Nexflix really taken over Hollywood?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Me, personably, I watch Netflix (mostly binging). The movies today are all remakes of movies without an original idea or or some stupid action flick without any real acting. NETFLIX has some really compelling movies. Where is Hollywood headed?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And where is television headed? It's one big commercial without premium channels.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And where is television headed? It's one big commercial without premium channels.

And those commercials are worth bubkus most of the time, because people DVR shows and fast forward through them. If I want to watch a show live, I actually start about 15 minutes late because of this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And those commercials are worth bubkus most of the time, because people DVR shows and fast forward through them. If I want to watch a show live, I actually start about 15 minutes late because of this.

I will need to find a DVR that works with the DirecTV receiver. Do not want to extend my contract with them by buying their receiver/DVR.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been watching BBC world news lately. Their only commercial break is actually just a break that shows facts about this day in history. It's amazing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I've been watching BBC world news lately. Their only commercial break is actually just a break that shows facts about this day in history. It's amazing.

I've been following BBC on the internet. Taking the next step wouldn't be hard.

Mostly I've become irritated with many non-premium channels becoming a toxic dump of commercials even though I pay a fair amount for DirecTV.

Many nights my selections come down to watching the vets, Pawn Stars, History or some form of criminal program.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been following BBC on the internet. Taking the next step wouldn't be hard.

Mostly I've become irritated with many non-premium channels becoming a toxic dump of commercials even though I pay a fair amount for DirecTV.

Many nights my selections come down to watching the vets, Pawn Stars, History or some form of criminal program.

I have youtube TV and love it but I dont watch a ton of TV and yes when I turn on regular TV and find it is about 15 minutes programming and 15 minutes of commercials....I turn it off. Terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn