Will Anderson Jr is that rare prospect who checks all the boxes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nonsense my man. He is a monster who will use his length and strength to control tackles in the NFL.

I love Anderson too, but the hate Wilson is getting on this board is utter ridiculousness.

You see how I found (and @Harry found) a game of Anderson's that was concerning and you could really use that to argument that you shouldn't draft him at all? Well the rest of the board is nitpicking Wilson for some technique he needs to clean up and it's missing the forest for the trees.

There is an old NFL scout axiom that you don't get fixated on what a player doesn't do well, and instead fixate on what they are really good at. You miss out on great prospects by focusing on their flaws. Wilson is just a massive wrecking ball of a man with exceptional length, strength, long arms, and speed. His arms are massive thick. He is literally a prototype even front end. Anderson is not. Anderson's best fit in a 3-4 backer.

It's not hate. It's an accurate reflection of what is clear to see when you watch him.

I absolutely get the whole size, length and power thing but there are guys like that every year. They don't go first round when they have such obvious flaws. If he was 6'4" with 34" arms he'd be Edge 10+ in this class.

I honestly feel like I'm being clowned. Any time now the draft community are all going to tweet "Gotcha suckers! We had you all believing this guy was top 10!"

This is how I feel. Did you see the news this last week about a trans ballet dancer called Sophie Rebecca? She's a 42 year old brute of a man that decided in 2015 they were an actual woman ballet dancer and despite having the grace of a baby elephant the Royal Academy of Dance gave them a highly coveted place.

Last week, after 7 years of training, they gave their first public performance alongside actual graceful women half their age and were obviously so far below the level of all those young girls it was hysterical to watch. Yet everyone clapped at the emperor's new clothes.

A career ballet dancer broke down how bad they were on social media by making a video of them side by side with someone truly talented. That's the feeling Wilson gives me. I've never felt any prospect was so fraudulent of their touted draft position.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don't have to go there to debate Wilson, @BritCard. C'mon man.

Go where? It's reality. If people are going to subject themselves to public performance they have to accept public criticism. You don't get an immune card because you're trans.

I have no problem with trans people. If that's how you feel then have at it. But hold them to the same standards as everyone else.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If we get to 3 and Anderson isn't the pick, sure, I'll be upset. Or in a trade back to 4. If we take a different edge over Anderson, I'll be getting Keim vibes for sure. Like Ossi is trying to be the smartest guy in the "room." That's my opinion. Could be wrong, could be right.
I don't think you are understanding or maybe you don't and I don't see it.

Some people think Anderson is a poor fit for a traditional 4-3. His numbers dropped substantially when he was moved to a 4 tech position which is where he might be used in a traditional 4-3.

Wilson can play face up, stand up, 3 tech. He offers some versatility, but I think playing him stand up would probably not work as well.

So the overall point I'm making is that Anderson and Wilson are extremely different. It's like comparing a 3 tech to a nose tackle.

What I like about him the most is that he's just an extremely violent player. He is going to be a nightmare match up nightmare for less physical NFL tackles.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think you are understanding or maybe you don't and I don't see it.

Some people think Anderson is a poor fit for a traditional 4-3. His numbers dropped substantially when he was moved to a 4 tech position which is where he might be used in a traditional 4-3.

Wilson can play face up, stand up, 3 tech. He offers some versatility, but I think playing him stand up would probably not work as well.

So the overall point I'm making is that Anderson and Wilson are extremely different. It's like comparing a 3 tech to a nose tackle.

What I like about him the most is that he's just an extremely violent player. He is going to be a nightmare match up nightmare for less physical NFL tackles.

Anderson can add 10-15lbs to play DE infinitely easier than Wilson can learn what he hasn't in the last 5 years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I think the ideal draft scenario for us is Anderson going at #2. Having multiple teams interested in our #3 for whichever 2 of Stroud, Young and Richardson they like and we get a haul in return and Seahawks drafted Tyree Wilson at #5.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I think the ideal draft scenario for us is Anderson going at #2. Having multiple teams interested in our #3 for whichever 2 of Stroud, Young and Richardson they like and we get a haul in return and Seahawks drafted Tyree Wilson at #5.
LOL and we will watch Tyree Wilson annihilate Kelvin Beachum.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't hate Wilson. In fact, being a top 5 or 6 non-QB prospect is where I have him.

Anderson is #1
Carter is #2

They are tier 1 and Wilson is tier two with Gonzalez, Bijan, & Johnson (and possibly Skoronski).

If any position player is drafted before my two tier 1 guys then I assert that the GM is either high, and idiot, or a lunatic. And honestly, Johnson & Gonzalez are far better talents than Wilson.

If a gun was to my head I would do:

Tier 1:
Anderson
Carter

Tier 2:
Paris Johnson
Gonzalez
Wilson
Bijan
Skoronski

You just don't take another pass rusher with game tape flaws like his if the first two guys are available folks. Don't overthink what your eyes saw on the field my friends. Nkemdiche was never in Carter's league. He's had a bad spring after two dominant years on the best team in the SEC. They were good on that side of the ball because of him, not vice versa. Ringo has dropped for a reason, Carter with all of his issues this spring is still a top 5 to 7 pick.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't hate Wilson. In fact, being a top 5 or 6 non-QB prospect is where I have him.

Anderson is #1
Carter is #2

They are tier 1 and Wilson is tier two with Gonzalez, Bijan, & Johnson (and possibly Skoronski).

If any position player is drafted before my two tier 1 guys then I assert that the GM is either high, and idiot, or a lunatic. And honestly, Johnson & Gonzalez are far better talents than Wilson.

Tier 1:
Anderson
Carter

Tier 2:
Paris Johnson
Gonzalez
Wilson
Bijan
Skoronski

You just don't take another pass rusher with game tape flaws like his if the first two guys are available folks. Don't overthink what your eyes saw on the field my friends. Nkemdiche was never in Carter's league. He's had a bad spring after two dominant years on the best team in the SEC. They were good on that side of the ball because of him, not vice versa. Ringo has dropped for a reason, Carter with all of his issues this spring is still a top 5 to 7 pick.
Agree. Unless MO & JG have clearly determined that Carter is a nut job, then trade down to 8-9 spot, add 4 picks AND then draft Carter. The four additional picks protect us in the event Carter goes astray. Something tells me he won’t.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Anderson is #1
Carter is #2

Tier 1:
Anderson
Carter

Tier 2:
Paris Johnson
Gonzalez
Wilson
Bijan
Skoronski

I'd agree about Carter if he was super productive...but he wasn't.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'd agree about Carter if he was super productive...but he wasn't.
Making the people around you super productive because of your gravity is a skill. It's very hard to measure and not many ever have it, but it is an absolute measuring stick for a D-Lineman. Carter has it. All of it.

Travon Walker went #1 and Jordyn Davis went #13 last year and many argued that Carter was actually the best player on the line. He was definitely was no lower than #2. And possibly #1 IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Making the people around you super productive because of your gravity is a skill. It's very hard to measure and not many ever have it, but it is an absolute measuring stick for a D-Lineman. Carter has it. All of it.
Who around Carter was super productive?
Travon Walker went #1 and Jordyn Davis went #13 last year and many argued that Carter was actually the best player on the line. He was definitely was no lower than #2. And possibly #1 IMO.
Travon Walker went #1 purely because of traits. To call his production pedestrian would be an insult to the term pedestrian.

Carter's film is good, but he is the king of almost sack. That's a red flag for me as well, and being fat and out of shape is a massive one. What's going to happen when he gets his first contract?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Who around Carter was super productive?

Travon Walker went #1 purely because of traits. To call his production pedestrian would be an insult to the term pedestrian.

Carter's film is good, but he is the king of almost sack. That's a red flag for me as well, and being fat and out of shape is a massive one. What's going to happen when he gets his first contract?
Almost sacks are called hurries. He had over 30 last year in 13 games IIRC.

I would argue that Walker, Davis, and the entire D Line this year benefitted from his presence. Walker's production wasn't pedestrian, but to think that their orbits weren't both benefitted by the other is just wrong IMO. In the end..... Carter is the one getting doubled every game. Like..... always when on the interior.

Regardless. I like Wilson, just nowhere near as much as Carter. And as the season ended, when the players were still in pads, so did the rest of the world. The only thing that has changed is that he made some really bad choices that led him to a very stressful spring and the loss of a friend. That would cause everyone I know to be a bit off-balance for a few months.

I'd take Paris Johnson over Wilson in a heartbeat. Like..... I'd run to the podium.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Almost sacks are called hurries. He had over 30 last year in 13 games IIRC.

I would argue that Walker, Davis, and the entire D Line this year benefitted from his presence. Walker's production wasn't pedestrian, but to think that their orbits weren't both benefitted by the other is just wrong IMO. In the end..... Carter is the one getting doubled every game. Like..... always when on the interior.

Regardless. I like Wilson, just nowhere near as much as Carter. And as the season ended, when the players were still in pads, so did the rest of the world. The only thing that has changed is that he made some really bad choices that led him to a very stressful spring and the loss of a friend. That would cause everyone I know to be a bit off-balance for a few months.

I'd take Paris Johnson over Wilson in a heartbeat. Like..... I'd run to the podium.
If I'm not taking Wilson, I'm probably taking Weatherspoon. That dude is a dog.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I'm not taking Wilson, I'm probably taking Weatherspoon. That dude is a dog.
Yes he is, but this team needs to put a HUGE emphasis on DL/OL right now. Carter is exactly what this team needs right now more than any other position. Cardinals better interview that guy 3 times before being certain they want to pass on him. Especially since they get like 4 picks in ADDITION to him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes he is, but this team needs to put a HUGE emphasis on DL/OL right now. Carter is exactly what this team needs right now more than any other position. Cardinals better interview that guy 3 times before being certain they want to pass on him. Especially since they get like 4 picks in ADDITION to him.
A top flight corner is huge though. If you miss out on a pass rusher round one, take 1 round two. The depth of pass rushers is pretty good this year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The new regime needs to pick a questionable work ethic and character dude who will probably play 30% of snaps?

Too big of a gamble for a team in an almost a complete rebuild. Maybe if he has some better stats to back it up. Part of his claim to fame is boosting everyone else, and who exactly is he boosting?

If he's gunna bust, Cardinals are literally the exact team where he will. The dude has nothing around him, going to a dysfunctional franchise with complete rookie personnel from the GM down. He needs to go to a team with good framework already, and we ain't it. Need a better gamble with our first pick. If he falls, I get it.

Interviews are a bunch of hogwash.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The new regime needs to pick a questionable work ethic and character dude who will probably play 30% of snaps?

Too big of a gamble for a team in an almost a complete rebuild. Maybe if he has some better stats to back it up. Part of his claim to fame is boosting everyone else, and who exactly is he boosting?

If he's gunna bust, Cardinals are literally the exact team where he will. The dude has nothing around him, going to a dysfunctional franchise with complete rookie personnel from the GM down. He needs to go to a team with goid framework already, and we ain't it. The top pick is important. If he falls, I get it.

Interviews are a bunch of hogwash.
I like the tape, but I'm scared of a guy who can't muster the motivation to ensure he makes millions more dollars.

Being out of shape for your pro day is a huge "does he love football" and "will he work hard when he's away from the building" questions.

Guys that love ball wouldn't do that. That makes me think he only plays football because he's always been good at it. He has massive bust written all over him.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the tape, but I'm scared of a guy who can't muster the motivation to ensure he makes millions more dollars.

Being out of shape for your pro day is a huge "does he love football" and "will he work hard when he's away from the building" questions.

Guys that love ball wouldn't do that. That makes me think he only plays football because he's always been good at it. He has massive bust written all over him.

Right, that's the scary part. And AZ looks like a place that may remind him he doesn't just quite love football like he thought.

A dude can be great at football, but most of it is mental.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose