We Lost

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We do not have a legit free safety playing right now, but two strong safeties in Baker and Swearinger who have not shown they can cover... I would try one of the Thompsons
DJ will be cut tomorrow morning. Baker is three games away from being a backup.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Head coaches are brought in to turn around the team, not just one side of the ball. That includes coaching the entire team, even if it's not directly calling defensive plays.

There are tons of very strong head coaches at coaching one side of the ball and not the other - and most of them end up fired. Sure, Kliff needs time... but how much before we have to say "he couldn't win in college and doesn't look like he can win here?"

Almost every coach ends up fired.

Kliff will likely get 3-5 years, depending on how we evolve, just like most coaches get. He is already doing better than Wilks, at least we are 0-3-1 vs 0-4

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why is a owner hiring a head coach against the wish of his GM?

Because he owns the team and gets to do whatever he wants. Keim wouldn’t get a GM job anywhere if he were fired tomorrow.
DJ will be cut tomorrow morning. Baker is three games away from being a backup.

I wonder if Swearinger might get sacrificed this week.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because he owns the team and gets to do whatever he wants. Keim wouldn’t get a GM job anywhere if he were fired tomorrow.

I wonder if Swearinger might get sacrificed this week.
I meant Swearinger not David Johnson. Have to agree Swearinger is likely out.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I admit, it's somewhat depressing to see Arians led team put up 55 on the road against the Rams, while our "explosive" offense stuns the world with 10 points.

Look, the defense sucking isn't a shock. The offense starting to stagnate is very worrisome. This year isn't much better than last, and odds are good that they end up with an even worse record than 3-13.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vance Joseph said it last week. The defense's biggest problem is limiting yards on first down and second down. And it played out again this week big time. Every first down they got gashed for 5 or 6 yards. Rarely forced them into 3rd and long.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vance Joseph said it last week. The defense's biggest problem is limiting yards on first down and second down. And it played out again this week big time. Every first down they got gashed for 5 or 6 yards. Rarely forced them into 3rd and long.
The rb even if he is tackled behind the line of scrimmage can easily break some tackles and gain 4,5 yards

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do like Kyler Murray but we need to build a team around him. Lots of holes to fill. Agree with most that Keim needs to be replaced.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Like Murray, I expected to see more from Kingsbury than we have so far. One thing I am very confident he will figure out how to make his offense work in the NFL. He will make the necessary adjustments.

I'm also confident in K2's offensive coaching/scheming capabilities. I thought we saw several clever play designs yesterday.

Where perhaps the jury is still out is K2's ability to be the coaching staff's CEO.

Still, he seems doggedly determined. I think it might take a full year and a full offseason, but if he continues to work hard like he's done his first six months, I think going into the 2020 season, we'll have a coach that will be a challenging match for his NFL peers.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh, dink and dunk, dink and dunk. Not my cup of tea, and usually takes near perfect skill and offensive cohesion to work well.

I don't think anyone is a fan of the dink & dunk crap. Give KK some credit for realizing that Carolina would force us into that in order to move the ball. Seattle has the personnel to do the same & DID. Early in both games, we did move the ball. Unfortunately, we're settling for FG's & then our D immediately allows the opposition to drive the length of the field and put up 7. Do the math. That's a losing strategy. KK/K1 MUST figure out how to punch the ball into the end zone. That's where the focus needs to be. The D is the D. Until Patrick gets back, we'll continue to struggle stopping teams. The O has to get better in the red zone. It's that simple.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is a fan of the dink & dunk crap. Give KK some credit for realizing that Carolina would force us into that in order to move the ball. Seattle has the personnel to do the same & DID. Early in both games, we did move the ball. Unfortunately, we're settling for FG's & then our D immediately allows the opposition to drive the length of the field and put up 7. Do the math. That's a losing strategy. KK/K1 MUST figure out how to punch the ball into the end zone. That's where the focus needs to be. The D is the D. Until Patrick gets back, we'll continue to struggle stopping teams. The O has to get better in the red zone. It's that simple.

That QB keeper for the TD was a nice play call, and it looked like a designed run all the way. It had DJ as a lead blocker.

Hope they again use that one in red zone in future games.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That QB keeper for the TD was a nice play call, and it looked like a designed run all the way. It had DJ as a lead blocker.

Hope they again use that one in red zone in future games.

Agree. That was a nice call. K1 has multiple skills & needs to show them in a game. The more that DC's see him do on tape, the less one dimensional they can make him. Everyone knows I love K1, but he needs to break out of his shell & take some risks. Him being too conservative in the red zone has made it easier for defenses to stop us.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Btw, I'm sure everyone saw some of the lasers that K1 threw late in the game. I understand it was garbage time & the D was playing off. But, he again demonstrated that he can humm the rock. I was encouraged by that, but he needs to understand that he needs to take chances with tighter windows when a game is still a game. I'm sure he's trying to protect the ball, but this team isn't going anywhere. If he completes some into tighter spots, it'll loosen up the D.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fun stat of the evening:

The Cardinals allowed their most total yards (1,670) through the first 4 weeks of a season since at least 1940.

Nice to see an improvement from
Last season...not!

holy cow... that stat. WOW.
For every micro step we make on offense...... Our defense is making it a non-event.

Our defense is Sam Bradford bad.
I'm beginning to feel KM will develop just fine but that this offensive system is bunk.

I am starting to slightly agree, but have faith that KK will adjust. Maybe it's fool-hearty but I have seen growth and adjustments in his game that keep me optimistic.

Remember, we have played:
Detroit - Much better than people thought.
Baltimore - Playoff bound and maybe division winner.
Carolina - Righted the ship and are now looking super strong.
Seattle - Division crown hopes and a future HOF QB.

Imagine if our first three weeks were against the Jets, Bengals, & Giants like the Bills. Or the Giants, Redskins & Dolphins like the Cowboys had.

Our schedule is freaking TOUGH. Right out of the gate with very few let ups in sight.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Deshaun Watson press conference clip said as much regarding Carolina's defense. The other teams will do it as long as we dont (or cant) punish them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Deshaun Watson press conference clip said as much regarding Carolina's defense. The other teams will do it as long as we dont (or cant) punish them.

Absolutely. We will see that D shoved down our throats until we figure out how to beat it. Unfortunately, do we have enough on our roster to do that? We currently have a very small margin for success on BOTH sides of the ball. We're kidding ourselves if we think otherwise. Yes, KK & K1 can be better. But too many times when KK draws up the play & K1 executes it, the little yellow flag comes out for some asinine penalty that usually had no factor in the success of the play.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not chest pounding. I'm normally awfully depressed after a Cardinals loss. I steeled myself for this season looking forward.

It's better than sitting here having thought we had a chance to at least hang around in the standings and getting disappointed. I'm not sure what you want from me here... stop posting because I was "right?"

Hell, maybe I want to be right so we can move on from this disaster before I'm 40.
I think the point in general is that you had a certain theme during the off-season and posts like that open you up to a certain criticism and come off somewhat condescending from that perspective.. so saying you being objective about the situation goes out the window. Imo. It's a message board though.. so it's all good. I'm just throwing out how I see it and others might see it. :raccoon:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Although I like the idea of k1 running some (the td run), I do think he should not do it too much.

Was it J Allen that got nailed yesterday on a run?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not going to make the argument that Kliff will succeed in the NFL, but there is one thing we need to keep in mind with him and that is that he is a rookie NFL coach.

Most new head coaches are simply new to being the head coach, but Kliff is trying to learn the ropes of the NFL while also implementing a system that is new to most of the players.

I think with that in mind it may take Kliff a little longer to settle in than your typical new head coach, but ultimately still needs to show some progress before the end of this season.
He showed yesterday that he is trying to figure out how to call plays in the NFL by using TE's more. I liked how they ran the ball. Alot of this has to do with talent, both the OL & DL needs to be reworked, we have no speed or depth at LB'er, a big mouth safety that can no longer do anything, not to mention both starting corners are out. Did I mention a GM whom no one trusts with 100 million in cap space to spend next off-season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson