Any Posters Who Still Think

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That the team made a mistake, drafting KM #1 overall? I know at the time of the Draft there were a bunch. I'm assuming they have all climbed on the Murray bandwagon, but don't really know.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That the team made a mistake, drafting KM #1 overall? I know at the time of the Draft there were a bunch. I'm assuming they have all climbed on the Murray bandwagon, but don't really know.
I am still unsure it was the right decision, but that has more to do with Keim and Kliff, to whom the pick is inexorably linked. I'm all for Kyler's great play but am simultaneously concerned all he's going to do is run for his life and be part of the Texas Tech of the NFL.

Sort of a "right player, wrong time" scenario.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wanted Q Williams during the draft and thought that Rosen could do well in KK’s system.

After seeing the results so far I am very happy that we drafted KM1 now and glad that I was wrong about the draft.

Now let’s set him up for success and give him some weapons and a decent O line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wanted Willams in the draft also but am more than impressed with KM. The vast improvement in our offense can't be denied. Night and day vs. last year. People can criticize KK all they want but for a first year coach in the NFL he is doing just fine.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not ready to eat crow yet..........but I am willing to admit last night I should think about what seasoning I may want to use on the bird

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
6 games don't make it a correct choice.Hold your horses a while.Some need more than 6 games to jump on the bandwagon.Since yesterday was his best game so far and he has
Not yet been consistently good I think I will watch the bandwagon go by for now.If or when he plays at a level worthy of his draft pick for a season or two or longer then maybe I will consider it.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True enough but seeing Rosen in Miami helps. Actually Wilks et al are to blame.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m all in on Murray and I lost def didn’t want to draft him. I just finished watching yesterday’s game. Impressive. Like I’ve said we all want the same thing in the end and that’s all that matters. A winner. We’re a long long way from that. But we have seen some encouraging signs.

I’ll take them and hope the trend upward continues.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Josh Rosen is terrible and needed to be upgraded from. I would've taken Bosa then used this year's very high pick to grab Tua or one of the other QBs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 games don't make it a correct choice.Hold your horses a while.Some need more than 6 games to jump on the bandwagon.Since yesterday was his best game so far and he has
Not yet been consistently good I think I will watch the bandwagon go by for now.If or when he plays at a level worthy of his draft pick for a season or two or longer then maybe I will consider it.
So you’re going to sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Did you watch this team last year. Seriously Bud, I cannot believe you aren’t at least excited a little bit based on what he’s done and the growth he has shown as the season has rolled along.

But okay. I won’t bother you anymore but there are probably a lot of great seats available as you watch the bandwagon go rolling by.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

I think you like him already you just don’t want to admit it :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jury is still out but he has improved a lot the last couple of weeks. Jury is still out because yes he has 3 300 yard games in his first 6 putting him in company with Newton and Luck but 2 of those games were against CIN & ATL. You could argue we are better with Murray than Rosen but Tom Brady would suck if he was put in the same scenario as Rosen’s first 2 seasons so right now you would be comparing apples to oranges. How would Rosen look in BB’s offense?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Jury is still out but he has improved a lot the last couple of weeks. Jury is still out because yes he has 3 300 yard games in his first 6 putting him in company with Newton and Luck but 2 of those games were against CIN & ATL. You could argue we are better with Murray than Rosen but Tom Brady would suck if he was put in the same scenario as Rosen’s first 2 seasons so right now you would be comparing apples to oranges. How would Rosen look in BB’s offense?

for you older fans out there I think Josh Rosen is in a situation like Norm Snead was his early years.Terrible Redskins and Eagles teams of the early 60`s.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a little miffed at “ ya but we beat a bad team” banter. There are 16 “ poor” teams in the league and we are one of them.

But remember the Patriots, saints, and the likes are feasting on these poorer teams too. Every loss we suffered this year has been against winning teams. We tied one of them and we’ve been in every game except against the Seahawks.

Anyone remember losing 24-6, 33-0, 31-6 last year? At least we are respectable this year beating the teams we SHOULD beat.

Edit: ain’t it funny the Cowboys beat the Giants, Redskins and Dolphins and the media had them Super Bowl bound?

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't get the people concerned about his height? He's been the same height for all 6 games now. yes there are occasions where a ball has been tipped but overall it's not happening that much,its' not like teams are going to sign basketball players to tip passes when they play us. Flacco for example is 6'6" and in 2018 after 6 games he and Kirk Cousins were tied for the NFL lead with ELEVEN passes batted or tipped. It was so bad they had him throwing over a coach in practice holding a stuffed bag up so it was 12 feet high. In the whole scheme of things Kyler isn't getting deflected that much he seems to be figuring out how to find throwing lanes and he's doing it.

There are other concerns, even on the first TD he missed Isabella. There were a coupleof other plays where he appeared to miss guys(Byrd once) not see them but again rookie QB it is going to happen. Hell Matt Ryan in retrospect one of the biggest plays of the game was 3rd down perfect protection Ryan overthrows a wide open Wr for a first down and they don't continue that drive.

is Kyler going to be an elite QB yeah too early to say, can he be a good NFL starter and is he our QBOF, I think it's pretty obvious now the answer is yes.

And to pat myself on the back since he started running, the offense has taken off. yes it's also weaker opponents but the fact is if he continues to do what he's doing, run and then get down or out of bounds ot protect himself, this offense is going to move the ball because teams can't account for that. You can see it they don't really want to play zone because they want to force Kyler to make tough throws not throw into open areas, but they can't play man consistently because of his run threat.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I’m a little miffed at “ ya but we beat a bad team” banter. There are 16 “ poor” teams in the league and we are one of them.

But remember the Patriots, saints, and the likes are feasting on these poorer teams too. Every loss we suffered this year has been against winning teams. We tied one of them and we’ve been in every game except against the Seahawks.

Anyone remember losing 24-6, 33-0, 31-6 last year? At least we are respectable this year beating the teams we SHOULD beat.

Moral victories count for jackshit.And we BETTER beat teams we should beat.I like it that Cards are competitive...nothing wrong with that.Expecting more because the NUMBER ONE PICK was supposed to be transcendent game changing player is not asking too much IMO.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yes, but it has nothing to do with Kyler Murray the player.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just want to tell BW52, that IMO, he HAS BEEN consistently good. His first six games have been close to "record setting". He has taken a team, offensively, that was either on the bottom or close to it, and brought them to the top half of the NFL. FB is not a sport where one person can turn a team around completely, but he has the (offense) going in the right direction. JMO.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

My disappointment in the selection lasted about one minute after the draft night call, and I'm quite content today with the pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson