Week 1: Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0) Pregame thread. 08/30/19-09/07/2019

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/with-marcus-gilbert-hurting-cardinals-prepare-ol-depth
Rookie guard/center Lamont Gaillard (knee) was also ruled out. Linebackers Haason Reddick (knee) and Ezekiel Turner (hand) are officially questionable. For the Lions, linebacker Jarrad Davis (ankle), defensive lineman Da’Shawn Hand (elbow), cornerback Rashaan Melvin (knee) and offensive lineman Frank Ragnow (ankle) are all questionable.

Gaillard probably wouldn't dress anyway. Turner probably needed on ST.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go cards so hyped!!!

Excited to see Murray young wrs hoping the def plays better

Today is like a xmas excitment rush!!!

Hope im able to zzz tonight when im excited for something insomnia kicks in night before

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Let's go cards so hyped!!!

Excited to see Murray young wrs hoping the def plays better

Today is like a xmas excitment rush!!!

Hope im able to zzz tonight when im excited for something insomnia kicks in night before
I'm excited too, I have no expectations and have literally no clue if they'll be good or bad and yet I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait to watch...this is the life of a CARDS FAN lol

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing more depressing than Gilbert's injury is the heavy amount of bellyaching about Gilbert's injury.

Note - Buzz from the Cardinal website was that Gilbert's replacement would probably be Toth or the other dude they recently signed. (They considered Miles more of a LT).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The only thing more depressing than Gilbert's injury is the heavy amount of bellyaching about Gilbert's injury.

Note - Buzz from the Cardinal website was that Gilbert's replacement would probably be Toth or the other dude they recently signed. (They considered Miles more of a LT).
This seems like another "you just have to be positive if you're a fan."

We traded away a guy with experience on the line and are now backed into a corner. That is a clear mistake from Keim, who should have realized Gilbert and most of his linemen haven't played a full season in years.

I don't care if Cunningham didn't look great, we're on the cusp of starting either a rookie who hasn't played in the league ever, or a guy who has played just a few days of practice and was cut by another team.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

We traded away a guy with experience on the line and are now backed into a corner. That is a clear mistake from Keim, who should have realized Gilbert and most of his linemen haven't played a full season in years.

I don't care if Cunningham didn't look great, we're on the cusp of starting either a rookie who hasn't played in the league ever, or a guy who has played just a few days of practice and was cut by another team.
This is a rare occasion where I’ll agree with ya. Seems like terrible decision making at this point in time.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

The issues with Keim continue to grow. I totally agree with your take. Cunningham would be starting if he wasnt traded for a bag of pretzels and a used g-string.

But hopefully its a one week thing. I would like to see our starting O-Line play together once!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The issues with Keim continue to grow. I totally agree with your take. Cunningham would be starting if he wasnt traded for a bag of pretzels and a used g-string.

But hopefully its a one week thing. I would like to see our starting O-Line play together once!
I thought they declined the used G-string in exchange for more pretzels...KEIM TIME!! YEAH!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Come on how is this Keim's fault?

We got him for a 6th. That is good value if he plays even 6 games.

We only have 2 picks in the top 2 rounds - the first one had to be murray, the second to get Murphy makes perfect sense. So I don't know how you expected him to get another non injury prone tackle when there is a huge shortage of them.

Did you want him to trade for Tunsil and give up what Houston did? I don't think so.
I dunno, actually have a backup to an injury prone player with a modicum of experience?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

so, they're literally grabbing a guy off the street to start at RT? I think bellyaching is warranted in that case, Jeff.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on how is this Keim's fault?

We got him for a 6th. That is good value if he plays even 6 games.

We only have 2 picks in the top 2 rounds - the first one had to be murray, the second to get Murphy makes perfect sense. So I don't know how you expected him to get another non injury prone tackle when there is a huge shortage of them.

Did you want him to trade for Tunsil and give up what Houston did? I don't think so.

i'm sorry, but if the above is actually Keim's thinking, he's a bigger idiot than i even thought. That means he's dedicating not just a 6th round pick, but a 6th round pick and 5 million dollars. If he thinks GOOD value for 5 million and an asset is 6 freaking games, with NO PLAN once the guy does inevitably get injured, he's more trashed than his dumb fat, drunk ass was the night he got an extreme DUI on the 4th Of July.

I mean... people are STILL MAKING EXCUSES FOR THIS CRAP?! The guy missed 20 GAMES the last two years. Allocating assets AND 5 million dollars to that guy is planning to fail, period.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, actually have a backup to an injury prone player with a modicum of experience?

come on! the guy we just picked up off the street 3 days ago is supposed to be not so bad according Gambo. And the other guy was in the Army!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the Cardinals are playing well, you grow a set & stay for the entire game. I've been a fan since like 1964 & have only seen us win 3 games live. It doesn't happen enough with this team to miss. Family fences can be mended. Buy your nephew a Murray jersey & he'll take that over you being present for his party:cool:
I found an a way out of it, and it wasn't as difficult to get out of it as I thought it would be.
So I will be able to watch the game today.:band:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No sir, Couch left after the outback Bowl game against Penn. St in 98. Dusty Bonner took over at QB for Kentucky in 99.

If you look at points scored under Bonner that season, it was nowhere near as good as it was under Couch. So, I'm not nearly impressed with Pasqualoni's claim that he schemed successfully against UK's air raid. Those were essentially two .500 teams playing a meaningless game. Syracuse wasn't the only team that slowed down Bonner. Exactly why UK went in another direction at QB, & Bonner transferred.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson