Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Booker average more Points, rebounds, and surprisingly a better 3pt % than Nash. The greatest disparity are the assists, 7 for Book and 11 for Nash.
Where are you seeing Booker with a better 3pt% than Nash?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where are you seeing Booker with a better 3pt% than Nash?

For those playoff series I mentioned.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Connie was the most gifted player that ever wore a Phoenix uniform and he seemingly could dominate whenever he wanted to. But he was never quite the same once he was finally allowed into the NBA at the age of 27.

Players that had played with or against him prior to joining Phoenix tend to rank him in the top 5 or top 10 of all time but I don't think he ever consistently played at that level in the NBA other than for short stretches.
He had one really dominant year, and a very good year, and then injuries killed him. The book Foul is a really good read about Hawkins.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Devin Booker won Western Conference Player of the month for January 2024 - it's the 3rd time he's won the award which putting him above all other Suns in franchise - he's only 27 years old and with Ishbia at the wheel I'm thinking he could win a few more

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin Booker won Western Conference Player of the month for January 2024 - it's the 3rd time he's won the award which putting him above all other Suns in franchise - he's only 27 years old and with Ishbia at the wheel I'm thinking he could win a few more

You must be registered for see images attach

Kind of crazy Nash has 2 MVP's but Booker has more Player of the Month awards in just 3. I guess Nash got screwed on those back then.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about Emma Stone? If Booker manages to pull that off then there's no debate, IMO. He's in the GOAT conversation with MJ and LeBron then.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker has done everything, I don't need to see his stats.
But you cant be the greatest without ever dating Taylor Swift.
So you are saying that Travis Kelsy (SP) is the GOAT? I think that's a NO! LOL!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Devin Booker but the more I think about this more I know he is not on the same level as Nash, Durant, Barkley. Those guys were not just the best on the teams they played but they were also league wide MVPs. Book is not on that level. He is not a league MVP. Nash, Durant and Barkley also TRANSFORMED teams they were added to. Book can't do that on his own.

I wish this said greats player drafted instead of greatest player in Suns history. Even then I still have him behind Nash for now. If Book wins a title and gets a finals MVP to go along with it? OK. I might be onboard then.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love Devin Booker but the more I think about this more I know he is not on the same level as Nash, Durant, Barkley. Those guys were not just the best on the teams they played but they were also league wide MVPs. Book is not on that level. He is not a league MVP. Nash, Durant and Barkley also TRANSFORMED teams they were added to. Book can't do that on his own.

I wish this said greats player drafted instead of greatest player in Suns history. Even then I still have him behind Nash for now. If Book wins a title and gets a finals MVP to go along with it? OK. I might be onboard then.
He more reminds me of the guys who could light it up such as Chambers and Chapman although they weren’t drafted.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For me, Booker is the greatest Sun but I never get too invested in these kind of things because there's no real meaning to it. I don't actually consider Devin to be the greatest player that ever suited up for the Suns, nor do I believe he's had the single greatest season of anyone in a Suns uniform. But, taking everything into consideration, he's number one in my book.

Ask an old baseball fan who was the greatest Detroit Tiger and most will probably say Ty Cobb but ask an old Tigers fan and many of them will say Al Kaline. Ty Cobb is more famous and each at their best, he was the better player, but Al played 22 seasons (all for the Tigers) and represented the franchise as an All Star 18 times. Straight up, most of his averages fall short of Ty but his career achievements put him first IMO.

Nash and Barkley can both make legitimate claim to being the greatest Sun ever but Devin went through NBA hell to stay with this team and mostly did it the right way despite being the youngest player in the league for more than a year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me, Booker is the greatest Sun but I never get too invested in these kind of things because there's no real meaning to it. I don't actually consider Devin to be the greatest player that ever suited up for the Suns, nor do I believe he's had the single greatest season of anyone in a Suns uniform. But, taking everything into consideration, he's number one in my book.

Ask an old baseball fan who was the greatest Detroit Tiger and most will probably say Ty Cobb but ask an old Tigers fan and many of them will say Al Kaline. Ty Cobb is more famous and at their best, he was the better player, but Al played 22 seasons (all for the Tigers) and represented the franchise in the all star game 18 times. Straight up, most of his averages fall short of Ty but his career achievements put him first IMO. Devin went through NBA hell to stay with this team and mostly did it the right way despite being the youngest player in the league for more than a year.
I think a lot of this is totally fair and puts the convo into a more well rounded context. He’s our only homegrown and has been THE building block for a contender since he got here when we were a massive wasteland of a franchise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash and Barkley can both make legitimate claim to being the greatest Sun ever but Devin went through NBA hell to stay with this team and mostly did it the right way despite being the youngest player in the league for more than a year.
Devin going through hell speaks more to his dedication and his journey which is a different topic all together.