Movies and Entertainment Twitter Thread

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is that the camera operator gets off the crane at the top, walks through that gaming parlor and gets on another crane at the other end. But that steadicam work (or whatever they used) was absolutely top notch.

I don't even think steadicam was invented for another decade or so, so yeah, someone came up with one hell of a solution for that shot. So powerful presented that way too. It wasn't just showing off a camera technique, but genuinely servicing the story.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is that the camera operator gets off the crane at the top, walks through that gaming parlor and gets on another crane at the other end. But that steadicam work (or whatever they used) was absolutely top notch.
I was wondering if they might have had the cameraman in a harness and kept clipping him onto different lines for the movement. The crowd flyover after the cigar rolling gave me the idea for it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't even think steadicam was invented for another decade or so, so yeah, someone came up with one hell of a solution for that shot. So powerful presented that way too. It wasn't just showing off a camera technique, but genuinely servicing the story.
Yeah steadicam was invented in 1976, so not sure how they got it that smooth.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose