Cardinal Press Conference

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m not sure this is fair:

“I want to start out by saying I take full responsibility for what you saw out there tonight,” Wilks said during his postgame news conference at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. “It was unacceptable. Not even close.”

“We’ve got to do a much better job and like I said, it all starts with me.”

Why isn't it fair? Blown assignments and bad scheme are all on the HC...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I wonder what Wilks plan moving forward looked like. Whatever it was it obviously was not convincing.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I hope the press corp follows up on this comments by asking:

"About what aspects of the Wilks' 2019 weren't you confident in? Why weren't you confident? How might that translate re your new coaching hire?

They asked, he declined to answer

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder what Wilks plan moving forward looked like. Whatever it was it obviously was not convincing.

Probably said “the game plan is fine the players just need to execute and also we will continue with 4-3”

OP
OP
Mr.Dibbs

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
One of the biggest things I am taking away from that is it is going to take genuine leaks as to who the Cardinals are interviewing, the organization isn't going to announce anything.

It's going to be interesting this off season. If they truly want to win now (which they do or why fire the coach) who do they bring in as a coach and how do they use the cap room and draft. If anything maybe they'll be a bit more focused and stay away from people who are prone to injury. Also, some past draft picks seemed more novel or arrogant (Brandon Williams, Marquis Christian, receivers not named Brown or Kirk) than practical.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
List of whom was hired last year

• Mike Vrabel, Tennessee. ...
  • Pat Shurmur, New York Giants. ...
  • Matt Patricia, Detroit. ...
  • Steve Wilks, Arizona. ...
  • Jon Gruden, Oakland. ...
  • Matt Nagy, Chicago. ...
  • Frank Reich, Indianapolis.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Today I saw what I thought I would never see with this Cardinals organization.

The questions were sharp so Bidwill and Keim cutoff the press conference. What a bunch of pansies. Shame on both of you. Shame.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This was the issue with Wilks...he didn't know how to adjust. I'm not shocked that Bidwill was not sold on his plan moving forward, because it was probably to continue on the same path. Wilks kept saying that he was looking for answers as the season progressed, and it is not shocking that he never found any.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Better not be Jeff Fisher :hammer:

I would also say it better not be Rex Ryan (good DC, bad HC), Bill Cowher (away from coaching too long), Mike McCarthy (predictable, unimaginative offense, and mediocre success level with one of the best QBs ever), Mike Shanahan (too old, too set in his ways), Bowles (See Ryan, Rex), Marvin Lewis (see Shanahan, Mike).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting this off season. If they truly want to win now (which they do or why fire the coach) who do they bring in as a coach and how do they use the cap room and draft. If anything maybe they'll be a bit more focused and stay away from people who are prone to injury. Also, some past draft picks seemed more novel or arrogant (Brandon Williams, Marquis Christian, receivers not named Brown or Kirk) than practical.

John Brown was out of Pittsburg St. People (including me) weren't thrilled with his selection in the third round.

Marqui Christian continues to be a core special teamer for the Rams.

I don't mind making unconventional choices with this mid- and late-round picks. It's not like we've gotten far with Michael Floyd, Kevin Minter and D.J. Humphries, either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson