We Traded For a CB - Trayvon Mullen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is the case whatsoever.

If you look at the list of corners available, it's pretty much just scrubs leftover at this point.

the conversation was specifically talking about waiting to sign Alford after week 1 and me responding if that was the actual plan. wasn't in regard to anyone else.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the conversation was specifically talking about waiting to sign Alford after week 1 and me responding if that was the actual plan. wasn't in regard to anyone else.
Ah okay. I'm just referring to the concept that they were waiting to sign anyone because of money.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He got a bad facemask call last night....the RB had his facemask, too and Mullen got the worse end AND the penalty.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was a 7th round pick for for a guy on drafted 40th still on his rookie contract.

That's a trade any GM should be making.

There are a lot of things Keim should be fired for but this isn't one of them.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was a 7th round pick for for a guy on drafted 40th still on his rookie contract.

About Ford any chance to be cut earlier and lower the pick?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Doubling down even in hindsight, eh?

Dumb trade then, dumb trade now.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Here’s what I posted on 9/1
”Trayvon Mullen is an example of beggars can’t be choosers. If we were talking draft, he wouldn’t be my choice. First he’s best as a press corner and that’s not a great fit on a team that sometimes puts CBs in isolated coverage. He’s played in all formats but is limited in man defense, especially if he gets no help over the top. Secondly, he’s not a ball hawk. The Cards might be the first team to go through a season with no CB interceptions. He does have go burst so he breaks up his share of passes, but his limitation in flat out speed can cause him to be left out of the play completely. He’s also often confused by stacked receivers. He’s best surrounded by vets. He willingly supports against the run but has a tendency to lower his head to quickly so he can be pushed aside. In essence, he’s not a sure tackler. He’s only slightly better than what they have.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doubling down even in hindsight, eh?

Dumb trade then, dumb trade now.

I'm not doubling down. It wasn't a dumb trade then or now.

I will trade next years 7th round pick for any player picked top 50 in the draft 3 years ago all day every day. No matter how bad he has been.

The chances of that guy being infinitely better than whoever that 7th round pick is around about is about 1/20.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not doubling down. It wasn't a dumb trade then or now.

I will trade next years 7th round pick for any player picked top 50 in the draft 3 years ago all day every day. No matter how bad he has been.

The chances of that guy being infinitely better than whoever that 7th round pick is around about is about 1/20.
#BritCardMath

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah except that CB HASN'T really been a problem area.
When you’re 4-9 everything has been a problem at some point. We are razors thin at the position with Murphy’s injury and the older vet having missed games at the beginning of the season. Our defense is rated at bottom of the league. No part of the defense was fine.