2019 3rd round pick is Zach Allen DE

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Better value elsewhere, plus bigger needs

Respectfully Disagree. No bigger need than OL. I can even stretch this to say if we had half way decent OL Rosen would have had been more successful and we would have gotten more value than this awful trade

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL draft profile: Zach Allen

BC's Zach Allen is a good run-defender who locates the ball and disengages in time to pursue and converts speed to power as a pass-rusher.

Pre-Draft Analysis
As a run-defender, Allen gets into the lineman's pads, uses his long arms to lock out, locates the ball and disengages in time to pursue. He's more quick than fast and converts speed to power as a pass-rusher. He's a scheme-versatile defensive end with the potential to play LDE in a base four-man front and 5-technique in a base three-man front.

Post-Draft Analysis
The Cardinals were expected to bolster the defensive line in this draft, especially with Robert Nkemdiche tearing his ACL in December. Allen is a perfect fit at defensive end in Vance Joseph's base 3-4 defense and has the potential to develop into an effective interior pass-rusher who kicks inside in Joseph's sub-packages. -- Steve Muench

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gunter, Peters, Philon, Nkemdiche.

I do not see the glaring need. If they were going to pick a defensive linemen, not sure this is the right guy, or fit, but then again I have been COMPLETELY off the mark with the defensive line all offseason.

2019 Cardinals draft. Getting rid of Keim’s past draft mistakes (Nkemdiche)

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like this pick. Seems like a hard worker with some athleticism and a lot of love for the game. He isn't flashy, but he appears to have a high floor, and we can't keep busting on these mid-round picks. I would much rather have a good chance of a double than a small chance for a homerun right now.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gunter, Peters, Philon, Nkemdiche.

I do not see the glaring need. If they were going to pick a defensive linemen, not sure this is the right guy, or fit, but then again I have been COMPLETELY off the mark with the defensive line all offseason.

Nkemdiche canrt be counted on and may not be ready to play till after week 10

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
the only issue with this pick is that it doesn't upgrade our 32nd ranked OL.

Yes....but there are more bodies on the OL than DL.

If Humphries and Gilbert stay healthy (big if) than the Cardinals are good at Tackle. The interior should be better with Sweezy. Cunningham was respectable at tackle. There are what? 19 OL?

The Cardinals might take developmental guys later have rely on Kugler to coach them up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson