gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn’t see the other thread when I refreshed.. mods can delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We turned a 3rd round pick in 2018 to a 6th round pick.

All that is left from the 2018 draft is Kirk and Edmonds.
Totally unbelievable. I can't for the life of me understand how Keim still has a job. I genuinely have to think that literally a fan could draft better at this point.

yup. Cant get caught up in the sunk cost trap. Move on and take what you can get.
When do we move on from the concept of sunk cost fallacy and move to "Keim needs to go?"

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally unbelievable. I can't for the life of me understand how Keim still has a job. I genuinely have to think that literally a fan could draft better at this point.

When do we move on from the concept of sunk cost fallacy and move to "Keim needs to go?"

Cards didn't have a regular 3rd or 5th to move up for Rosen.
Cole was a supplemental 3rd
Arizona didn't have a regular 4th (traded to move up to get Budda Baker the prior year)
Edmonds was a supplemental 4th
Chris Campbell was the 6th

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Cards didn't have a regular 3rd or 5th to move up for Rosen.
Cole was a supplemental 3rd
Arizona didn't have a regular 4th (traded to move up to get Budda Baker the prior year)
Edmonds was a supplemental 4th
Chris Campbell was the 6th
I'm not sure if there's anything you're arguing here, lol. I'm aware of all of those items.

Christian Kirk probably won't make it to a second contract here, and Edmonds is a pretty pedestrian RB. What an awful haul for a draft only 3 years ago.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's anything you're arguing here, lol. I'm aware of all of those items.

Christian Kirk probably won't make it to a second contract here, and Edmonds is a pretty pedestrian RB. What an awful haul for a draft only 3 years ago.

Not arguing. Just a reference point for the 2018 draft. Had Rosen not been a bust, the draft would have been looked far different, since two picks were packaged to move up.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Chase is a pretty good RB2, but agreed with everything else.

Reactions: PJ1

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at it this way.

He got the 6th back he traded for Golden and Golden is costing less money at a more important position.

Look at it as a swap of Cole for Golden. Given the choice I know which I'd rather have.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Kirk is a talented player. We just use him really poorly and when he is open Kyler often doesn't see him or doesn't throw his way.
Kirk has a lot of speed and a lot of drops. His hands are almost as bad as Isabella's.

Reactions: PJ1

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Kirk is a talented player. We just use him really poorly and when he is open Kyler often doesn't see him or doesn't throw his way.

well Hudson alone should help this issue because Kyler won’t have a bum in front of him he can’t count on.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And I am sure we will look around in 4 years and still see Cole bouncing around the league. I am happy we got something for a player we decided to move on from but drives me crazy that Keim's draft are so crappy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
keim makes me crazy sometimes too, but i think a collective deep breath is needed

most draft picks fail. period. no matter the GM, its true. even in the first round, its true (failure here defined as "no second contract") The number of drafted players / UDFAs every year relative to roster sizes pretty much guarantees this.

per PFF, the best drafting team over the last five years has been the KC Chiefs (passes the eye test as well).

they have 2 players left from the 2018 draft, only one could be considered a contributor.

as a benchmark, getting two players a year from your draft that contribute is pretty solid

to be clear: this isnt saying Keim is a good drafter. he isnt. What he is: a drafter like 25 other GMs whose results are based on draft randomness rather than skill.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson