The big play of the game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even in a horrible season where I'm almost wanting losses for a draft pick you gotta love that play. 3rd and 23, protection breaks down, Josh rolls right something he doesn't do well, and puts it just past the diving defender and Fitz makes an incredible catch to keep the winning drive going.

That was just playground football at it's best, make a play when your team needed it

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Even in a horrible season where I'm almost wanting losses for a draft pick you gotta love that play. 3rd and 23, protection breaks down, Josh rolls right something he doesn't do well, and puts it just past the diving defender and Fitz makes an incredible catch to keep the winning drive going.

That was just playground football at it's best, make a play when your team needed it

Rosen makes some very good plays and some very bad plays, but you can’t question his guts, poise, and unflappability. He plays like a Rookie but acts like a veteran. Just got to keep him upright and I think he will be fine.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen makes some very good plays and some very bad plays, but you can’t question his guts, poise, and unflappability. He plays like a Rookie but acts like a veteran. Just got to keep him upright and I think he will be fine.
I know they are two totally different players but Rosen reminds me of Jake with his fire and passion. Plummer would mess up every other game but he would also do something spectacular.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen has better accuracy on the long ball than short ball. Don't know if a QB ever was that way in NFL before.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Rosen has better accuracy on the long ball than short ball. Don't know if a QB ever was that way in NFL before.

It’s amazzing that he can thread the needle down the field and miss open guys 5 yards away. But it’s easier to fix the latter through coaching. He will figure it out. I think he was pressured almost 30 times today. Hopefully Kirk is ok. He is our future

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s amazzing that he can thread the needle down the field and miss open guys 5 yards away. But it’s easier to fix the latter through coaching. He will figure it out. I think he was pressured almost 30 times today. Hopefully Kirk is ok. He is our future
That is footwork.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Easier to fix. I was thrilled to hear the announcers say that Larry is calling him out on bad habits

Mayfield is clearly better right now but he's 23, Josh and Darnold are both 21. Darnold only played 2 years on the field in college, josh had a different coach every year. Mayfield threw 300 plus more passes in college than Josh, an entire season, probably 600 more than Darnold I dind't look it up.

He may wind up better than both of them too, I have no idea, but its' not a surprise he's ahead of them both now.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Great throw that followed probably the worst throw of his career which was luckily dropped for an INT.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

+1.

Just so Josh is limited to three scrambles a game and promises on his pet goat's grave to slide "feet first" out of harm's way every time - no exceptions.

Reaction score
My play of the game was when the Packers had either a 2nd 1 or a 3rd and 1 in the 3rd quarter and did that deep pitch witch lost them 3 yards.
Game changer! They hadn't run against us all game

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I have complete faith that Rosen will be a great QB, as long as the Cardinals build an offense line that can give him a reasonable amount of protection.

When he has had time to throw, he's been very, very good.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I have complete faith that Rosen will be a great QB, as long as the Cardinals build an offense line that can give him a reasonable amount of protection.

When he has time to throw, he's been very, very good.

Thank you. Some people are quick to trash him. Just needs to be kept healthy and coached. We also need another receiver. Hopefully Kirk is OK. Hopefully we win two more games and draft N’Keal Harry

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Fitz's catch... hands down... that was it (although a close second was the last FG ... Dawson would have missed) ... Rosen put that ball where only Fitz could get to it (and he had to work to get to it).. and Fitz is on of the elite that can make that catch... I want him back ... all the 'he's slower, he's not worth it' crew can go to hell... he is still one of the top WRs in football...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's what I LOVE about that play more than anything else. At the end of close games, GREAT QBs almost ALWAYS seem to make teams pay when they drop what should be an EASY pick. And it's because those QBs are good enough to wipe away whatever play or game they've had up to that point and always focus on making the next play count.

It was exactly what I thought to myself when the Packers dropped that pick on the play right before 3rd and 23... that if that was Rodgers back there, all I'd be thinking was "YOU CAN'T DROP THAT BECAUSE HE'LL MAKE YOU PAY!"

And that's exactly what Josh did... he made them pay on the next play.

Not only that, but do you guys realize how AWFUL 1st and 2nd down were prior to that play? We had just let the Packers tie the game up, all momentum was sucked out of our sails. Then, on 1st down, Josh got pummeled on a sack. 2nd down, he dropped the freaking snap and had to run like a crazy man before almost throwing that pick. Then, on third down, we got a delay of freaking game penalty! I mean, they literally couldn't have been worse on those first three downs if they tried.

But Josh put all that behind him, broke the pocket at the perfect time and delivered a ball on the run where only Legend could catch and Legend caught it. I mean, that catch was sick, but it was a pretty well thrown ball cuz Fitz was covered like a bed.

They HAVE to get an O-line and some more freaking talent around that kid. Every game that's been close in the fourth (sans KC) Josh has had a drive deep in the fourth that either took back the lead, or put us in position to (thank you Dawson for your Seattle miss). He's got late game goods. If that's the only thing we know about him this year, with this coaching staff and lack of talent, I'll take it and look forward to his progression next season!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great throw that followed probably the worst throw of his career which was luckily dropped for an INT.

Wasn't that almost INT before the 33 yarder to Fitz?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yup... which is something the great ones seemingly always do. We've all seen the games where Montana, Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Brady have almost thrown AWFUL picks and the second that ball is dropped, you just know there's a great shot they're going to make you pay for it.

that's the play Josh made today.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That play was great as was his long run. That type of run usually happens against us. I was loving it when he turned up field instead of sliding.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This game is why I think you can go all in on Rosen. There are special plays being made every week but he is also getting some bad habits because of coaching and the line. If you clean that up, I think you easily have a top 16 QB.

That is why I think it would be smart to go get Rosen an offensive oriented head coach right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson