McCarthy will be available. Anyone interested?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCarthy will be fired at the end of the season. Although he's not a great coach, he's the type of offensive mind that I like as a HC. He's still way better than what we currently have. If we fire Keim/Wilks, I'm sure that any GM that we bring in would have McCarthy on his list.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kind of lump McCarthy in the Andy Reid camp of coaches. Let's not forget how stale things got for Reid in Philly. He had a few ugly seasons at the end & Philly fans were chanting his name throughout games. He hasn't won SB's in KC, but with a QB now, he may. McNabb was vastly overrated, otherwise I think he would have won one in Philly. McCarthy makes mistakes no doubt, but I think he could really help Rosen blossom into a special QB. And he has won 1 SB. He's still relatively young, and I think he'll have a chip on his shoulders when he leaves GB.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am all for it.

Bill Walsh said coaches have a 10 year shelf life for a team.

Mike McCarthy has been in Green Bay too long, and the message got stale.

I will learn from the mistake I made with Andy Reid when he became available. Being in the Philly area, I was 100% sure Reid was done, but again, he just hit his shelf life.

Mike McCarthy has proven to be a good coach, and a good coach under the restraints of a Green Bay front office that does diddly squat during the offseason, which is an archaic practice in today's NFL.

If Mike McCarthy becomes available I hope the Cardinals get him. It would be great for Josh Rosen and this team, IMHO.

McCarthy as head coach, and see if Bowles would come back to be defensive coordinator, and I would have more confidence in this team.

Add a new GM, and there is some hope whereas right now I see a dark, stale, bottomless pit.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If McCarthy gets fired and I were Bidwill, I would be flying up to Green Bay with a contract for Mike McCarthy to sign. It would be the best thing for Rosen.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible choice. No. Unequivocally.

Running a prehistoric offense. Just sends A R out to make magic with a helter skelter performance. Doing his best to destroy Aaron Rodgers. Last night's game was a best case example. 4th and 2, 4 minutes left in game, Packers down by 3 points, against one of the best clock killing offenses and M M punts. Packers never get the ball back. On top of that he would bring that walking turd Joe Philbin with him.

He is snatching wins and S Bs away from the best QB in the game. He would destroy Josh.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Horrible choice. No. Unequivocally.

Running a prehistoric offense. Just sends A R out to make magic with a helter skelter performance. Doing his best to destroy Aaron Rodgers. Last night's game was a best case example. 4th and 2, 4 minutes left in game, Packers down by 3 points, against one of the best clock killing offenses and M M punts. Packers never get the ball back. On top of that he would bring that walking turd Joe Philbin with him.

He and injuries are snatching wins and S Bs away from the best QB in the game. He would destroy Josh.
FTFY.:)
Aaron hasn't been healthy the past two seasons.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FTFY.:)
Aaron hasn't been healthy the past two seasons.
Why has he been injured? The McCarthy / Ted Thompson combo have done the least possible to provide him with the supporting cast to keep him upright and healthy.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. Absolutely no.

McCarthy is nothing like Reid. Reid was successful with McNabb for several years, McCarthy has been less successful with a HOF QB. Although they both suck at time management, so if that is what you meant, I apologize.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why has he been injured? The McCarthy / Ted Thompson combo have done the least possible to provide him with the supporting cast to keep him upright and healthy.
Agreed.
They have also done a poor job at developing/mentoring a backup qb in case Rogers gets hurt.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No to McCarty. With a decent Coach Rodgers should have been in at least 5 NFC Championship games and have 2 rings.

For me he looks like done ... but... he is better than wilkes.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God no.

He's part of the problem in GB they have wasted Rodgers. Offensive mind? Lol yeah no more like right guy right time

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy (GB)
Wins - 125
Losses - 75
Ties - 2
Win Pct. - .624
Playoff wins - 10
Playoff Losses - 8
Super Bowl wins - 1

Sean Payton (NO)
Wins - 113
Losses - 72
Ties - 0
Win Pct. - .611
Playoff wins - 7
Playoff Losses - 5
Super Bowl wins - 1

Mike Tomlin (Pitt)
Wins - 122
Losses - 62
Ties - 1
Win Pct. - .662
Playoff wins - 8
Playoff Losses - 7
Super Bowl wins - 1

Andy Reid (Philly and KC)
Wins - 191
Losses - 121
Ties - 1
Win Pct. - .613
Playoff wins - 11
Playoff Losses - 13
Super Bowl wins - 0

Bill Belichick (Cleve. and NE)
Wins - 257
Losses - 121
Ties - 0
Win Pct. - .680
Playoff wins - 28
Playoff Losses - 11
Super Bowl wins - 5

John Harbaugh (Balt)
Wins - 98
Losses - 71
Ties - 0
Win Pct. - .580
Playoff wins - 10
Playoff Losses - 5
Super Bowl wins - 1

And since some people still love this guy:
Bruce Arians (AZ)
Wins - 49
Losses - 30
Ties - 1
Win Pct. - .619
Playoff wins - 1
Playoff Losses - 2
Super Bowl wins - 0

All these stats are through last week's games. Someone tell me what's so bad about McCarthy? I think one needs to look at his entire body of work. Every one of these coaches have screwed up games and mismanaged them.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah why would we want a very successful head coach who does nothing but get his team to the playoffs every year. One who has the 3rd best win percentage.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I have hilarious Mike McCarthy story from about 1 1/2 years ago that I will type tomorrow when I’m at a computer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah why would we want a very successful head coach who does nothing but get his team to the playoffs every year. One who has the 3rd best win percentage.

Im guessing Aaron Rodgers has a little to do with that. Just a little

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy (GB)
Wins - 125
Losses - 75
Ties - 2
Win Pct. - .624
Playoff wins - 10
Playoff Losses - 8
Super Bowl wins - 1

Sean Payton (NO)
Wins - 113
Losses - 72
Ties - 0
Win Pct. - .611
Playoff wins - 7
Playoff Losses - 5
Super Bowl wins - 1

Mike Tomlin (Pitt)
Wins - 122
Losses - 62
Ties - 1
Win Pct. - .662
Playoff wins - 8
Playoff Losses - 7
Super Bowl wins - 1

Andy Reid (Philly and KC)
Wins - 191
Losses - 121
Ties - 1
Win Pct. - .613
Playoff wins - 11
Playoff Losses - 13
Super Bowl wins - 0

Bill Belichick (Cleve. and NE)
Wins - 257
Losses - 121
Ties - 0
Win Pct. - .680
Playoff wins - 28
Playoff Losses - 11
Super Bowl wins - 5

John Harbaugh (Balt)
Wins - 98
Losses - 71
Ties - 0
Win Pct. - .580
Playoff wins - 10
Playoff Losses - 5
Super Bowl wins - 1

And since some people still love this guy:
Bruce Arians (AZ)
Wins - 49
Losses - 30
Ties - 1
Win Pct. - .619
Playoff wins - 1
Playoff Losses - 2
Super Bowl wins - 0

All these stats are through last week's games. Someone tell me what's so bad about McCarthy? I think one needs to look at his entire body of work. Every one of these coaches have screwed up games and mismanaged them.

I see

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Bree's
Big Ben
Tom Brady

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson