QB 1 (?) Josh Dobbs

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
eastcoastDave, not saying you're wrong, but Kyler's talent aside, I think that our offense still has MORE shotgun plays than under center. I say that without having any stats to back up my claim. Do you know?
I saw numbers previously posted, you are correct. I want to say it was a 70/30 mix which surprised me. My guess they’re setting the mix for Kyler’s return.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
eastcoastDave, not saying you're wrong, but Kyler's talent aside, I think that our offense still has MORE shotgun plays than under center. I say that without having any stats to back up my claim. Do you know?
We are running 65% shotgun so far this season. I did a breakdown through week 4, after the Cowboys game. Under Kliff it was 87% shotgun.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any team that runs majority of plays with QB under center? I don't think so.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Presuming we don't have the #1 pick next year, which seems like a fair assumption, I hope that Dobbs is resigned next year. He's a solid back up for Kyler and legit starter when he is out. No reason to use our #1 next year on another QB if we can make this work, lots of needs elsewhere to use draft picks on.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Presuming we don't have the #1 pick next year, which seems like a fair assumption, I hope that Dobbs is resigned next year. He's a solid back up for Kyler and legit starter when he is out. No reason to use our #1 next year on another QB if we can make this work, lots of needs elsewhere to use draft picks on.
At this pace, Dobbs might get a shot as a starter.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Dobbs is Trent Dilfer 2.0. He is a serviceable qb that needs a very good defense.
If Purdy was on this team he would not be “ great”. He would struggle.
I was thinking earlier today that Dobbs is somewhere between Dilfer and Matt Hasselbeck.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hasselback was a 3x Pro Bowler.
Imagine essentially saying that Dobbs and Matt Ryan are the same quality of QB. (I argue that Hasselbeck and Ryan are comparable)

In 13 years Dilfer had 58 wins, over 20k yards, and 113 TDs to go along with a Pro Bowl and a Super Bowl title. In 5 years Dobbs has 1 win, 1400 yards passing and 8 TDs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Imagine essentially saying that Dobbs and Matt Ryan are the same quality of QB. (I argue that Hasselbeck and Ryan are comparable)

In 13 years Dilfer had 58 wins, over 20k yards, and 113 TDs to go along with a Pro Bowl and a Super Bowl title. In 5 years Dobbs has 1 win, 1400 yards passing and 8 TDs.
Matt Ryan was an MVP. To me, he’s one step up from Hasselback. Hasselback is comparable to Eli Manning for me.

Either way, putting Dobbs in the conversation with any of these dudes is unhinged.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don’t forget to mention the outstanding defense he had. He never had to carry the team on his back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.S. I’m not comparing Dobbs to any other QB. I’m saying he would need a very , very good defense so as not to put the team on his back.
As of now he is being asked to put up 30 or more pts a game to win. That’s not happening and he is not capable of doing that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Football in the late 90s was just different:

You must be registered for see images attach

2500 yard Pro Bowl season. Good gawd.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort