2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo is saying the real Dallas deal is Hardaway, McGee, and Bullock. Says they are even unwilling to give up Maxi Kleeber in a deal, and there is no chance you can get the #10 pick.

I know he has a contact in Dallas so that is not good news.
Gambo says Gordon Heyword, #27 and Mark Williams might be a better real type deal that is available.

The ol "cutting off your nose to spite your face" trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take the Charlotte trade as well, if I had to pick between them, and ship Ayton out of the conference.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo is saying the real Dallas deal is Hardaway, McGee, and Bullock. Says they are even unwilling to give up Maxi Kleeber in a deal, and there is no chance you can get the #10 pick.

Maxi Kleber is reportedly best friends with Doncic.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

If that's correct, it should only mean that Ayton isn't going to Dallas. Ayton has his weaknesses and he has worn out his welcome in Phoenix, but he's worth more than three aging journeymen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be a great deal and much better than the Mavs one but I doubt Charlotte would prefer Ayton on a max deal over Williams on a rookie scale.
You really like that deal? Hayword is never healthy. #27 is unlikely to be of any use, so to me that is basically Williams for Ayton.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When a guy has been in the league for as many years as bridges I don’t think you’re looking for development much anymore can they improve? Sure. But it’s much more around the edges.
That's the thing. He was developing slowly under Monty. When forced to be the man on the Nets, his game started to raise to a new level. I think we have to give him a year or two to see what he develops into. Maybe it was not Monty. Maybe it was just getting into a groove here in Phoenix and he stopped growing. Then he got thrust into a new role, and it was sink or swim. The excitement around him, is it looks like he chose to swim.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You really like that deal? Hayword is never healthy. #27 is unlikely to be of any use, so to me that is basically Williams for Ayton.
I think Williams has a lot of upside but he’s raw. I seriously doubt the Hornets would do this though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I decided to listen to Flex on the linked podcast below.

He thinks a lot of teams are interested in Ayton because they feel like they can maximize his potential.

The Suns want a starter, a rotation player and a 1st round pick. He says right now, Detroit would give the 5th pick for Ayton.

Portland and Toronto are also very much interested.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to this latest Flex podcast. He is dropping some interesting stuff.

For one he says Ayton declared himself out of game 6 3 days before game time, like he wasn't even trying to play.

He also said KD had a minor injury that he was not disclosing, but it was affecting his shooting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex saying a Derozan for DA deal is real.

Damn, he is real old, but I have to admit adding him to Book and KD would be ridiculous for a year or two.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex is still acting like #3 from portland is realistic. If that is true that is what I go after above all else.

He also says Detroit would trade #5 right now for him. If we could get Wiseman and #5 I would love that also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Damn, he is real old, but I have to admit adding him to Book and KD would be ridiculous for a year or two.

Flex has everybody coming to Phoenix... DeRozan, Westbrook, Beverley, LeVert, Crowder, etc.

He wants some goons playing for the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex has everybody coming to Phoenix... DeRozan, Westbrook, Beverley, LeVert, Crowder, etc.

He wants some goons playing for the Suns.
Yeah, he is losing credibility with the Crowder thing - he says give him his money. Does he really not realize we cannot do that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is losing credibility with the Crowder thing - he says give him his money. Does he really not realize we cannot do that?

This is where the interview started to slide sideways.

The Suns could offer Crowder the $5 million MLE as a luxury taxpayer, not that I would do it.

Bringing Patrick Beverley to the Suns is a bridge too far for me. I'd never want to see Beverley in a Suns uniform.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that Detroit trade idea, Bojan Bogdanovic, James Wiseman and #5 would work. I'm not high on the players although Wiseman is intriguing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex is still acting like #3 from portland is realistic. If that is true that is what I go after above all else.

He also says Detroit would trade #5 right now for him. If we could get Wiseman and #5 I would love that also.

Forget Wiseman, I want Duren. I know he's undersized but him and #5 would be amazing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ummm Flex has no credibility. Dude throws out ideas just like us except he claims his ideas are "inside info". If it doesn't pan out, " well, plans changed" and if they do, he swears he was first despite being 8 months off.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I've said it repeatedly, DeRozan would be awful on this team. It would be a huge mistake to trade for him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miles Bridges and Terry Rozier for Ayton.

Are you a Suns or Hornet fan first? That's awful for the Suns. Why should we give up anything for a POS like Miles Bridges. He shouldn't even be in the league. I don't like Ayton as a player but I despise Miles as a person. I don't care what he does well on the court, which isn't all that much TBH. He's average at best but with the character issues and criminal charges? I'd rather the Suns sign Pat Beverley at PG, Isiah Thomas as GM, and bring Robert Sarver back into the fold as special consultant before seeing Miles Bridges in a Suns uniform.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Listening to this latest Flex podcast. He is dropping some interesting stuff.

For one he says Ayton declared himself out of game 6 3 days before game time, like he wasn't even trying to play.

He also said KD had a minor injury that he was not disclosing, but it was affecting his shooting.
He was flexing his hand repeatedly in the last couple games he played for us. He got jambed going for a steal, I think.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you a Suns or Hornet fan first? That's awful for the Suns. Why should we give up anything for a POS like Miles Bridges. He shouldn't even be in the league. I don't like Ayton as a player but I despise Miles as a person. I don't care what he does well on the court, which isn't all that much TBH. He's average at best but with the character issues and criminal charges? I'd rather the Suns sign Pat Beverley at PG, Isiah Thomas as GM, and bring Robert Sarver back into the fold as special consultant before seeing Miles Bridges in a Suns uniform.

Now do Brittany Griner.