2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wilson is still a project, at best. I hope we are not comparing a 1st round WR, especially a top 5-10 guy with a 3rd rounder flyer. If so, then we should not go anywhere near that guy. However, I think Harrison, Odunze and Nabers are infinitely better than Wilson.
WtF?
Wilson is no project. The only legit question on him is durability....and he still played in 13 games. He had a solid rookie season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope we are not comparing a 1st round WR, especially a top 5-10 guy with a 3rd rounder flyer. If so, then we should not go anywhere near that guy.
So are you telling me I can’t compare a Nabers or Odunze to someone like a Puka Nacua?

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Taking any WR over Harrison will be worse than taking Young over Stroud. Don't try to impress with how "smart" you are Monti.

Just take this guy and start winning games:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
FWIW:

i am assuming MHJ will be gone by #4. So my focus is now on who else.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McBrides job is to find soft spots in zones and sit down, make a catch and turn upfield...or catch in stride and go...just like Kelce and Kittle. None of those guys are 50/50 jump ball receivers
But 50/50 jump ball is what they’re all also good at. It’s not their ONLY good trait, but it’s still A trait they excel at.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So are you telling me I can’t compare a Nabers or Odunze to someone like a Puka Nacua?
Puka has actually accomplished something on the NFL level. Wilson has not. Nabers and Odunze can only hope to be as good as Puka was/is.
We are not talking specifically about where they were drafted. We are talking about on the field production.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know that's changing the conversation. Nacua has shown something at the NFL level. Wilson has shown next-to-nothing.
That is not changing the conversation. He basically told me & others that read that post is that it’s a problem we’re comparing a top 5-10 guy to a non 1st rounder-flyer. I pointed out his logic is flawed.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WtF?
Wilson is no project. The only legit question on him is durability....and he still played in 13 games. He had a solid rookie season.
Listen, I hope Wilson turns into a legit #2 or #3 WR but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
He had 1 or 2 nice games but still a lot of ground to cover to be considered legit

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Listen, I hope Wilson turns into a legit #2 or #3 WR but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
He had 1 or 2 nice games but still a lot of ground to cover to be considered legit
Dude was a rookie. Had a nagging injury half the season and still produced nearly 600 yards while playing most of the season with a backup QB .
I ain't claiming he is a future hall of famer but talking smack on him is just foolish and unwarranted. The biggest concern on him is health...not ability.
Guys ain't drafted for their rookie season

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Meh, you and I have gone back and forth for years and usually find that we aren’t that far apart, we just both enjoy debating. This I treat you like I treat one of my crew. If it bothers you I can be more formal. You’ll note I never complain about others in this manner bc I’m fine with the tit-for-tat that’s inherent in arguing sports.
I'll add a +1 to this, @Krangodnzr, and also credit you for effectively ending our (to other posters) boring back and forth :)

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just have a feeling the pats will either take him or trade down for a bundle so another team can get danials.
If the Pats trade down so another team can take Daniels at #3, that would leave Harrison Jr. available for the Cardinals.

But after the top two QBs are off the board, it seems as though none of the remaining QBs is widely considered worthy of the #3 spot. So I do suspect that the Pats may trade back a bit and another team will trade to #3 to take Harrison Jr ahead of the Cards. Then we'll all be left wondering why the Cards didn't give up what it took to move up 1 spot and get their guy, rather than ceding control of their options to another team and taking whoever's left at #4.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This thread is overthinking the hell out of him preferring Odunze over him.

Again, I like Rome, but I don’t see Rome putting fear in defenses like Nabers.
Man I really do hope Im wrong. Or at least hope MHJ does fall to 4.

However, Im thinking this is last years draft all over again where we trade down instead of selecting the SEC Star (or the top prospect left on the board).

That just seems to be the sense from all of Cards media. For whatever reason they dont think WR is a #1 priority and there is depth later in the draft.

Again hope Im wrong, but we'll see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort