Durant to Suns

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Huh? He's infamous for using burner accounts to argue anonymously against his social media naysayers. He never smiles and struggles to make eye contact. Teammates are quick to praise his basketball skill, but rarely talk about him as a person. I guess that makes him just a "hooper," but to me it's cold and empty.
We already have happy and bubbly with DA. I'll take a lil cold and empty right about now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant exchange with Charles Barkley.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant says he doesn't care about legacy. He just wants to produce per interview with Shams Charania of The Athletic.

More on RealGM that is not behind a paywall.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kevin Durant says he doesn't care about legacy. He just wants to produce per interview with Shams Charania of The Athletic.

More on RealGM that is not behind a paywall.

Normally someone who doesn’t care doesn’t need to tell everyone they don’t care. I’m a KD honk but he’s the type of player that hears everything said about him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally someone who doesn’t care doesn’t need to tell everyone they don’t care. I’m a KD honk but he’s the type of player that hears everything said about him.

Yeah. I think this is exactly why he said it.

He is tired of it and wants to focus on the game and family and let the chips fall where they may at this stage of his career.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yop. him being on the Suns doesn't mean all of a sudden all his weird, passive aggressive nonsense in the past gets a pass from me. He's kind of a headcase, not in a destructive way, but definitely spins all kinds of stuff in his own head ad naseum.

but he's a hell of a basketball player and that's all I really care about now;

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am there. I apologize to all that previously disagreed with me. You are right. I have gone to the dark side on the trade. The loss kind of sent me over the edge even though the new addition traded for didn't play. It still exposed that trading those two players who shall not be named plus the picks was simply a bad trade. It has a trickledown effect on the roster. The rotation seems to be off. Who even knows if he will be with the team next year based on this season. Let's be real. Based on his history and previous attitude towards teams don't be shocked if he is not back after this season. It's who he is. Yes, we have seen flashes of how good two stars put together can look but reality has simply set in that it may not be all it's cracked up to be. It's really painful if you are a Mavs fan right now. Glad we traded for Durant instead. :mrgreen:

Go Suns! Happy Easter everyone.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love ya Chuck but Durant is going to give us something you did not. Live with it, Let it be...............
KD proved Chuck right with his response. The better response.

"Thanks for the feedback, Chuck. I will consider it."

Prove him wrong. KD is a great ballplayer but his PR skills are pretty poor.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
KD proved Chuck right with his response. The better response.

"Thanks for the feedback, Chuck. I will consider it."

Prove him wrong. KD is a great ballplayer but his PR skills are pretty poor.
So what? Charles' PR skills are nothing to write home about either. We're not paying Durant to go by the script in interviews.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You know Barkley has won three Emmys, right? His understanding of how to cultivate a public persona is miles beyond Durant's.
It's somewhat ironic that they're both famous for their DGAF/say whatever you want attitude as players.
Chuck has smoothed his edges over the years, and I wonder if Durant follows suit as he ages.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's somewhat ironic that they're both famous for their DGAF/say whatever you want attitude as players.
Chuck has smoothed his edges over the years, and I wonder if Durant follows suit as he ages.

Right, but Barkley's "unfiltered" attitude is about his relationship with society, whereas Durant's is about his relationship with himself.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think he and Barkley are alike at all.

Durant really struggles with how he wants to project himself. Bickering with talking heads, arguing with fans online, making burner accounts… then in a press conference he will claim he doesn’t care and doesn’t pay attention to that noise.

Saying that you don’t care about the criticism and you don’t need to defend your legacy then, hours later, hoping on Twitter, attacking your critics and defending your legacy… even against obvious trolls.

It is silly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose