Vance Joseph as DC so far

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Guess what how many years has it been making back up QB’s and TE’s look like all pro’s

I’m pretty sure we were the pilot study for the league going with more big fast and athletic TE’s you could stand up and have the create havoc between the box and deep 3rd. The problem has been here since wisenhunt at least. Super ridiculous

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Just a random observation, but reddick looks lost at all times. He led the team with 12 tackles, but it still doesn’t look like the game has slowed down for him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a random observation, but reddick looks lost at all times. He led the team with 12 tackles, but it still doesn’t look like the game has slowed down for him.

Not that he's great, but Reddick is the least of our problems right now. We're not pressuring the QB enough to offset our mess in the secondary. It'll help to get PP21 back, but we may be 1-5-1 by then. Maybe.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That was embarrassing.

Kyle Freaking Allen goes into Cardinal lore as yet another back up QB to roast our ass.

That's the kind of performance that will cost Keim his job.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He isn’t responsible for Patrick Peterson getting caught using PED’s or Alford breaking his leg. Or Swearinger playing like garbage. The least of our problems

Is he responsible for assigning Swearinger to chase around Greg Olsen all day?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a savant, but what kind of adjustments are you going to make with a defense without depth and starting a bunch of players with little experience at DB.

No horses to play man, no experience was to not screw up zone, and no one to cover a TE, especially when you have a dynamic RB is also cover.

We are the 49ers from the last two years.

Pretty much. Our biggest problem is lack of talent. Can’t fix everything in one offseason.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Scariest stat of the week. The Cardinals defense gave up 413 total yards. That's an improvement over the 458.5 they averaged in the first two weeks.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Not that he's great, but Reddick is the least of our problems right now. We're not pressuring the QB enough to offset our mess in the secondary. It'll help to get PP21 back, but we may be 1-5-1 by then. Maybe.

Completely agree he is the least of the issue, but maybe it’s a microcosm of a bigger issue. The defense doesn’t seem to play with much heart. Almost like it’s 25 or so dudes showing up to do their job. Not much of an attitude or identity for this defense. I might be completely off base, but it doesn’t seem there is good/effective leadership, and the collective seem as though they could give a poo.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Completely agree he is the least of the issue, but maybe it’s a microcosm of a bigger issue. The defense doesn’t seem to play with much heart. Almost like it’s 25 or so dudes showing up to do their job. Not much of an attitude or identity for this defense. I might be completely off base, but it doesn’t seem there is good/effective leadership, and the collective seem as though they could give a ****.

I agree. This team needs an energetic voice on defense, whether it's the DC or a few players. They are so lacking in that area. I questioned the hiring of VJ after I listened to a few of his interviews. If you don't have enough talent on that side of the ball (and we don't yet), you better be able to fire up the troops to play out of your a$$. Right now, we have neither vocal leadership nor on the field leadership.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Where is the Suggs leadership this team needs. Do not see that Raven “attitude” that he should be leading by. Not one NASTY football player on this defense

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You blitz in the face of the young QB and force him to make quick decisions with a guy in his face.

Agreed, and he did that a few times and Allen still got the ball out. I feel like the big plays were a result of VJ trying too hard and instead of giving up a 15 yard play, it became a 30 yard play (or more).

Bowles lost to a rookie in his first start, and he is a very aggressive DC. Still need the horses.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D is a disaster. VJ may not make adjustments but that is a weak group. How many would start on a decent team? Not many.

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not a savant, but what kind of adjustments are you going to make with a defense without depth and starting a bunch of players with little experience at DB.

No horses to play man, no experience was to not screw up zone, and no one to cover a TE, especially when you have a dynamic RB is also cover.

We are the 49ers from the last two years.
Where are the injuries ?

They put this D together

Only man missing is PP

Keim has failed at putting an O line and D lines

0-2-1 and 3 games back after 3

Body bag em

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting when Peterson comes back. I am saving judgement til then

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VJ promised us our goal was to control 1st down and he has failed miserably on that promise. First play of the game we had 2 down linemen and everyone else was 3 yards off the line off scrimmage. Result was a 7 yard gain. And it wasn't the last time the Panthers saw that front on the same drive.

I expect to see 8 guys crowding the line , chipping te's and different guys falling into coverage. Do something rather than rope-a-dope.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you removed tackles:
CJ(2 Sacks, 2FF, 1FR, 2 Qb hit) & Reddick(2 PD, 1 TFL)

The rest of teams contributions was 1 Qb hit by Suggs. KM had same amount of solo tackles as Peter's & Suggs :bang:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yeah the defense is bad, but look at who Joesph has to play. The question of who covers the tight end is valid. Baker is fast but not strong enough. Who has he shutdown? Swearinger has insufficient speed all while having to guard against break through runners. The cornerbacks have the same one dimensional talents. Hicks is fine against the run but weak against the pass. Reddick lacks the agility to cover consistently. Suggs can only run forward. Only Jones is exceptional. Peters is sound. Has anyone else on the D-line produced. Nobody could defend with this personnel. Slowest defense ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got why people were excited about this hire...