OT: Vance Joseph hired as the Broncos new DC

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Very interesting...good for VJ.

Has there ever been a HC fired and then hired as a coordinator with the same team?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think anywhere but Denver. Vance has a few more years removed from his time in Denver. Vic has only been gone a little over a year. I think the reports of Vic waffling on the Dolphins job, was because the Cardinals still had a chance at Payton.
Second Broncos HC to return as a DC. Wade Phillips and now Vance Joseph.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn’t - he just didn’t credit the person who broke the story.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I removed him from the title. It was weird to see that he posted it without credit or even saying a source or anything. Went to Twitter and found the person who broke it and added that tweet early on in the thread.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx for fixing header. MJ gets no credit for being a scoop stealer. :(
Right? I suspect the guy is bipolar or something is just off with him. He posted something on Facebook about the coaching staff the other day (I think he was going on and on about being upset that we didn't get Flores) and I posted that I was excited for Gannon and the youth movement we have going on here. He responded with "Who gives a sh** what you think?!"

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even more reason to be glad we didn't hire Payton.

He would have kept Vance and Vance would have kept Davis.
Even though I did want Payton, I can't argue with this. It seems as if Payton is sticking with the good ole boys club hiring practice.
I don't know much about the young guys Gannon is bringing in but I'm glad they are not washed up re-treads.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Even though I did want Payton, I can't argue with this. It seems as if Payton is sticking with the good ole boys club hiring practice.
I don't know much about the young guys Gannon is bringing in but I'm glad they are not washed up re-treads.
lots of reasons why bringing in young guys can be a good idea.
assuming of course, they can coach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Right? I suspect the guy is bipolar or something is just off with him. He posted something on Facebook about the coaching staff the other day (I think he was going on and on about being upset that we didn't get Flores) and I posted that I was excited for Gannon and the youth movement we have going on here. He responded with "Who gives a sh** what you think?!"
Apparently, no one gives a **** about what he thinks either, or he would be getting paid to talk about the Cardinals.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Remember a couple of weeks ago before we had a HC he was tweeting that Brant Boyer would be on the staff? He's a clown.