2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Are you a Suns or Hornet fan first? That's awful for the Suns. Why should we give up anything for a POS like Miles Bridges. He shouldn't even be in the league. I don't like Ayton as a player but I despise Miles as a person. I don't care what he does well on the court, which isn't all that much TBH. He's average at best but with the character issues and criminal charges? I'd rather the Suns sign Pat Beverley at PG, Isiah Thomas as GM, and bring Robert Sarver back into the fold as special consultant before seeing Miles Bridges in a Suns uniform.
I hear Shamet prays before every meal this should please you.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In that Detroit trade idea, Bojan Bogdanovic, James Wiseman and #5 would work. I'm not high on the players although Wiseman is intriguing.
They have cap room, they don’t have to match the salaries so I doubt they would throw in bogdonovic.

honestly they probably wouldn’t even give us wiseman, but they might since ayton would take most of his minutes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have cap room, they don’t have to match the salaries so I doubt they would throw in bogdonovic.

honestly they probably wouldn’t even give us wiseman, but they might since ayton would take most of his minutes.

I'd like Wiseman. The Pistons could keep Bogdonovic.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I want to know is where was this analysis, from the board in general, four to six weeks ago, when the consensus was that Denver was harmless and that the Suns would make quick work of them if they happened to match up.
Admittedly I wanted Denver. It’s a result of not having watched this iteration of Denver at full strength all that much. In all the games we played against Denver this year none had both teams at full strength at same time to gauge the matchup. This nuggets team is really well constructed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gambo is saying the real Dallas deal is Hardaway, McGee, and Bullock. Says they are even unwilling to give up Maxi Kleeber in a deal, and there is no chance you can get the #10 pick.

I know he has a contact in Dallas so that is not good news.
That deal ain’t happening.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gambo says Gordon Heyword, #27 and Mark Williams might be a better real type deal that is available.
I think they have to give more than that. But it’s a start. Hayward is 32. The 27th isn’t going to be much. I like mark Williams but he’s pretty raw.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's the thing. He was developing slowly under Monty. When forced to be the man on the Nets, his game started to raise to a new level. I think we have to give him a year or two to see what he develops into. Maybe it was not Monty. Maybe it was just getting into a groove here in Phoenix and he stopped growing. Then he got thrust into a new role, and it was sink or swim. The excitement around him, is it looks like he chose to swim.
I’m sorry you want to wait until he’s 28 and in his 7th season before we can determine what bridges is? No. Just no.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Flex is still acting like #3 from portland is realistic. If that is true that is what I go after above all else.

He also says Detroit would trade #5 right now for him. If we could get Wiseman and #5 I would love that also.
Not enamored either wiseman and 5. I think there are 3 players in this draft. Hence my interest in Portland deal.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex is still acting like #3 from portland is realistic. If that is true that is what I go after above all else.

He also says Detroit would trade #5 right now for him. If we could get Wiseman and #5 I would love that also.

Neither of those are realistic.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For what it is worth, he says the Suns could get the 5th pick now from Detroit if they wanted for Ayton.
Flex has some solid info but also throws out a lot of nonsense cause he knows ppl will run with it. We really shouldn’t entertain any trade scenarios where Ayton is bringing back a top-5 pick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex has some solid info but also throws out a lot of nonsense cause he knows ppl will run with it. We really shouldn’t entertain any trade scenarios where Ayton is bringing back a top-5 pick.

It's better than hearing from the media what is not going to happen.

I take everything with a grain of salt but Flex has nailed some big trades by the Suns.

Btw, Flex went out of his way to say the 5th pick was available now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it is worth, he says the Suns could get the 5th pick now from Detroit if they wanted for Ayton.

He's full of crap. Detroit is stocked with good big men. Ayton isn't a significant upgrade if at all.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are you a Suns or Hornet fan first? That's awful for the Suns. Why should we give up anything for a POS like Miles Bridges. He shouldn't even be in the league. I don't like Ayton as a player but I despise Miles as a person. I don't care what he does well on the court, which isn't all that much TBH. He's average at best but with the character issues and criminal charges? I'd rather the Suns sign Pat Beverley at PG, Isiah Thomas as GM, and bring Robert Sarver back into the fold as special consultant before seeing Miles Bridges in a Suns uniform.
You really believe the Suns can get the 3 or 4 th pick for Dominator? No I’m not a fan

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's full of crap. Detroit is stocked with good big men. Ayton isn't a significant upgrade if at all.

Maybe you can argue that Jalen Duren has good potential, but the rest of their bigs are all terrible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really believe the Suns can get the 3 or 4 th pick for Dominator? No I’m not a fan

I don't think we'll get that. I think we'll be lucky to get a deal like Hayward, Mark Williams, and a future pick. We have no use for the #27 pick this year so I'd hope we could talk them into a future pick rather than a pick like that. Realistically that's probably the best we'll do, as in a veteran role player with warts (Hayward), a young prospect (Williams), and a late pick. Not saying I'd jump on that deal but I think we'll end up with something similar.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe the Pistons are tired of averaging only 20 wins a season over the last four years.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what have they seen in Ayton that makes them think he will change that?
All we have to do is send them tapes of his good games (maybe good quarters), that will win them over. He really let us down this season but he's had enough strong games to warrant serious attention from other teams if they believe they can coach him out of his bad stretches.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Gambo is saying the real Dallas deal is Hardaway, McGee, and Bullock. Says they are even unwilling to give up Maxi Kleeber in a deal, and there is no chance you can get the #10 pick.

I know he has a contact in Dallas so that is not good news.
Bleep that bleep. I get that some folks are through with Ayton, but his market value is way higher than some of these garbage deals being suggested. They should be able to get at least a mid level starter for him, plus a decent pick and/or complementary player.

If not, then I would bring him back for another season and see if a coaching change makes any difference. Letting some other contender steal him, warts and all, for pennies would be stupid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose