Joshua Miles

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At the start of TC I thought of him as a guy who would end up on the PS. But recently I've read that he's making improvements and might end up on the "53" as a backup tackle. My question is, does he have talent or is just a case of, "In the land of the blind, the one eyed rule?"

As for the MN game, this will be the first game in a long time where the five starting (if Shipley has won the center job) OL guys are on the field. A good test for them.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m afraid the one-eyed wonder applies at this point. Odhiambo has been terrible. At this point Cunningham looks better on the right. So, Miles is getting used. He’s extremely raw. I’ve been to Morgan State and it definitely has the typical issues small programs have. They don’t have a multi-million dollar training facility. They do have better coaching than you might expect at that level. So you end up with a partially prepared product.

Miles big drawback is power. He didn’t lift at the combine or the Ravens’ Pro Day he attended. In game action he had issues with both anchoring and drive blocking. He uses his hands poorly so he loses contact too early with his target.

However he’s a decent athlete with a good attitude. He could develop somewhat but it will take time. The Cards need to get a more functional backup now. BTW I’ve seen Cole’s name tossed out. He did play some tackle in college but his play at center last year showed he also lacked the power to play tackle.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m afraid the one-eyed wonder applies at this point. Odhiambo has been terrible. At this point Cunningham looks better on the right. So, Miles is getting used. He’s extremely raw. I’ve been to Morgan State and it definitely has the typical issues small programs have. They don’t have a multi-million dollar training facility. They do have better coaching than you might expect at that level. So you end up with a partially prepared product.

Miles big drawback is power. He didn’t lift at the combine or the Ravens’ Pro Day he attended. In game action he had issues with both anchoring and drive blocking. He uses his hands poorly so he loses contact too early with his target.

However he’s a decent athlete with a good attitude. He could develop somewhat but it will take time. The Cards need to get a more functional backup now. BTW I’ve seen Cole’s name tossed out. He did play some tackle in college but his play at center last year showed he also lacked the power to play tackle.
Just going off of Combine and YouTube highlights, he looks explosive (had a 36" vertical at Combine) and nasty (looked dominating against college competition due to size). But I agree Harry, right now when you are looking for an upgrade for starting and back up LT, anyone not named Humphries looks enticing. I wish WAS would get desperate and deal Williams on the cheap to get rid of him and give themselves some cap relief, hell I would even send Humphries back in trade. Trade for Williams and sign Barksdale to compete / back up Gilbert. Otherwise, we are looking for our starting OT's again next offseason which we will definitely be in Andrew Thomas / Walker Little position.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just going off of Combine and YouTube highlights, he looks explosive (had a 36" vertical at Combine) and nasty (looked dominating against college competition due to size). But I agree Harry, right now when you are looking for an upgrade for starting and back up LT, anyone not named Humphries looks enticing. I wish WAS would get desperate and deal Williams on the cheap to get rid of him and give themselves some cap relief, hell I would even send Humphries back in trade. Trade for Williams and sign Barksdale to compete / back up Gilbert. Otherwise, we are looking for our starting OT's again next offseason which we will definitely be in Andrew Thomas / Walker Little position.
I agree on Barksdale. I never understood not retaining him. Can’t figure how to fit Williams under the cap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree on Barksdale. I never understood not retaining him. Can’t figure how to fit Williams under the cap.
You have to extend Williams in order to get him to fit from what I can see. You can also restructure someone to open it up if necessary. If I was Keim, Trent Williams is the move I would make. That being said, apparently the Redskins turned down a Pats 1st rounder for him. I would not offer a first unless it was swapping firsts.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we were to trade for Williams, we'd have to include DJ Humphries, if for no other reason than CAP money. I'd hate to give up a first (plus DJ) for him. Now if we could get him for a second than maybe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson