2024 Free Agency thread

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
Then that billionaire’s “cash poor” ass shouldn’t own a football team. And if he wouldn’t sell, which we all know he won’t, he deserves to be trashed until he actually spends enough to put a good product on the field.

No argument from me. I had such high hopes when he took over but with each passing season it becomes clearer and clearer he is not able to compete with the big boys. We are the Oakland A's of the NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so send him an email...take out a billboard,..run a commercial on PBS... but the fans dont deserve to be dumped on

lame. Me dumping on THE TEAM is NOT dumping on the fans. This is a place where ALL Cardinals fans get to voice their opinions. That includes ones cheering on the team AND criticizing them.

I’m not the one who’s put a 8-24 product on the field the last two years or have had ONE PLAYOFF APPEARANCE IN ALMOST DECADE. The people dumping on fans ain’t me… it’s THE TEAM so turn your frustration in their direction and try practicing what you preach as you literally just dumped on a fan, telling me what should and shouldn’t be posted here.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no doubt trading for Deandre Hopkins gave us juice in 2020. Signing JJ Watt gave us juice in 2021.

Keim's poor drafts was the biggest factor in not going further imo.

Decent FA's and great drafts I'll be ok with. Just crucial that Monti nails the draft.

Still seems like Cards media is thinking Cards are more or so preparing for 2025.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt trading for Deandre Hopkins gave us juice in 2020. Signing JJ Watt gave us juice in 2021.

Keim's poor drafts was the biggest factor in not going further imo.

Decent FA's and great drafts I'll be ok with. Just crucial that Monti nails the draft.

Still seems like Cards media is thinking Cards are more or so preparing for 2025.
If that’s the case, I’ve never seen such low expectations for any team I’ve ever followed where they’re giving themselves essentially two gap years until they’re actually a playoff contender.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If that’s the case, I’ve never seen such low expectations for any team I’ve ever followed where they’re giving themselves essentially two gap years until they’re actually a playoff contender.
I mean Monti showed us last year when he was willing to start the season with dead arm McCoy and Tune.

He's not wavering on trying to fix this roster with FAs.

I get his plan, but its a bit odd since we have a 45 mill QB. Which is why there is a theory that Kyler is actually on a year and a half trial. If he works out great, if not I think it would easier to move off him. Hope not. Hope Kyler is great and Monti starts signing impact players. However, as Jody Oehler says they are targeting just raising the floor. If we happen to be good then great.

Kinda sucks, but seems Patriots/Titans esque so Im not shocked.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not saying I agree, but good to see Jets fans upset.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's taken us years to figure this out....

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes.
simple... dude was maturing, then started progressing in Gannons system towards stardom...gannon left, his production fell off.

Logic suggests that putting him back into the system in which he was most successful should result in double digit sack seasons again.

Ok, let's say he emulates his best ever season and that it was because Gannon's system and not because he was opposite Haason Reddick that year.

Do you want to pay $23m a year for 11 sacks, 15 TFLs and 30 pressures?

In 2021 at age 30 Golden had 11 sacks, 10 TFLs and 35 pressures for $4m.

Sweat has always been a good #2 rusher. You bring him in as a #1 with Collins, Ojulari or Gardeck opposite and I think he gets eaten alive unless Collins or Ojulari make a leap.

It would be a huge gamble at that money and other teams seem to agree considering the time it's taking for him to find a home.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Edge room is getting crowded if you're planning to draft an edge in the first two days. Okwara is Victor Dimukege.

I thought about this take too but it's TOO SPICY. I think his best-case scenario is Bradley Chubb. You just have to worry about making him The Dude on a defense. I think he's more like Alex Highsmith.
Gotta do something. Whether you bring in Markus Golden to pair with Chandler Jones before or after you have Jones on the roster, you still need both. I would rather get one vs wait for the perfect scenario.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
lol, they had/have to tear down the entire front office and roster and start over, its takes time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Gotta do something. Whether you bring in Markus Golden to pair with Chandler Jones before or after you have Jones on the roster, you still need both. I would rather get one vs wait for the perfect scenario.
I thought we intend for Ojulari to be that guy?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am not counting on that...lol. I am willing to have too many pass rushers on the roster.
I think there are enough complementary pass rushers out there (including Gardeck, probably) that you don't have to shell out money and draft picks for them.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Derr, jaded ex employee replies on the way!