xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wizards will get in return for the Chris Paul trade.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ironically there were 3 rumors in the rumors I posted today. That was the 2nd one, I skipped it because I thought it was the least likely of the 3 to happen.

CP3 makes sense in that he takes Steph off the ball more and if they lose Draymond that matters. But if they keep Draymond then I don't see how he and CP3 fit together.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 and (assumably) Green on the same roster. That will be interesting.

Golden State is going to be crazy old.

Yeah it is odd, CP3 is great midrange and a great passer but another guy defenders can back off to key on Steph.

Will be tough for me, CP3 great career but very hard for me to cheer for,

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Wizards will get in return for the Chris Paul trade.

HOLY Hell. They got Poole and a 1st for the corpse of CP3

Wow, well Wizards just made the Beal deal a lot better for themselves.

Huh, they must have offered us the same thing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY Hell. They got Poole for the corpse of CP3

Yeah, I think it was a sweet deal for the Wizards. I liked Poole as well for the Suns since he is younger than Beal.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY Hell. They got Poole for the corpse of CP3

I think we'll see more of this the next couple years until contracts get straightened out. I believe more and more teams will be evaluating players against their contracts and will likely have to sell for less or add value when they trade those overpaid players. Poole, like Beal is not worth his contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean I know Poole played like crap last year, but the year before that he was playing like a Jamal Murray clone at times.

My bet is he will get back to form for the Wizards.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was a sweet deal for the Wizards. I liked Poole as well for the Suns since he is younger than Beal.
I prefer Beal, but I am a bit shocked that deal was also apparently an option for the Suns. I guess an expiring contract is really valuable in todays NBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I know Poole played like crap last year, but the year before that he was playing like a Jamal Murray clone at times.

I think he's more like a Jordan Clarkson than a Jamal Murray. It's nice to have guys like that but not at his salary, that's a killer in today's NBA.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we'll see more of this the next couple years until contracts get straightened out. I believe more and more teams will be evaluating players against their contracts and will likely have to sell for less or add value when they trade those overpaid players. Poole, like Beal is not worth his contract.
We will see, I think he will be. I think that Draymond thing just threw everything off for him. Change of environment where he is the number one option is just what he needs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer Beal, but I am a bit shocked that deal was also apparently an option for the Suns. I guess an expiring contract is really valuable in todays NBA.

Especially starting the 2023-24 season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I think this moves Golden State out of any possibility of contention.

They just blew their wad on CP3 - and from what we saw of CP3 last year he is almost unplayable IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah I'm happy for Jordan it's a situation to start clean again. That said, it's also a situation which could be really bad, some young players going to bad teams is just a death knell, the games don't "matter" because the team sucks. For a guy like Poole who already has a ton of bad habits that could be a problem.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah I'm happy for Jordan it's a situation to start clean again. That said, it's also a situation which could be really bad, some young players going to bad teams is just a death knell, the games don't "matter" because the team sucks. For a guy like Poole who already has a ton of bad habits that could be a problem.
Well, to be honest now that they have so many pick swaps, maybe I have to root against him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will see, I think he will be. I think that Draymond thing just threw everything off for him. Change of environment where he is the number one option is just what he needs.
Well, for me, almost every high priced NBA player is overpaid. And I don't mean that in comparison to the average Joe but in relation to their win/loss value which means availability is very important. Obviously players getting their first post rookie contract are typically overpaid because of their potential but even among veterans it's a problem.

Durant is overpaid, Beal is overpaid, AD is overpaid, Gobert is overpaid, Kawhi is overpaid, Paul George is overpaid, Klay Thompson is overpaid, Embiid is overpaid, CP3 is overpaid as are most of the top 100 paid players. Since the introduction of the Supermax contract, teams have routinely overpaid in a way the league has never seen before and IMO getting that back under control was the driving force for the CBA changes.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, for me, almost every high priced NBA player is overpaid. And I don't mean that in comparison to the average Joe but in relation to their win/loss value which means availability is very important. Obviously players getting their first post rookie contract are typically overpaid because of their potential but even among veterans it's a problem.

Durant is overpaid, Beal is overpaid, AD is overpaid, Gobert is overpaid, Kawhi is overpaid, Paul George is overpaid, Klay Thompson is overpaid, Embiid is overpaid, CP3 is overpaid as are most of the top 100 paid players. Since the introduction of the Supermax contract, teams have routinely overpaid in a way the league has never seen before and IMO getting that back under control was the driving force for the CBA changes.
I was thinking the same thing - really need to tweek the SuperMax to reflect the reality of the Aprons