2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Wright but, no pun intended, he looks much better on the right. Johnson looks more versatile to me.

Yeah the scouting reports on him all say RT. I guess I'm thinking we either have Hump or we move Josh Jones to LT but I'm willing to give JOhnson a chance to prove he can eventually be the LT.

My guess this year is he's a guard, played RG in college so wouldn't be surprised if he plays that for us this year.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yeah the scouting reports on him all say RT. I guess I'm thinking we either have Hump or we move Josh Jones to LT but I'm willing to give JOhnson a chance to prove he can eventually be the LT.

My guess this year is he's a guard, played RG in college so wouldn't be surprised if he plays that for us this year.
Next year, 2024, Humphries is a trade candidate after 6/1.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously it must have been swept under the rug because I've never read or heard anything about that and Suggs never faced any punishment in terms of jail time or suspension for it. He did drop a little though because he was suppose to be gone way before #6 and went #10 to BAL but obviously BAL made everyone regret it.
All over the news here because he was a local kid. Eventually cleared but no way Bidwill was going to draft a guy with a felony assault hanging over his head.

Attachments

• IMG_1239.png
    IMG_1239.png
    680.5 KB · Views: 8

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All over the news here because he was a local kid. Eventually cleared but no way Bidwill was going to draft a guy with a felony assault hanging over his head.
Ah, I was stationed in S Korea at the time so that's why I missed the local coverage. I was so pissed that draft day, debated on calling it quits as a Cardinal fan.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

In no universe is Wright better than Johnson.

Essentially the Cardinals moved down, then back up and better a first and a third for the guy they were rumored to want in the first place.

That's straight grand theft

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In no universe is Wright better than Johnson.

Essentially the Cardinals moved down, then back up and better a first and a third for the guy they were rumored to want in the first place.

That's straight grand theft

It just depends if Johnson actually winds up at LT. I don't think he's a LT I think there's a reason he didn't play there until his junior year.

I think Wright can play RT, I don't think Johnson is a Tackle I think he's a guard.

I guess we'll see, again hope I'm wrong

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

We've got Hernandez at RG. He'll likely play LG.

Although H.... played LG in NY.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Who the hell made that tape? Most of the actual highlights are him at guard and that one "highlight" is him one on one with Jalen Carter, who tosses him aside like a ragdoll but Stroud gets outside. I guess you can argue he allowed Stroud to get to the corner but he didn't do so by blocking Carter inside he did so by getting so thoroughly demolished by Carter that his QB had to get outside.

The guy who started ahead of him at LT the year before one of those hyphen names, was a guy who redshirted, then played RT, then LT, and was a 3rd round pick.

He definitely looks the part so I'm hoping I'm wrong but I watched a few Ohio State game this year and every one I watched it seemed he was getting beat off the edge

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson