made me paranoid Dave's! :(
Not sure how realistic it is for a team to jump the Cards and take MHJ at #3, but at this point everyone knows the Cards need a WR and covet MHJ, so at the very least the Patriots have to threaten to trade out and try to get something from the Cardinals. Whether the Cards give up a 3rd or call their bluff, or are content to take one of the other WRs (maybe even after with their own trade down with the Giants or Vikings?)... there will be intrigue and second guessing galore if the Cards don't end up with MHJ!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure how realistic it is for a team to jump the Cards and take MHJ at #3, but at this point everyone knows the Cards need a WR and covet MHJ, so at the very least the Patriots have to threaten to trade out and try to get something from the Cardinals. Whether the Cards give up a 3rd or call their bluff, or are content to take one of the other WRs (maybe even after with their own trade down with the Giants or Vikings?)... there will be intrigue and second guessing galore if the Cards don't end up with MHJ!
Patriots should not be worrying what the hell the Cardinals are doing & instead worrying about drafting a franchise QB.