Justification - Wilks

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Does it ever occur to fans that P2 makes it look easy like Roger Federer?

Yesterday, I noticed PP21 tackled exactly like Roger Federer.

If he doesn't learn/force himself to start making tackles, does that make him a benefit or a detriment ?
Or do they (coverage and tackling) cancel out and any competent journeyman CB would be just as good overall in the course of a game ?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bruce Arians and his staff won 8 games with a (potentially) worse group than this. The personnel is very bad right now, but it wasn't this bad in Week 1. I'm sure that's the argument that Keim will make at his performance review.

Agree. I think the 2017 staff could win 8-9 games with this group. There are still some very solid pieces on this team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

If he doesn't learn/force himself to start making tackles, does that make him a benefit or a detriment ?
Or do they (coverage and tackling) cancel out and any competent journeyman CB would be just as good overall in the course of a game ?

In no form or fashion is PP21 a detriment to this team. If so, there are 31 other teams who’d love that detriment.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I meant CB position is as natural to P2 as Roger Federer makes tennis look.

P2 will be gone next year and when Cards find that good tackling all effort journey man CB, fans will then know the value of P2. Until then there is no convincing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Don't agree on Peters, Boston (street FA), Gunter, Mayowa, Rosen (at this point), and certainly not Gresham.

Another way to look at this is how many difference makers (stars) are on our team? I count 3 for sure (Peterson, Jones, and DJ). Baker is an up and comer and Fitz is past his prime.

Most successful teams have that difference maker at QB that elevates others...we don't have that yet.
I would encourage you to scan some rosters around the NFL. Rodney Gunter plays on a bunch of rosters in this league. Corey Peters starts for good teams. Gresham is miles better than the trash that is Dallas TE.

Our roster has NFL level players on it. Our staff just does very little to scheme into situations to be successful.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To relocate our mojo, we should ask ourselves: "In what few situations did the team do good" and "How do we build on those things?"

What this will do is combine talent with technique to determine who'll form the core of our roster. It will also place renewed focus on teaching to improve fundamental football.

At the coaching level, I hope we'll hire guys who know what they're doing - especially how to fix things when they're broke when things go south.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I actually feel bad for Wilks today. I think M. Bidwill should let Wilks go out of dignity today.
I feel zero sympathy for him, he was too hard headed to make even the simplest adjustment whatsoever at any point during the season.

He made his own bed & misery with total ineptitude

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson