Fitz needs 23 catches to be #2 on the NFL's all time receptions list

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
My prediction: If Larry gets over 90 receptions this season, he will sign for two more years to chase down Jerry Rice.

You must be registered for see images attach

The other Rice record that is reachable in 3 years....consecutive games with a reception.

Rice 274
Larry 227.

3 seasons at 16 games each would mean it would be the last game of that season where he could break the record. Make that a home game and that could be a dream scenario where he could add the all-time receptions record in the same game as well.

THAT would be a great way to end on a high note. For the regular season at least.
There would of course have to be the playoff run to a Super Bowl win after that as well.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Considering half of his seasons featured mediocre at best QB play, it’s an amazing accomplishment. I’d love to see him play just shy of 40, with one team his entire career, and catch Rice. Rice had a very different skill set than Larry, but a case could be made for Larry the GOAT. I’m willing to bet Larry would be within 60-100 catches if he was afforded the QB play rice was.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder how the overall pass attempts to each compare?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Good question. But pass attempts or targets? Maybe QB rating for each season, and drop rate of each receiver.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I meant pass attempt comparison to each receiver which probably is called targets in the stat world. I don’t know really - not that in tune to these things but thought the comparison would be interesting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson