CBS Projecting Murray Trade

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
A first and a third.

I think that's magical fan thinking, as well. We all thought that we could get a first for Hop.

Without researching this I would think any trade involving Kyler might have to involve a high priced player in return to offset cap hits.
Is that possible?

You can ask for one, but that's not generally how the cap works. With a high-priced player moving him in trade likely hurts you more against the cap. The NBA cap works like that, though.

I would draft a QB every year. Guys get hurt. Hurts was a third rounder when the Eagles had their QB.
Hurts was a second-round pick.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not though. You invest in the team around him for the next two drafts and if it doesn't work then you have a great team to build around for a different QB.

Brock Purdy is great because the team around him is great.
Wow logical sense this is!!! I love it!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if, with an improved roster, Kyler has an average-ish season next year, how can anyone expect him to take another step in 2025? He hasn’t really shown much in the way of consistency and in current state appears broken.

I don’t know what the answer is to this conundrum.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not though. You invest in the team around him for the next two drafts and if it doesn't work then you have a great team to build around for a different QB.

Probably the best path forward.

Three crap years of record, if that happens, probably means a coaching staff change. Kyler over those two years could easily poison the well

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Nope he is Joe Montana and he is carrying around a bunch of scrubs with his leet arm strength.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unload Murray, find a way to draft both MHJ & Penix Jr. Would MUCH rather have Penix than that entitled dude at USC.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Would Murray plus Cardinals first pick get you a Caleb or Drake Maye without additional cost if Cardinals are at #3? Just for giggs.

PS: I feel Cardinals will keep Murray but will not be a huge surprise if he is traded either on draft day.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Would Murray plus Cardinals first pick get you a Caleb or Drake Maye without additional cost if Cardinals are at #3? Just for giggs.

PS: I feel Cardinals will keep Murray but will not be a huge surprise if he is traded either on draft day.
I don't think you'd trade him on draft day. The receiving team would want to talk to him, get vibes, do a medical maybe. It would 100% get out.

I can't remember the last time a Pro Bowl QB was traded, much less how that process worked. But it's not something that's suddenly going to happen. This isn't dumping Josh Rosen in the garbage can as quickly as possible (honestly, it's pretty amazing in retrospect that Keim got a second-rounder for him).

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would have a stroke if we did that.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think you'd trade him on draft day. The receiving team would want to talk to him, get vibes, do a medical maybe. It would 100% get out.

I can't remember the last time a Pro Bowl QB was traded, much less how that process worked. But it's not something that's suddenly going to happen. This isn't dumping Josh Rosen in the garbage can as quickly as possible (honestly, it's pretty amazing in retrospect that Keim got a second-rounder for him).

Yup on Keim getting a 2nd round pick. It was one of his finest moments.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Whether you agree with this or not I believe this is the way we’ll go.
For two years? If he doesn't definitively show he's the guy next year, how could we possibly justify bringing him back yet again? I mean, there are posters here who will move the goal posts to defend him, no doubt, but surely Monti would be wiser than that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think of you built a good team around Murray he could win 11 games and make the playoffs. <Checks notes> oh wait that's already happened!
Oh, right, so he's going to be that guy again. When is that going to happen? We keep being told it's going to happen, but when will it actually happen?

I know you're purposefully playing the smart ass, but put your money where your mouth is. Go drop a grand on KM to win 11 games and make the playoffs next year.

I didn't think so.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are your NFL passing leaders right now:

Tua: Picked 5
Purdy: 7th round
Goff: #1 overall (traded from his first team)
Mahomes: #10
Dak: Round 4
Josh Allen: #7
Lawrence #1
Stafford #1
Hurts 2nd round
CJ Stroud #2

So of the top 10 passers, 50% were not taken in the top 5. Two of those top 5 guys are on their second teams.

As you go down that list, that just continues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92