Patrick Peterson “always up for contract negotiations”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be. I feel confident that this could be sold to Peterson if you framed his career to Charles Woodson's. I think if you tell him he will be making 11+ mil per yer until he is 34, he will be interested in the idea. You can point to Aquib Talib for reference. NFL players want their ego's stroked and guy like Peterson is always worried about his legacy. If the switch is on his terms and he knows he has somewhere to go once he sees what the film shows what others can see...I think he does it.

Like I said, my preference is to keep him around but I am starting to have conditions if that is the case. If Peterson wants 18 mil per year for the next 4 years, I am good with trying to trade him.

My point is that we are going to have to look at adding a S regardless and 11 is not a bad market rate for one.

yeah, but I think the idea of him playing Safety or even PP believing he has to in the next four years is a fantasy as well, for two reasons.

you bring up Woodson, but Woodson wasn't switched to S until 2006, when he was 36 years old. When he was 32 years old, he still got a HUGE (for the time) FA CB contract at 7 years, 52 million. Also, Woodson was an all-around football player who played tough against the run as well. And last, Woodson was a ball-hawk as a CB, amongst the league leaders or flat out leading the league in passes defended and INTs in a lo of his seasons. As good as Peterson was in his prime, he was never a huge ball-hawk and has always been flat out pathetic against the run.

So, to be honest, making him a S, who's slowing down noticeably AND won't do anything against the run and paying him 11 million per year to do that doesn't even seem like that wise of an investment in the first place.

second of all, PP is so high on himself that he DEFINITELY thinks he's going to get one more massive CB contract. We just shouldn't be the ones stupid enough to give him one.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imo, he's going to demand huge dollars and someone is going to pay it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Whatever happens , I am sure of one thing... Keim will ultimately screw it up lol

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a lose-lose situation for the Cards...His trade value has plummeted in recent weeks as he is now on the decline in his career and there’s no way in you-know-what that he resigns for “average” CB money.

Like others have said, if you try and tag him he’ll just hold out, the only option I see is simply accepting the best trade offer you can find in the off-season and moving on.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you want to extend your legacy and are going to get paid a large amount of money, you can be convinced to tackle. Peterson is completely capable of being a solid tackler.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lmfao he should be the way he is playing

Big test for him vs rams....

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone Christmas shopping?

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online