Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I put KJ over Nash. He was the engine that made the Suns rise from the ashes of the drug scandal, took the team to back to back WCF, helped us get to a 3rd WCF and the brink of a title. And when needed, was dragged out of retirement to again help the team to a playoff first round W and then turned into a massive scorer helping that super small Suns team rebound from an 0-13 start to within an OT of beating a 2 seed in the playoffs.

That was 10 years as the leader, or second banana or old guy riding to the rescue for the franchise that included 3 WCF and a Final appearance.

And he never forced his way to the freaking Lakers.
KJ is my favorite player of all time but I would struggle putting him above Nash.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nash didn't get to the finals, Book has. What is your reasoning to discount that fact? Just curious.

Not all playoff runs are created equal. The Suns got very fortunate during the 2021 playoff run. I don’t remember any of those Spurs or Mavs teams missing their best or second best players during the Nash era. Also, you’re not champions whether you lose in the finals or conference finals so how is making it one round further a significant measuring stick?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I agree with some of this - some of it not so much - Book is a killer like MJ and Kobe and KD - you don't drop 71 without that gene - and when he or CP3 got on the only teammate that ever really needed getting on - it backfired - but it was a different story in the Olympics where Book not only led but also motivated his teammates to dig deep - infact I think Olympic Book is why we have KD - because game recognize game

Book is a baller not a killer. That title is reserved for players who win titles and show up when their team is facing elimination. For the record I think he could make that leap soon.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not all playoff runs are created equal. The Suns got very fortunate during the 2021 playoff run. I don’t remember any of those Spurs or Mavs teams missing their best or second best players during the Nash era. Also, you’re not champions whether you lose in the finals or conference finals so how is making it one round further a significant measuring stick?
Don't know if it's significant, but you hang a banner when you make the finals. You don't for making the conference finals.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's significant, but you hang a banner when you make the finals. You don't for making the conference finals.
I think we only hang lesser banners because we don't have a collection of championship banners to put up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We’ve only been to 3 finals. 10 WCFs. There’s a definitive difference.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Denver's was even more luck - 8 seed, 4 seed (CP hurt), 7 seed and then 8 seed

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he wasn't already, and I'd say he is, this is the year he overtakes Nash for a lot of people on the fence.

He's the best player on a team with Kevin Durant while KD is averaging career highs in scoring almost a career high. Only season higher was 32.0 ppg in OKC in 2013-14, when he won MVP.

Make no mistake though, Booker is the straw that stirs the drink here. He's the one who sparked the winning streak and pushes this team. It looks so much better with him than without.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he wasn't already, and I'd say he is, this is the year he overtakes Nash for a lot of people on the fence.

He's the best player on a team with Kevin Durant while KD is averaging career highs in scoring almost a career high. Only season higher was 32.0 ppg in OKC in 2013-14, when he won MVP.

Make no mistake though, Booker is the straw that stirs the drink here. He's the one who sparked the winning streak and pushes this team. It looks so much better with him than without.

I said at the start of this thread, I think it is damn close, I had... probably still have Nash ahead, but it is getting closer and closer.

Booker is the better overall player but Nash's ability to elevate everyone around him was something that very few players have. Booker is starting to show the ability to lift up the talent around him... while also individually scoring at an insane level of efficiency. Nash had that ability too, but he just didn't look to shoot enough (even he laments it now).

I was going to say that 'if not for Booker's emergence and star quality, Sarver probably would have looked to move the team'......... but you could probably say the same for Nash too. If we hadn't landed Nash at the dawn of Sarver's ownership... who knows how dark things would have gotten.

Apologies for bringing up Sarver. We should probably make it a swear word.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Book is #1 (so far) in points per possession when he brings up the ball:
Lots of great discussion about Book in general through the first third or so of that video, mostly re-living the NYK game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book’s the best. And I don’t think it’s close considering Sarver was one of the worst owners not just in the league but in all of sports.

He was the lone ray of sunlight during very very dark days and his presence alone brought Monty here, then CP3, then KD, and been the focal point of the team going from the worst team in the league to a title contender for these last four seasons.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake