Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Go look up the definition of “female.” It is not a derogatory term and only applies to women. To make it a derogatory term means you have a negative viewpoint of women. It’s like Nazis making “Jew” a slanderous term. There’s just way to justify using a term that’s meant to discuss women as perjorative that’s not misogynistic.
It’s a derogatory term to most of the women I have interacted in my life. I have caught lip when I talking to a woman and referring them as “female” instead “woman”. It comes as disrespectful to those women I have interacted with it. Everything is not by book.

I think it shows ignorance if you believe one size fits all. If I was able to understand what DVontel meant and knew he wasn’t being misogynistic, well, I’m pretty much our backgrounds are vastly different from the ones on this board. You can go by book, but I know what I have experienced in actual real life discussions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Perhaps he did handle it privately but got no effort to “grow up”?
So taking it public is going to help matters, or make them worse? Every therapist I know would say not to exacerbate a bad situation. Embarrassing someone you believe to be immature is just bound to backfire, not cause them to suddenly mature.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know I’m not misogynistic & the men & women around me know I’m not misogynistic.

I’m willing to bet that poster is closer to my background than you & others are. I’m not pivoting anything because nothing needs to be pivoted, especially on a board composed of older Caucasian men. That’s who my “usage” is being viewed by on here. Doesn’t really hold a lot of value to me.
Okay, you be you and continue to use misogynistic language.

I’ll never understand people who double down on their negative traits once they learn they portray a negative image of themselves in doing so.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s a derogatory term to most of the women I have interacted in my life. I have caught lip when I talking to a woman and referring them as “female” instead “woman”. It comes as disrespectful to those women I have interacted with it. Everything is not by book.

I think it shows ignorance if you believe one size fits all. If I was able to understand what DVontel meant and knew he wasn’t being misogynistic, well, I’m pretty much our backgrounds are vastly different from the ones on this board. You can go by book, but I know what I have experienced in actual real life discussions.
I suppose you can choose to live your life within that small framework. Personally when I learn that something I say is found offensive to a large number of people I try to evolve. But that’s just me. Again, I don’t understand why people would want to own, much less fight for, the right to use purposefully insulting language.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So taking it public is going to help matters, or make them worse? Every therapist I know would say not to exacerbate a bad situation. Embarrassing someone you believe to be immature is just bound to backfire, not cause them to suddenly mature.
I haven’t commented on whether it is good or bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Also, have you ever thought of why they take “female” as disrespectful? Probably because in a male-dominated misogynistic culture the men redefined the word to have negative meaning. Again, the original meaning clearly is connected with being a woman and did not originate with a negative context. Just because women grew up in that culture doesn’t make the perjorative usage any less misogynistic.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what was the meaning of your question? Am I wrong in interpreting as an excuse for him to go public?
I’m simply suggesting that maybe a private conversation was initially had between them on this subject. Beachum then doesn’t see any movement on what they discussed and he is given an opportunity to suggest it again in a wider realm so he takes it and is complimentary but also says Kyler needs to grow up

It was mostly aimed at those who were saying that Beachum should have handled it privately. I wonder if maybe he did

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
I suppose you can choose to live your life within that small framework.
It’s only a small framework to those who live and grew up in a small frame of mind.
Personally when I learn that something I say is found offensive to a large number of people I try to evolve. But that’s just me.
It depends who and what those people are. Otherwise, I’m not being honest with myself.
Again, I don’t understand why people would want to own, much less fight for, the right to use purposefully insulting language.
I thought you understood a lot of things. I still think you do. However, you still misunderstand a good bit of things, but that’s not your fault, because you grew up in a vastly different culture. You only see things black and white, arguably less compared to others on this board which is commendable, but it’s black and white at the end of the day.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps Beachum did handle it behind closed doors but saw zero effort or improvement so the next step is to gently air it publicly? And believe me he gently aired it.
You don’t “gently” air out dirty laundry. I know you how you feel about Kyler knowing your posting history, so this is just a lame excuse of you wanting to fault Kyler.

Reactions: urs

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, you be you and continue to use misogynistic language.

I’ll never understand people who double down on their negative traits once they learn they portray a negative image of themselves in doing so.
I don’t think you understand people you don’t know personally, period. That’s okay. Just don’t portray yourself like you have been doing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, have you ever thought of why they take “female” as disrespectful? Probably because in a male-dominated misogynistic culture the men redefined the word to have negative meaning. Again, the original meaning clearly is connected with being a woman and did not originate with a negative context. Just because women grew up in that culture doesn’t make the perjorative usage any less misogynistic.
Dude, you’re talking to brick walls, who are only fortifying themselves with more bricks with every post. It ain’t worth it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, you’re talking to brick walls, who are only fortifying themselves with more bricks with every post. It ain’t worth it.
Unlike Ouchie, one thing you love doing is tucking your tail in after someone barks at you when you bark at someone first. Lame.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, talk like that in front of a woman and see how they react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose