Bourbon / Whiskey

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I don't drink, I never bothered to open this thread. Now that I did, you guys have it all wrong. How I used to do it was a 1/5th of Jim Beam in a brown paper bag between my legs sitting in my truck, tall boy Bud as a chaser.

btw, I don't care what they tell you, cocktail cherries are made with formaldehyde, same crap they put frogs in for biology class.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I don't drink, I never bothered to open this thread. Now that I did, you guys have it all wrong. How I used to do it was a 1/5th of Jim Beam in a brown paper bag between my legs sitting in my truck, tall boy Bud as a chaser.

Jim Beam used to be my favorite, in high school. All the way up until I decided to puke all over the bathroom at the dance we used to have in the local church after football games.

Me = :barf:
Mom = :hammer:
My friends = :lmao::newbie: :lmao:

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Beam used to be my favorite, in high school. All the way up until I decided to puke all over the bathroom at the dance we used to have in the local church after football games.

Me = :barf:
Mom = :hammer:
My friends = :lmao::newbie: :lmao:

For those occasions we used to get a gallon of apple cider and mix it with a 1/5th of the cheapest whiskey we could find. Throw in a couple cinnamon sticks and pooff you have what we called a Stone Fence. We thought our parents would only smell apple cider on our breath....duh

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Beam is one of the nastiest alcohols ever made. There is a level of blasphemy in this thread that is almost inexcusable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that’s it. Suntory Toki.

Suntory Toki roughly translates to three brothers time. I'm sure it is made by a family of 3 brothers, but three brothers time kinda feels weird.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to find mine and take mine up. We went to the distillery as well, and it was awesome.

Yeah I was initially like DCR and didn't want to go but was pleasantly surprised. Ended up being one of my favorite tours. Didn't realize all of the different brands of bourbon that are under James Beam besides Jim Beam. (Knob Creek, Basil Haydens, Bookers, Legent, Bakers, etc).

My friend got lucky at the gift shop and asked if they have any allocated stuff and they had a 15 year Knob Creek that they sold him. They only give out 2 a day.

Wife and I got picked to pour some directly out of the barrel on the tour. She got covered in bourbon. LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was initially like DCR and didn't want to go but was pleasantly surprised. Ended up being one of my favorite tours. Didn't realize all of the different brands of bourbon that are under James Beam besides Jim Beam. (Knob Creek, Basil Haydens, Bookers, Legent, Bakers).
Yessir and knob and Basil are fantastic…

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

btw, I don't care what they tell you, cocktail cherries are made with formaldehyde, same crap they put frogs in for biology class.

I just noticed your edit about the cherries. I did some digging and even though the bright red Maraschinos aren't great for you by any stretch, there's no formaldehyde in there. The Luxardos are about as good as it gets because the roots to these type of cherries started with that family. But, as you said, you probably don't care what they told me. ;)

:idea: DCR should try garnishing his Jim Beam with some biology class frogs to improve the flavor!

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@puckhead

Have a shot on me, bruh.. Skol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was initially like DCR and didn't want to go but was pleasantly surprised. Ended up being one of my favorite tours. Didn't realize all of the different brands of bourbon that are under James Beam besides Jim Beam. (Knob Creek, Basil Haydens, Bookers, Legent, Bakers, etc).

My friend got lucky at the gift shop and asked if they have any allocated stuff and they had a 15 year Knob Creek that they sold him. They only give out 2 a day.

Wife and I got picked to pour some directly out of the barrel on the tour. She got covered in bourbon. LOL
I would go to a tour like that, even for Jim Beam. Not sure I would have drank the stuff, but I always think these tours are cool and wanted to go on one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the cabinet that I bought as an overflow for my wife’s bourbon/whiskey addiction. It’s 3 bottles deep and the doors barely close. This is just the extra stuff that she has.

Not sure why she needs 6 bottles of Eagle Rare or EH Taylor. I guess we are ready for the next pandemic or zombie apocalypse.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the cabinet that I bought as an overflow for my wife’s bourbon/whiskey addiction. It’s 3 bottles deep and the doors barely close. This is just the extra stuff that she has.

Not sure why she needs 6 bottles of Eagle Rare or EH Taylor. I guess we are ready for the next ASFN gathering.

FTFY!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Not sure why she needs 6 bottles of Eagle Rare or EH Taylor. I guess we are ready for the next pandemic or zombie apocalypse.

I'll have what she's having