Playoff my biggest concern - You won't like this.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Monty did some between game adjustment. Paul at times stationed in the corner-3 area. They also installed more off ball movements and screens to get the shots to shooters of our choice, our hot hands, instead of letting them pick the shooter. Okogie and Craig combined for 2/5 on 3s, but were active in other ways to help offense.
On defense, the starters communicate and switch and cover quite well, except for very late proper cover of OKC's hot hand 3pt-shooter, partially due to Paul's tendency to play the passing lane for steals and help out in the paint. However, the newcomers Ross and Bazley are often disoriented on D.
Subs were chaotic in the first half. Monty reacted to play Book with them in the 2nd half, which reduced Payne's playmaking role to the benefit of smoother offense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty did some between game adjustment. Paul at times stationed in the corner-3 area. They also installed more off ball movements and screens to get the shots to shooters of our choice, our hot hands, instead of letting them pick the shooter. Okogie and Craig combined for 2/5 on 3s, but were active in other ways to help offense.
On defense, the starters communicate and switch and cover quite well, except for very late proper cover of OKC's hot hand 3pt-shooter, partially due to Paul's tendency to play the passing lane for steals and help out in the paint. However, the newcomers Ross and Bazley are often disoriented on D.
Subs were chaotic in the first half. Monty reacted to play Book with them in the 2nd half, which reduced Payne's playmaking role to the benefit of smoother offense.

Paul was incredible tonight. He hit almost every shot he took, had some great passes and he seemingly had a sixth sense on defense. He was all over the place breaking up passing lanes.

It was one of his best games all year, and he made it look easy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Terrific observations! Agree, monty definitely changed some things up offensively and they worked. Kudos to him. And nice throwback game by Paul! Ayton was active but we didn’t go to him as much as I’d have liked.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Terrific observations! Agree, monty definitely changed some things up offensively and they worked. Kudos to him. And nice throwback game by Paul! Ayton was active but we didn’t go to him as much as I’d have liked.
We won by 30, so I'm not too upset about Ayton's touches in this game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns forwards (Craig, Okogie, Wainright, Warren and Bazley) are going to have to produce more than 11 points like they did against the Thunder last night.

Suns may have to again think about starting Damion Lee or Terrence Ross to keep the court spread.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns forwards (Craig, Okogie, Wainright, Warren and Bazley) are going to have to produce more than 11 points like they did against the Thunder last night.

Suns may have to again think about starting Damion Lee or Terrence Ross to keep the court spread.

Warren didn’t even get any touches on offense. Both lees weren’t willing passers in the fourth.

Baz is in his own world out there, and I haven’t seen the highly anticipated defense from him.

Reaction score
1) Ross showed what the Suns saw in him last night (24 points)
2) Okogi continues to impress even when he isn't scoring a lot. Fantastic offensive rebounder, excellent defense. Really was bothering a couple of the OKC guys.
3) VERY concerned about KD's injury. One report had him in a boot, won't be ready til first week of the playoffs, maybe not then. This was one of my two biggest concerns about that trade. No, I don't think he is "overly prone to injury," but IF he is injured that greatly reduces our power by subtracting him and Bridges, who, now that he is turned loose, is getting 30 a game. (Yes, I realize no way he could do that regularly with Booker, Ayton and Paul). Durant was brought in for a one- to two-year shot at the title. If he is injured and we go out early? Not good at all for our future.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I looked at it more like this:
Early it wasn’t a guarantee 30 point blow out.
I like to reward Ayton for activity.
It’s a perfect game for Ayton to work on his craft.
Agree absolutely. DA has been very engaged, mentally more so than ever seen before. His defensive rotation is quite on point, also trying to observe and react to the play developments instead of just mechanical rotating; although there is still improvement. On offense he went more active to get off. rebounds even though not getting many touches. I believe he is into winning it all with KD in and thus willing to put aside ego and put in more effort.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Warren didn’t even get any touches on offense. Both lees weren’t willing passers in the fourth.

Baz is in his own world out there, and I haven’t seen the highly anticipated defense from him.
I saw that in garbage time everybody particular Saben was only into scoring personal points. I'm not so down on Baz yet, would give him a min contract next summer to see fit.