Gentry to the Pelicans

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Without a doubt. Gentry has that special gift in which NBA players respect and like to play for him.

Gentry does not like losing, and he wears that on his sleeve after awhile... but that's a good to trait (at least in my eyes).

Pellies just got better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Alvin Gentry. I like the man. I'm glad he is getting another opportunity to be a head coach in the NBA although he has a losing record as head coach in 12 season in the NBA. I'm just wondering if he should get credit for coaching a talented Suns team for one season.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
12 seasons as a head coach, .500 or better only 4 times, and only 2 times in the playoffs.

Maybe a nice guy but really?

I don't get it.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
12 seasons as a head coach, .500 or better only 4 times, and only 2 times in the playoffs.

Maybe a nice guy but really?

I don't get it.

Only had a losing record with the Clippers. Ironically his starting PG in Detroit was Lindsey Hunter.

I always wonder what would've happened if Amare didn't hurt his eye in 09' right after Gentry took over for Porter.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only had a losing record with the Clippers. Ironically his starting PG in Detroit was Lindsey Hunter.

I always wonder what would've happened if Amare didn't hurt his eye in 09' right after Gentry took over for Porter.

I forget about that run. They went on a tear between Porter getting canned and Amare's injury, it was only a few games but they were blowing everyone out of the water.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentry is not a terrible coach like some made him out to be while he was the head coach.
Unbelievable season when they swept the Spurs and advanced to conference finals

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gentry is not a terrible coach like some made him out to be while he was the head coach.
Unbelievable season when they swept the Spurs and advanced to conference finals

Nope. But Lindsay Hunter is poison.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson