Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Adjustment Bureau

Release Date: March 4, 2011
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: George Nolfi
Screenwriter: George Nolfi
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for brief strong language, some sexuality and a violent image)

Starring: Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, Anthony Mackie, John Slattery, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Michael Kelly, Terence Stamp

Plot Summary: Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Matt Damon stars in the thriller "The Adjustment Bureau" as a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he's ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York.

On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt)--a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart.

David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself--the men of The Adjustment Bureau--who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path...or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her.

"The Adjustment Bureau" is based on a short story by Philip K. Dick ("Total Recall," "Minority Report" and "Blade Runner").

You must be registered for see images attach

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks really good. I think Damon has made some really nice film choices.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll admit the trailers for this look really good. I hope the movie can live up to those. I've never heard of this director though.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Emily Blunt.

I would like to see this, it looks interesting.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched it last night - it was good. better than i was expecting actually.

shawn

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all. Sort of hard to put this into a bucket. It's sci-fi with religious overtones surrounded with a love story. It had less action and more story then I anticipated.

Wife really liked it and I enjoyed it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was original and fresh. I liked it!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It was original and fresh. I liked it!

I agree it was one of the more original films I've seen in a while. I liked it, although the people that I saw it with did not... Go figure.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Very good movie. Damon has really turned in to a solid actor. When you see his name in a movie you can pretty much be sure it will be an entertaining movie.

Ghraxx

Reaction score
Matt Damon usually makes good film choices, the fact that it has him, count me in!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I really wanted to like this. I love both Matt Damon & Emily Blunt, and their chemistry was pretty astounding in this movie. I even love the conceptual idea the movie is based off of. Yet, somehow, somewhere along the way I grew completely apathetic watching this movie.

Two things that turned me off were the religious overtones and the fact that it was a romance movie at its heart.

I guess I was expecting something more similar to Inception in tone and this wasn't it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to like this. Cast did the best they could. The story was just a bit hokey. Take a few more months and close some of the plots holes.

I was decent in terms of a 1970's sci fi tv movie. Okay movie to rent. :)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I wanted to like this. Cast did the best they could. The story was just a bit hokey. Take a few more months and close some of the plots holes.

I was decent in terms of a 1970's sci fi tv movie. Okay movie to rent. :)

I like the story a lot. They gave you enough info to tell you what was going on and left the rest for you to fill in. I was a little surprised by the love story though, I was was ready for more of a sci-fi flick. It definitely was no Inception.

The score stood out. Sometimes for me that makes quite a difference for a film.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was just enough sc-fi for me and just enough love story for the wife. I guess that's why we both liked it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson