Free Agency Rumors

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Peterson, at the right price, is the right choice. He knows the system, knows the personnel, and would still be a top tier, maybe the top, #2 CB in the league. Re-signing PP doesn't preclude the Cards from taking a CB in the draft.

Trade up early in round, if he's available, and get a Newsome, or someone similar. A CB group of Newsome, PP, Murphy, and Alford doesn't sound bad to me. Or say Surtain or Farley drops, draft them. A rookie needs a vet to learn the ropes and who better than PP to teach him. Okudah, for the Lions, struggled mightily early on last year and he was a top 5 pick.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson, at the right price, is the right choice. He knows the system, knows the personnel, and would still be a top tier, maybe the top, #2 CB in the league. Re-signing PP doesn't preclude the Cards from taking a CB in the draft.

Trade up early in round, if he's available, and get a Newsome, or someone similar. A CB group of Newsome, PP, Murphy, and Alford doesn't sound bad to me. Or say Surtain or Farley drops, draft them. A rookie needs a vet to learn the ropes and who better than PP to teach him. Okudah, for the Lions, struggled mightily early on last year and he was a top 5 pick.

But I dont think he is the right guy to learn from, a veteran corner who doesn't want to tackle and hiding himself and waiting for someone tackling instead of him

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You're right of course. The thing is, the one thing that's always been bigger than P2's talent is his ego. I just don't see him signing for anything less than $14m and I don't think he's worth it anymore.

Before last season he was talking about how he was going to show everyone how great he still was, how he was going to have a big year, and what we got was a lot of Meh.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We absolutely have to find our WR2 in FA, because in no way, shape, or form will Keim find us an adequate one in the draft. It isn't in his wheelhouse.

If they go that route, I would like to get John Brown back. He was released by Buffalo, but played well with them last season. I think it was a salary cap-move to let him go. I can't remember how it ended between his and Keim, though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they go that route, I would like to get John Brown back. He was released by Buffalo, but played well with them last season. I think it was a salary cap-move to let him go. I can't remember how it ended between his and Keim, though.

Last year he did nothing, he spent most of it injured. But yes, the year before he was good.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Maybe I'm mis-reading things but I thought Vance mentioned a bit more zone on the back end next year. Especially if we are going all out on QB pressure.

Which CB's are the best zone corners on the market?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe I'm mis-reading things but I thought Vance mentioned a bit more zone on the back end next year. Especially if we are going all out on QB pressure.

He always said he was a press man guy. I think he only played zone at all because he felt P2 and Kirkpatrick were too far gone to play press.

Much more likely he's looking to get guys in that can play the way he wants. Especially with what it looks like they are trying to do with the D line.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

From what I read these players had some success playing zone coverage

Awuzie
Michael Davis
Troy Hill
Quinton Dunbar

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You're right of course. The thing is, the one thing that's always been bigger than P2's talent is his ego. I just don't see him signing for anything less than $14m and I don't think he's worth it anymore.

Before last season he was talking about how he was going to show everyone how great he still was, how he was going to have a big year, and what we got was a lot of Meh.

And he probably shouldn't get half of that, so he's definitely gone, IMO, or should be.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Realistically his market is $10-11m.

It feels too much but that's where it is now with the cap increases over recent years.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Yep. His mind writes checks his body can no longer cash. He was below league average performer last season AND was the most penalized CB in the NFL. He was great...was. Either he signs cheap or it’s time to go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. His mind writes checks his body can no longer cash. He was below league average performer last season AND was the most penalized CB in the NFL. He was great...was. Either he signs cheap or it’s time to go.

The PED's thing was a major clue. No great player takes PED's unless they think they lost a step.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
around 6-8 mil would be okay for a #2 CB like him, but he thinks he is a #1 and that is not going to fair well around the teams that know what he is now.

I would rather sign Sherman at this point than PP21 for veteran leadership. Maybe PP21 can have another great year, but I'm not sold that he will sign here a 1year prove it deal. Or a cheap team friendly deal.

I hope if Fitz comes back, he takes a lesson from TB12 and takes something like the veteran minimum salery + signing bonus deal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Beside Ramsey who is the best cornerback in the nfl, a couple of guys played pretty well against us
Jason Verret, who almost neutralize Hopkins( having his worst game of the season)in week 16
Then Ankhello Weatherspoon on kirk
Both are free agents, younger and cheaper
Totally down with getting Jason Verrett :raccoon:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson