Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return to Phoenix to play game 6 on Thursday. They trail the series 3-2.

This is a must win game.

When: Thursday, May 11th

Television: ESPN

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7 pm Arizona Time

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To win I think the Suns need:

Booker to not be injured and play great
Durant has to play at least at a good level unlike most of this series
Suns' bench has to play at least at a solid/decent level

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wonder if Ishbia is thinking to himself, “on second thought, please suspend that chubby Serbian dude”

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ayton and Monty both need to be gone after the season. Ayton is just going through the motions and clearly doesn't want to be with the team.

Monty continues to make some weird rotation decisions and is always out coached.

Time to move on from Cp3 as well.
Be certain that if the Suns lay a similar egg to last year's final game at home, all of those things are going to happen.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Ayton and Monty both need to be gone after the season. Ayton is just going through the motions and clearly doesn't want to be with the team.

Monty continues to make some weird rotation decisions and is always out coached.

I think it will start with James Jones and go from there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I was starting to think Shamet could start contributing. This is what he has done since he got here. One good game then nothing. He has never done anything else here. Monty needs to give those minutes to Craig. He is longer and help out more with rebounding. Shamet simply sucks and shouldn't see the floor. Ross and TJ are fine to come off the bench.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Okogie is a tough one. I wish he would have made that three to tie it in Q1 and that layup on Gordon early. Early offensive momentum for him is crucial.

Well..... Do or die time. If we lose, Monty has to go. Like...... HAS to go.

I am terrified that he hires Isaiah Thomas though. it seems irrational to me with all of his baggage but I am scared about it.

TJ

Reaction score
Okogie is a tough one. I wish he would have made that three to tie it in Q1 and that layup on Gordon early. Early offensive momentum for him is crucial.

I am terrified that he hires Isaiah Thomas though. it seems irrational to me with all of his baggage but I am scared about it.

I cant see Thomas having any formal position in phoenix. When the rumor came out that he might join the team, the backlash spoke volumes

TJ

Reaction score

Ayton and the Suns will find a way to get him out of Phoenix. I can’t see a situation in which this is resolved any other way. Neither party wants him in Phoenix anymore

As for Monty, who knows. He just signed an extension that doesn’t expire until 2026. This could go either way. My hope is that Ishbia is still on his high after purchasing the team that he’ll throw money at the situation and get him out of here

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Monty isn't going anywhere lol y'all are hilarious

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Monty really does a terrible job holding that locker room together. Always public drama with someone.
Public drama?? I don't know about that lol, didn't know he was responsible for the player's posts either. I get it tho, day after big (although expected) loss, people gonna blame Monty for everything

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I cant see Thomas having any formal position in phoenix. When the rumor came out that he might join the team, the backlash spoke volumes
Ishbia is a next level alpha he doesn’t care. I’m guessing special consultant to the owner (if he isn’t already).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Public drama?? I don't know about that lol, didn't know he was responsible for the player's posts either. I get it tho, day after big (although expected) loss, people gonna blame Monty for everything
Take off your purple shaded glasses for just a minute and try to think. You have this mythical opinion of Monty as if he can do no wrong and it makes no sense at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose