#'s on Antonio Hamilton new contract.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This guy is not being signed to be the number one CB. He offers competent depth at an affordable price. Just keep him away from hot water.
With a depth chart consisting of Marco Wilson, Antonio Hamilton, Christian Matthew and Nate Hairston, it's easier said than done.

Reaction score
So you're confident we're going to significantly upgrade that room, are you? Not signing a few scrubs or nobodies, but actually significantly upgrade it? If you're confident we'll do that, I've got some oceanfront land in Kansas to sell ya lol

Yup, I'm confident that the room isn't finished & peeps will be added to help.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not talking scrubs, nobodies, or old fogeys. Unless we go CB in RD 1 or maybe 2, this room isn't getting significantly better. Not finished does not equal will get a lot better.
How did the CB group do against #1 and #2 receivers last year?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm not talking scrubs, nobodies, or old fogeys. Unless we go CB in RD 1 or maybe 2, this room isn't getting significantly better. Not finished does not equal will get a lot better.
so if they dont spend a top 35 pick then the room cannot improve. got it.

since its going to take so much draft capital to even show improvement in the room they should probably skip it this year. there are too many needs that fit this draft well.
maybe next year will be a good corner draft

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People keep saying all these signings are for depth and special teams and you look up the depth chart and all that’s in front of them is cap space.

We only have three picks in rounds 1-3 that you can fill with reasonable have. After that you’re getting sub-replacement level players coming out of training camp (could be more down the road).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
People keep saying all these signings are for depth and special teams and you look up the depth chart and all that’s in front of them is cap space.

We only have three picks in rounds 1-3 that you can fill with reasonable have. After that you’re getting sub-replacement level players coming out of training camp (could be more down the road).
Isn't this the position you expect a rebuilding team to be in?

Granted, I would have loved from them to bring in 3-4 Kyzir White type players, but they haven't and we aren't changing it.

I don't see anyone here saying this team is going to be good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Isn't this the position you expect a rebuilding team to be in?

Granted, I would have loved from them to bring in 3-4 Kyzir White type players, but they haven't and we aren't changing it.

I don't see anyone here saying this team is going to be good.
Are you being prescriptive or descriptive?

You’re in the deluded camp saying that Lions LB could be key depth after playing 10 defensive snaps in Detroit.

I’m thinking about how Seattle reloaded on the fly with Geno Smith at QB. You don’t have to be the Houston Texans and huff hopium for three years (!!!) and pretend every lateral move actually makes you better.

The Cardinals are an entertainment product and I don’t see them acting to put an entertaining product on the field this year or probably next. Michael said this franchise wasn’t as broken as everyone thinks but his delegates are certainly not acting like they agreed with him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
so if they dont spend a top 35 pick then the room cannot improve. got it.

since its going to take so much draft capital to even show improvement in the room they should probably skip it this year. there are too many needs that fit this draft well.
maybe next year will be a good corner draft
They could improve it. I don't think they will, much. I predict a spit and baling wire approach. Not the worst thing in the world, but when we'll be sitting here next offseason again complaining because we have too many holes to fill to be able to compete, then it will be worse.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a depth chart consisting of Marco Wilson, Antonio Hamilton, Christian Matthew and Nate Hairston, it's easier said than done.
When we trade back just out of the reach of Anderson and end up with Christian Gonzalez, then the plan is done!

That's my prediction now.

Watching his footwork at the combine, he's is a legit #1 CB for years.

"An "explosive outside cornerback possessing a rare blend of physical and athletic traits” is how Lance Zierlein of NFL.com describes Gonzalez, comparing him to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. “His testing numbers could send his draft stock skyrocketing, but the ingredients are already present to become a feared CB1 if he plays to his gifts,” Zierlein continues."

Stout

Reaction score
When we trade back just out of the reach of Anderson and end up with Christian Gonzalez, then the plan is done!

That's my prediction now.

Watching his footwork at the combine, he's is a legit #1 CB for years.

"An "explosive outside cornerback possessing a rare blend of physical and athletic traits” is how Lance Zierlein of NFL.com describes Gonzalez, comparing him to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. “His testing numbers could send his draft stock skyrocketing, but the ingredients are already present to become a feared CB1 if he plays to his gifts,” Zierlein continues."
Going for a lesser talent at CB than the greater talent at edge would be quintessential Cards strategy. Not saying I'm down on CG--he's a good prospect--but that's backwards roster building and going for lesser talented players over greater merely for volume. Build the pass rush and it makes your coverage guys better; good coverage guys with no pass rush in front of them are in deep trouble.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going for a lesser talent at CB than the greater talent at edge would be quintessential Cards strategy. Not saying I'm down on CG--he's a good prospect--but that's backwards roster building and going for lesser talented players over greater merely for volume. Build the pass rush and it makes your coverage guys better; good coverage guys with no pass rush in front of them are in deep trouble.
Trust me, I want Anderson and I agree. Just based on everything happening, I'm making a Mitch level prediction! And if we do miss out on Anderson, Gonzalez is my second favorite prospect. His footwork is so freaking effortless and I'm a little jealous!

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Trust me, I want Anderson and I agree. Just based on everything happening, I'm making a Mitch level prediction! And if we do miss out on Ander, Gonzalez is my second favorite prospect. His footwork is so freaking effortless and I'm a little jealous!
I think you're probably right that we trade down. Go on there, Mitch :D

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I do find it weird for a new regime to be bringing in so many guys that were here last year. Totally new systems and such.

Nothing against Hamilton as a spare DB, don't wanna count on him and Wilson as our #1 and #2 though.
The guys retained are:
1. Only guys willing to play here
2. Only guys in ARZ's miniscule price range

I would have loved for ARZ to take fliers on Amani Oruwariye and Greedy Williams both signed 1 year minimum deals so they easily would have fit under ARZ's 99 cent store budget.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They could improve it. I don't think they will, much. I predict a spit and baling wire approach. Not the worst thing in the world, but when we'll be sitting here next offseason again complaining because we have too many holes to fill to be able to compete, then it will be worse.
our boy Marco was a late round steal... with the CB depth in this draft there is a fair chance a good prospect slips through.
But for me, CB is like TE ... the draft is good for them..but it lines up better for us in the trenches...
we really need more round 2 and 3 picks..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose