Real Draft Gem

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I was reading a draft site today where they post fans' mocks and this guy realdraftgem and his 4 round mock caught my interest...

Here are his picks for the Cardinal in the first four rounds:

1. Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

2. Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois

3. Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa

4. Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina

Your thoughts?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Christian that I would like in the third round is QB Christian Ponder. I'll take the other three.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
My thought is as bad as our defense was, our offense was worse. Need some O-Line help, TE help and potentially WR depth. Let's not even talk about QB.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was reading a draft site today where they post fans' mocks and this guy realdraftgem and his 4 round mock caught my interest...

Your thoughts?
i like it a lot mitch..you are progressing..but dont forget we have one of the worst offense in the league..the 31th in sacks allowed 32th rushing yards 31th passing yeard..so i think we have to do something there and not just a qb

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1-Miller - 2-Moffit - 3-Matthews would make my day.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Well-- after that draft, you would have a very young front seven to build around for a long time (hopefully):

Dock----Williams-----Campbell
Schofield----Wilson----Washington----Miller

of course, that assumes that Miller and Wilson can play

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like it especially after the Cards sign Mankins, Lutui, and another OL in free agency.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Well-- after that draft, you would have a very young front seven to build around for a long time (hopefully):

Dock----Williams-----Campbell
Schofield----Wilson----Washington----Miller

of course, that assumes that Miller and Wilson can play
This line-up would give the Cards the tiniest 3-4 LB group by far in the NFL.

I would like the pairing of Washington (230) and Wilson (250) but the other guys would be scary small on the outside. The average weight for a starting 3-4 OLB in the NFL this past season was in the high 250's. The Cards would be fielding two guys who struggle to be in the low 240's.

I would be okay with the Miller pick only if the Cards got someone like Matt Roth (6-4 275) in free-agency and picked up another bigger OLB during the draft like Sam Acho (6-2 257).

Add Will Davis to the group and you've got a respectable and much improved rotation. Of course you dump the two gray beards (Haggans and Porter). To Haggans you say: Thanks for everything and to Porter you say: Thanks for nothing.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
This line-up would give the Cards the tiniest 3-4 LB group by far in the NFL.

I would like the pairing of Washington (230) and Wilson (250) but the other guys would be scary small on the outside. The average weight for a starting 3-4 OLB in the NFL this past season was in the high 250's. The Cards would be fielding two guys who struggle to be in the low 240's.

Schofield played in college at 250 lbs. He was light because he was coming off of knee surgery.

No reason why he couldn't play at 255 or so

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Your thoughts?

If we do not get a QB no one we draft will make any difference.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Schofield played in college at 250 lbs. He was light because he was coming off of knee surgery.

No reason why he couldn't play at 255 or so
I knew of Schofield before and after he injured his knee at the Senior Bowl so no need for your history lesson. Every site I saw including the official Badger site had him listed at 248 pre-injury.

Even if he played at 250/255, he and Miller would still be one of if not the smallest starting 3-4 OLB duo in the NFL.

Being a 250ish pound OLB in a 3-4 is still on the small side. Last off-season I was curious so I looked up every starting OLB duo in the NFL. If I remember correctly the Cards were the 2nd smallest with the average weight throughout the league being in the high 250's.

Let's look at some teams really known for running a successful 3-4. Pit. 6-0 242 and 6-2 265. Bal. 6-3 260 and 6-3 265. N.Y.J. 6-4 260 and 6-4 265. N.E. 6-2 250 and 6-2 255. G.B. 6-3 255 and 6-2 250. S.D. 6-3 258 and 6-3 250. Dal. 6-3 260 and 6-4 262. And now for the hypothetical Cardinals with Miller 6-3 237 and Schofield gaining weight to get back up to his college playing weight of 248. I don't know about you but I see quite a discrepancy there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson