Woj: Anthony Davis to Lakers

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I don't see how the Lakers are the favorites for the title next year. Both Lebron and Davis missed the playoffs on their own this last season but those 2 joining forces and losing a number of quality teammates they had is supposed to make them favorites? Ok.

As far as the whole "They have 2 top 10 players now" argument, the Thunder have 2 top 10 talent also with Westbrook and Paul George and they can't get out of the 1st round. Yes, Lebron and Davis are different then George and Westbrook but 2 top players don't guarantee anything. It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being the Dwight Howard trade 2.0 in a way.

Who has a better shot? Warriors don’t have the depth to make up for klay and Durant. Rockets are prob losing Paul and Capella. OKC is still OKC and then you have teams like the clippers and Nuggets.

Tomorrow I’m putting money on the clips to win the west. I think the probablilty of them getting Leonard is around 90% esp after the GSW injuries. I think doc is still the best coach in the league and they have room for a second max contract after Leonard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who has a better shot? Warriors don’t have the depth to make up for klay and Durant. Rockets are prob losing Paul and Capella. OKC is still OKC and then you have teams like the clippers and Nuggets.

Tomorrow I’m putting money on the clips to win the west. I think the probablilty of them getting Leonard is around 90% esp after the GSW injuries. I think doc is still the best coach in the league and they have room for a second max contract after Leonard.

The Nuggets gained valuable experience this year and should be improved next season. Houston should continue to be a threat so long as Harden is still there and playing. Portland will be better with Nurkic back and healthy. San Antonio will be improved also by getting Dejounte Murray back. And I wouldn't count Golden State out of it completely yet. Klay should return in times for next years playoffs. Curry and Draymond should get them to the playoffs on their own.

That is Denver, Houston, Portland, San Antonio, and Golden State as teams I think stand a better chance of making a deep playoff run than the Lakers. I'd put the Lakers around the Clippers level, if the Clippers don't add anyone, which is #6 or #7 seed, maybe even #8. That's a bottom tiered playoff team that can pull off an upset or two but anymore than that requires another big acquisition and I'm not sure there is a free agent that's eager to be the 3rd wheel in LA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lavar Ball weighing in on the trade. I hope he is right!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The Nuggets gained valuable experience this year and should be improved next season. Houston should continue to be a threat so long as Harden is still there and playing. Portland will be better with Nurkic back and healthy. San Antonio will be improved also by getting Dejounte Murray back. And I wouldn't count Golden State out of it completely yet. Klay should return in times for next years playoffs. Curry and Draymond should get them to the playoffs on their own.

That is Denver, Houston, Portland, San Antonio, and Golden State as teams I think stand a better chance of making a deep playoff run than the Lakers. I'd put the Lakers around the Clippers level, if the Clippers don't add anyone, which is #6 or #7 seed, maybe even #8. That's a bottom tiered playoff team that can pull off an upset or two but anymore than that requires another big acquisition and I'm not sure there is a free agent that's eager to be the 3rd wheel in LA.

I feel you are severely overvaluing the nuggets and SA while really undertaking the lakers. There’s a reason Cesar’s had them as a favorite before the trade and now they are 7-2 favorites. If they add Kemba they will drop to 2-1 favorites.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well Einstein how are the Suns going to get cap space to make a run at DeAngelo and Randle. Also to match Oubre, you dump JJ and Warren they are not needed, Suns have to many wings.
More likely you dump those two guys and end up signing neither . . . Galileo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't see how the Lakers are the favorites for the title next year. Both Lebron and Davis missed the playoffs on their own this last season but those 2 joining forces and losing a number of quality teammates they had is supposed to make them favorites? Ok.

As far as the whole "They have 2 top 10 players now" argument, the Thunder have 2 top 10 talent also with Westbrook and Paul George and they can't get out of the 1st round. Yes, Lebron and Davis are different then George and Westbrook but 2 top players don't guarantee anything. It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being the Dwight Howard trade 2.0 in a way.
Davis is no Howard.

But okay, those of you willing to undersell what this lakers team is going to be are going to be equally frustrated with their success as you’ll likely be with us not signing any FAs. If I sound like doom and gloom it’s bc . . . well, history.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kuzma is a good young player but he's a PF and at Lebron's age that is where he should be playing. Davis also prefers to play PF. So their 3 best players all play the same position, or are best at the same position.

Kuzma was there last year also, what did he help them do?

There is no guarantee they land another star and who would they be after anyway? There are stars available but someone will need to be fine with being the 3rd guy behind Davis and Lebron. They'll get paid well but their fit is questionable also, depending on who it is.

I wouldn't be so quick to crown the Lakers. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the Pelicans end up better than the Lakers next year.
:rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lavar Ball weighing in on the trade. I hope he is right!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Lol so now suns fans love lavar . . . let that sink in. That’s who shares y’alls (not you specifically Mainstreet) opinions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s exactly what it is. A little confounded that Ouchie isn’t following that same train of thought.
I get it. But I think a lot of you would do that counting on the proverbial “other shoe to drop” that a lot on this board expect every time that literally has NEVER come to fruition. So the entire exercise is pointless in the first place to me.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
More likely you dump those two guys and end up signing neither . . . Galileo.[/QUOTE

So you just wanna run next years squad back With the 6th pick and call it good, Stephen Hawkin?

Your over valuing those scrubs hard, JJ needs to be moved and Warren is a malcontent who doesn't fit, clear cap space do whatever to rid the Suns of those scrubs. The wing logjam needs to go.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davis is no Howard.

But okay, those of you willing to undersell what this lakers team is going to be are going to be equally frustrated with their success as you’ll likely be with us not signing any FAs. If I sound like doom and gloom it’s bc . . . well, history.

You could be right but for several years now we've been hearing that every FA was going to sign there and they'd dominate the league once again. Maybe this time it will happen but I don't think Lebron and Davis are enough. If they can sign someone of Kemba's stature, I'd put them as a league favorite but until that happens I think they'll have depth problems. And their cupboard is bare in the future so they will have to depend on signing's.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Davis is no Howard.

I think you can make the case Howard before the back injury was more of a force than Davis. People really forget how special he was in Orlando before he messed up his back and went to LA. Took them to the finals, 3x defensive player of the year. Led the NBA in rebounding 5x.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Davis is no Howard.

Only way it turns into the Dwight catastrophe is if Rich Paul is also the coach. Lakers are going to be really good and Lebron is coming off the embarrassment of missing the playoffs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And that would cause me to lose it even more. Jackson and Culver are the same player, only Jackson is bigger, better and more athletic.

Yes, Jackson is the better athlete, but he is also an idiot.

Richard dumas was an even better athlete. Most of the time you can’t fix stupid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, Neil deGrasse Tyson, I’m not content to go into next year with the same. I’m realistic. So I’m not a fan of getting rid of assets for pipe dreams.

As for warren - he’s a weird cat, but the malcontent story is waaay overblown and based entirely on conjecture.

And I get it, you don’t believe in JJ’s potential. But his value is at its lowest. Brilliant move trading him for pennies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You could be right but for several years now we've been hearing that every FA was going to sign there and they'd dominate the league once again. Maybe this time it will happen but I don't think Lebron and Davis are enough. If they can sign someone of Kemba's stature, I'd put them as a league favorite but until that happens I think they'll have depth problems. And their cupboard is bare in the future so they will have to depend on signing's.
Lol you say that like it hasn’t happened. Lebron freaking James signed there LAST OFFSEASON. And Davis forced his way there THIS OFFSEASON. What exactly are you claiming isn’t working in attracting top talent? I wish the suns were that bad at attracting top talent. Sheesh.