Hope the Panthers are stupid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
On another note, I actually love what Carolina is doing. They signed Reich who I think will do a fine job. They had enough conviction to trade up to #1 to get a franchise QB (which they have desperately been missing for years) and then reloaded the WR room by signing a savvy vet in Theilen and a competent WR in DJ Chark. They are giving whatever rookie QB they draft an opportunity to have some immediate weapons. I can see Carolina competing for the NFC South in year 1 (I know winning that division isn't saying much, but still).
I don't like any of the QBs enough to trade up. If I'm Carolina, I would have signed a stop gap and built assets for next year.

I'd probably go Stroud just because he throws the ball the best and he isn't small like Young.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Has Allen completely fixed his accuracy problems? Since he lost Daboll, his completion % went from 69.2 in 2020 to 63.3 each of the last 2 seasons. He’s also thrown far more picks at critical junctures. Just saying.
Daboll was still with Bills in 2021, so Allen on my has 1 year without him.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I see Car taking Stroud and Cards getting Anderson at #4 Because a team will trade up for a qb like Indy.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't like any of the QBs enough to trade up. If I'm Carolina, I would have signed a stop gap and built assets for next year.

I'd probably go Stroud just because he throws the ball the best and he isn't small like Young.
Agree. Stroud for the most part of the year was very underwhelming. He’s making a boat load of money off the Georgia game.
I’m not a fan( even though I’m called an OSU homer).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree. Stroud for the most part of the year was very underwhelming. He’s making a boat load of money off the Georgia game.
I’m not a fan( even though I’m called an OSU homer).
I like Stroud more than most OSU QBs, but as you, and anyone else who has paid attention to OSU QBs know, they usually suck in the pros.

When I watch QBs from schools like OSU and Alabama, I always pay attention to see how often they are actually hurried, how many times they face in game adversity.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
In OSUs defense, other than Haskins, Fields, and Stroud, they haven’t had a legit pro QB prospect for about 35 years. Troy Smith was not.

I absolutely loved Haskins but, meh, on the other 2. Which means the other 2 will be stars :).

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In OSUs defense, other than Haskins, Fields, and Stroud, they haven’t had a legit pro QB prospect for about 35 years. Troy Smith was not.

I absolutely loved Haskins but, meh, on the other 2. Which means the other 2 will be stars :).
Top recruits didnt wanna go to ohio...word was out their QBs sucked in the nfl so nobody was gonna draft them...why would a top qb take that chance?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Haskins had a legitimate mechanical defect that popped up every time he was forced to move and then throw. On longer throws he was wildly inaccurate. I saw a scout breaking down his film and it was a consistent issue every time he had to reset his base. It's crazy how one little issue can essentially make a pretty good prospect fail.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Except Allen is literally one in hundreds, or even thousands, of very inaccurate college QBs that turned it around in a big way in the pros. Can you think of another one who managed it? I can't.
Lamar Jackson

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Terrell Pryor?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like Stroud more than most OSU QBs, but as you, and anyone else who has paid attention to OSU QBs know, they usually suck in the pros.

When I watch QBs from schools like OSU and Alabama, I always pay attention to see how often they are actually hurried, how many times they face in game adversity.
Most OSU QBs will have better targets in college than they’ll ever see in the pros.

Alabama has the same problem.

Other QB prospects might have a first-round pick at wideout or something, but Stroud had like four top picks.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I missed the part where he's terribly accurate. If he wasn't a running QB, he wouldn't be a QB.
That’s not the point. He became more accurate when he got into the pros. That’s a fact.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Most OSU QBs will have better targets in college than they’ll ever see in the pros.

Alabama has the same problem.

Other QB prospects might have a first-round pick at wideout or something, but Stroud had like four top picks.
Yep Garrett Wilson, Olave, JSN, Harrison Jr, and Egbuka. I expect both of his top targets from this past year to go round one next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA