Describe your most Memorable 1st Time NFL Experience

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Could be a first time experience for you, or any 1st time NFL happening that you experienced first hand, or if not NFL, then some other well known or world wide occurrence of historical significance that you were present at.

I snuck into the 1st AFL/NFL Championship Game when I was a teenager. Went with a friend of mine's father who bought a ticket. We sat on the 50 yard line. It really didn't seem like a game that was of any huge significance at the time. Not a lot of people attended it. Actually seemed more like a pre-season game than a 'Super Bowl".

I didn't have a dad, so sort of adopted my friend's dad who was a real sports fan. We went to games, boxing matches, and horse races, at LA Coliseum, Olympic Auditorium, Hollywood Park and Santa Anita . It was some of my best memories. I enjoyed being with him more than with his son and other friends of mine at the time. Watched so many games on TV with him too, even after I grew up. Always had a great time with him. He was from Nebraska so we had great rivalry when Cornhuskers played Sun Devils. Had $1 bets with him on most games back in the day.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Drunk lady in St. Louis dumped a beer on my wife and I as we were walking out after kicking Lambs bootie. 2009 season, Beanie and Hightower combined for nearly 200 yards rushing.

She yells, "You're just a traitor Warner fan!"

My wife got in her face and yelled, "He grew up in Phoenix!"

It was awesome. :cheers:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
My first memory was walking through a store with my dad and we heard the Cards playing a game on the radio. We listened to Eric Swan dominate the last few plays of the game for a Cards win. I can’t remember who we played or anything else. Just how excited we both were.

been a suffering Card fan ever since.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1984 season finale Cardinals vs Skins @ RFK. NFC East division on the line. Loser goes home. My boss offers me her 2 tickets as long as I take her 7 year old son to the game. Cardinals down big at the half, but rally to take a late 4th quarter lead. Lomax to Jetstream was unstoppable in the 2nd half. Refs screw us royally & Skins kick a late field goal to take the lead. Cardinals drive into Washington territory with seconds left & rush the FG team onto the field. Neil O’Donoghue just misses a 50 yarder as time expires. The 7 year old was a Skins fan, but I had him rooting for the Cardinals down the stretch. Brutal walk back to the car.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tampa with cheese, brother-who-shall-not-post and pops for super bowl. Was both the first Super Bowl any of us attended and the first time the four of us just went on a man’s trip (no mom). Despite the loss, it was a great time that I don’t think any of us will ever forget. The entire weekend.

Oops, I forgot BWSNP’s bachelor party in New Orleans. But I’m not sure pops remembers a lot of that...

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
God my first NFL game was a 1990 pre season game against Denver in SDS.
I was 13 and just the smell and atmosphere had me all hyped up. Biggest thing I noticed was just how different the game was in person over TV. Nothing compares

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I could fill up this thread with memorable football firsts about this team. I'd love to.

But my first ever in-person Cardinals game was against the Raiders in a preseason game in 2004. I had just turned 18 and was starting my freshman year at ASU and lived in a dorm right by SDS. The Cardinals were down the whole game, but I was cheering on a hopeful upset on defense as Denny Green kept the starters in deep into the 3rd.

In the 4th quarter, a Raiders fan that I'd place in his 50s-60s, about 3-5 rows back, started screaming he was going to stab me on the way out and pulled out a knife. There weren't any Cardinals fans left around to help me, or any security.

We lost, I snuck out, and that's how I got introduced to the Cardinals at Sun Devil Stadium and Raiders fans.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 grandfather had ASU season tickets and the other had Cardinals season tickets, both on the upper east side of Sun Devil Stadium.

Sitting on the east side, I have more freckles on the left side of my face because of the southern path of the sun as we get deeper into the fall. Great memories with both grandfathers, lucky to have both families in town.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanksgiving 1977 in St Louis. Cards got beat 55-14 by Miami. Griese threw 6 touchdown passes and Shula took him out of the game and Don Strock finished. Crowd was booing because they wanted to see Griese break the touchdown record. Was very cold. Coldest I have ever been.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My first Cardinals game was November 27, 1994 against the Bears. Buddy, you got a winner, Ryan was the coach. The Cards were finishing practice when we purchased our tickets, so we waited around for autographs. One player said I know you guys are waiting for Garrison. They were so cool signing autograph. One long haired guy walked out to a rusty jeep and grabbed a 12 pack of beer. He seemed so cool, so we asked for his autograph. It was Randy Kirk, backup linebacker. He was so excited someone wanted his signature. Though we lost the game, it was a great weekend.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My first Cardinals game was November 27, 1994 against the Bears. Buddy, you got a winner, Ryan was the coach. The Cards were finishing practice when we purchased our tickets, so we waited around for autographs. One player said I know you guys are waiting for Garrison. They were so cool signing autograph. One long haired guy walked out to a rusty jeep and grabbed a 12 pack of beer. He seemed so cool, so we asked for his autograph. It was Randy Kirk, backup linebacker. He was so excited someone wanted his signature. Though we lost the game, it was a great weekend.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanksgiving 1977 in St Louis. Cards got beat 55-14 by Miami. Griese threw 6 touchdown passes and Shula took him out of the game and Don Strock finished. Crowd was booing because they wanted to see Griese break the touchdown record. Was very cold. Coldest I have ever been.
Until the Seattle debacle, the worst thumping I can remember. The beginning of the end of the Coryell era. Coryell had complained all year that he needed defensive help & Bidwill ignored him. Go back & check out our 77 draft. Took Pisarkiewicz in the 1st round & he was probably a 3rd or 4th round talent. We took a RB out out of Texas A&M Kingsville in the 2nd round. He had 1 carry for -8 yards his entire career. I laugh at the people that criticize Keim. For the Cardinal fans that go back to the 60’s, we KNOW that however crazy it may sound, Keim is a phenomenal GM compared to the crap (George Boone, etc) that Bill Bidwill had running this franchise.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Until the Seattle debacle, the worst thumping I can remember. The beginning of the end of the Coryell era. Coryell had complained all year that he needed defensive help & Bidwill ignored him. Go back & check out our 77 draft. Took Pisarkiewicz in the 1st round & he was probably a 3rd or 4th round talent. We took a RB out out of Texas A&M Kingsville in the 2nd round. He had 1 carry for -8 yards his entire career. I laugh at the people that criticize Keim. For the Cardinal fans that go back to the 60’s, we KNOW that however crazy it may sound, Keim is a phenomenal GM compared to the crap (George Boone, etc) that Bill Bidwill had running this franchise.
I suppose when you compare eating poop to eating regurgitated diarrhea with roadkill guts the poop begins to look good to you.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I could fill up this thread with memorable football firsts about this team. I'd love to.

But my first ever in-person Cardinals game was against the Raiders in a preseason game in 2004. I had just turned 18 and was starting my freshman year at ASU and lived in a dorm right by SDS. The Cardinals were down the whole game, but I was cheering on a hopeful upset on defense as Denny Green kept the starters in deep into the 3rd.

In the 4th quarter, a Raiders fan that I'd place in his 50s-60s, about 3-5 rows back, started screaming he was going to stab me on the way out and pulled out a knife. There weren't any Cardinals fans left around to help me, or any security.

We lost, I snuck out, and that's how I got introduced to the Cardinals at Sun Devil Stadium and Raiders fans.

Oh I remember that game well. Might have been the hottest have we ever attended.

Good to be at the super bowl with my son. But we have had several, the San Diego game comes to mind Chris Jackie's fg puts in the playoffs. My son was on my shoulders for that kick cuz everyone was standing.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I mean it’s a great story but it only needs to be told once

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
All I needed was Bob Ferguson and Ron Graves to teach me to give Keim a chance to fix his drafting issues. Before I call for his head.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can remember my first 49ers home game at Kezar Stadium in the mid 60's, seeing the Packers come to town, and watching Bart Starr take the field from up pretty close. As a kid of 8 years old or so, it was pretty freaking awesome then, and just as cool to remember now.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Leroy Kelly as a kid, have never seen a better player since, covered in mud he was the browns offense for 10 years - NFL punt return champion, rush champion, could turn on a dime covered in mud, and give defense change. He wasn’t a better rusher then Jim brown, but was a more complete -player - passing, power, cuts, open field.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited: