Today’s Draft Rumor

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nolan Smith was drawing Reddick comparisons after the combine.

Maybe we trade down and then trade up (2nd round pick) to get him late 1st.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I recall the same kind of chatter about Suggs. Let. Us. Not. Repeat. The. Mistakes. Of. The. Past.
This is the only chatter I remember about Suggs.

This quote is pretty ironic with the Carter debate going on. It's from his agent, regarding Suggs' character and any questions about it.
"You can't say Terrell was out at 2 or 3 in the morning at a nightclub, getting drunked up. He wasn't at a place where he shouldn't be. This is at 1 p.m. and at a three-on-three tournament; he was just there to pick up one of the participants." Wichard said Suggs’ mother, Lavern, was with her son when he was treated in a hospital emergency room.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is the only chatter I remember about Suggs.

This quote is pretty ironic with the Carter debate going on. It's from his agent, regarding Suggs' character and any questions about it.
Oh, the chatter I meant is that he wasn't as good as people assumed, that he might not transition as well as people thought, etc. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In my opinion Anderson is going #2 to Chicago. They will get a silly amount to move down 1 spot...and still get Anderson. Those are the types of deals I always point to at the end of the season when some fans are "win at all costs". Houston REALLY screwed themselves over by falling to the #2 pick. The Jets screwed themselves by falling to #2 a couple years ago.

Every pick higher you get....the options open to you massively increase.

I think our best best is going to be trading with a team trying to get ahead of Indy. If Carter is really off the board I think the non-QB prospects outside of Anderson are all good, but none stand out as THE pick.

I would trade down, and then target Witherspoon, or if we trade down far enough Skoronski. I think Skoronski is going to play 15+ years in the league and could be a HOFer. He is one of the best college offensive lineman ever.
IMO it is ridiculous to think the top 2 picks will not be QB's. QB's are double the value of any other position and if there are 2 that even are thought to have a 50% of being quality starters, they will always be the first 2 picks. History bears that out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I recall the same kind of chatter about Suggs. Let. Us. Not. Repeat. The. Mistakes. Of. The. Past.

Miami turned pick 3 into 2 additional future 1sts and a current 3rd for trading back to #12. Would you do that?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Card fans may be disappointed if they trade down especially if Anderson is on the Board but filling holes with multiple starters does make good sense in the long run. I'm clueless on what type of players that Monti wants and will go after. Most could pretty much guess what Keim would do since we were watching him for 10 years. We will gets some good ideas from what happens during free agency.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO it is ridiculous to think the top 2 picks will not be QB's. QB's are double the value of any other position and if there are 2 that even are thought to have a 50% of being quality starters, they will always be the first 2 picks. History bears that out.

Top 4 might be. Lot's of QB desperate teams and not a lot in FA.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To me, we need more quality starters. Many of our starters will make good solid backups, but we can't win with them as our starters. Thus drafting for quantity has to be contingent on them being able to improve that position with them starting. That is why several of us have drawn a line where we think those top players/starters will be had. It seems the concensus is around 60 prospects or so. Thus in trading back, for me our focus has to be trading for as many R1 and R2 selections as possible. We have plenty of backup quality players already (often being our starters.)

Stout

Reaction score
Miami turned pick 3 into 2 additional future 1sts and a current 3rd for trading back to #12. Would you do that?
Not with Anderson on the board, especially for mostly future picks. Many are clamoring for our roster holes to be filled by trading back. While I disagree, future picks won't help this year's roster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not with Anderson on the board, especially for mostly future picks. Many are clamoring for our roster holes to be filled by trading back. While I disagree, future picks won't help this year's roster.

This year is already decided right? Anderson isn't going to add 5 wins as a rookie.

Whether we draft Anderson or trade back at take CB1 or OT1 the year will go the same way.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a multi trade down, trade Hopkins mock draft. My only concern is that WR is left a little more bare.

With this draft, the Cardinals saturate the OL with talent. Skoronski will be at a minimum, a really good guard. Avila and Tippmann are guard/center prospects, but Skoronski might also be a tackle, so there is flexibility with this group. This draft takes away the OL question within a year.

Bresee is the JJ Watt replacement and should be a good player for years.

McDonald is a really nice edge. He might go late first, but he's might favorite player early second. Put him with Sanders and Cam Thomas, and the Cardinals have options for the pass rush.

The Cardinals also bring in a good young corner and Sydney Brown, who will be the new nickel safety.

Parker Washington should help move the chains a bit and the later rounds, more quality depth.

If the Cardinals miss out on Anderson, trading down is absolutely the best idea.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Here is a multi trade down, trade Hopkins mock draft. My only concern is that WR is left a little more bare.

With this draft, the Cardinals saturate the OL with talent. Skoronski will be at a minimum, a really good guard. Avila and Tippmann are guard/center prospects, but Skoronski might also be a tackle, so there is flexibility with this group. This draft takes away the OL question within a year.

McDonald is a really nice edge. He might go late first, but he's might favorite player early second. Put him with Sanders and Cam Thomas, and the Cardinals have options for the pass rush.

The Cardinals also bring in a good young corner and Sydney Brown, who will be the new nickel safety.

Parker Washington should help move the chains a bit and the later rounds, more quality depth.

If the Cardinals miss out on Anderson, trading down is absolutely the best idea.

Sign me up. I like every player on that list.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's funny that you on one hand think this year is going to be a disaster, but then talk about future picks not helping this years roster. If you think the Cardinals aren't competing this year, future picks aren't a bad thing.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO plan A is to take Anderson at three or trade down one spot with a QB hungry team and still get him. If Anderson is gone Plan B is trade down get extra picks including what you get from Hop trade. If KM wasn’t hurt we could be somewhat competitive but since he’s out for a good portion this is the perfect year to rebuild and reset our cap for 2024.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's funny that you on one hand think this year is going to be a disaster, but then talk about future picks not helping this years roster. If you think the Cardinals aren't competing this year, future picks aren't a bad thing.

It would be nice to have some solid 1 year starters for 2024 than a bunch of rookies that made need polish if we are to make a push.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Anderson is gone this would give us quite a few quality players in positions of need

Giving the Oline a group of talent is really nice

I like what you did

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be nice to have some solid 1 year starters for 2024 than a bunch of rookies that made need polish if we are to make a push.

I don't think anyone is talking about trading back 20 spots. Still top 10 or so.

Someone like Gonzalez could be elite. As could Skoronski or Witherspoon.

We could add a great player and picks.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

DTR in the 6th is a D+ grade?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Except that only 1 of the top 3 'pickers' needs a QB, and for the top two picks to be QBs a trade-up is required.

Until that's done there is nothing ridiculous about a non-QB being selected in the first two.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree. Anderson has seperated himself from the rest of this edge class with PRODUCTION. To me it can't be over stated. Measurables and potential are great, but if they can't get sacks and pressures on the QB in college, I think they generally struggle in the NFL as well. Last year the difference between Walker (A "potential" freak) and Hutchinson (A major producer in college) was night and day. I think Hutchinson was the far superior prospect.

Anderson is head and shoulders better than the other edges in the class. Any hype about him not being that good, or other edge players being close to him are being written because they have nothing else to say about Anderson. He is a lock as a top 3 prospect in the draft

Stout

Reaction score
This year is already decided right? Anderson isn't going to add 5 wins as a rookie.

Whether we draft Anderson or trade back at take CB1 or OT1 the year will go the same way.
Completely agree that this year is tanked. Most of the arguments for trading back are because we need to fill roster holes, though, which is what I'm pointing out that your trade proposal wouldn't do. So those clamoring to fill roster holes wouldn't be served by that trade either.

Stout

Reaction score
I was merely pointing out that the main argument (that I am arguing AGAINST, not FOR) is that we need to fill the roster holes this year. I was specifically replying to a trade idea that had two future 1sts and pointing out that it didn't fit the "trade down to fill roster holes" posters' narrative. I'm fine with trading down for future picks, IF Anderson is unavailable. That would be great!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Completely agree that this year is tanked. Most of the arguments for trading back are because we need to fill roster holes, though, which is what I'm pointing out that your trade proposal wouldn't do. So those clamoring to fill roster holes wouldn't be served by that trade either.

Well no, not this year. Maybe we pick up an extra 3rd. But it would give us extra picks next year when we are hopefully ascending.

Another way to look at it is if Kyler comes back this year and sucks again you have 2 first round picks next year to move up and get a replacement.

If not next year then the year after depending on the trade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose