Byron Murphy

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For those lost in the previous years, the guy was actually playing like a high number one corner before his injury (well he was, just look at his stats against #1 WRs). It is his availability which is the concern and I have a feeling the Cards are going to move on from him because of that, not that I agree (yeah, one has to put that on this forum now because people tend to want to will an argument :D)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the WR1 stats are misleading. Vance would drop off coverage to limit the chance of getting burnt deep and often have Simmons and Collins drop into zones often bracketing the top receivers over and under.

Its why we got gashed underneath so much.

This is a super deep CB class. Might be 10 high quality immediate starters.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hard to justify big money for corners.. their window is so small and performance is so volatile year to year. Only a handful of guys that are outliers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My hot take after last year is that Marco Wilson is now better than Byron Murphy.

Christian Matthew was surprisingly competent at the end of the year.

I'm to the point now that if Murphy is offered over $12m, I definitely let him walk. Last year I would have resigned him up to probably $16m, now I wouldn't.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My hot take after last year is that Marco Wilson is now better than Byron Murphy.

I'm to the point now that if Murphy is offered over $12m, I definitely let him walk. Last year I would have resigned him up to probably $16m, now I wouldn't.

Resigning Murphy for anything more than $12m per with one of the deepest CB classes in living memory would be nuts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I always take down the stretch of putrid season performances of late picks with a HUGE grain of salt

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I always take down the stretch of putrid season performances of late picks with a HUGE grain of salt
Oh for Matthew?

I think he showed that he can be a corner off the bench. Nothing more than that so far. He looked better than a lot of the bozos we've seen on the Cardinals over the years.

That's a good outcome for a late day three pick.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree that with this draft class I’d say the re-injury risk is so high I’d only favor signing him at a hometown discount.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Now the talk is the Cards want Bradbury. If they get him I don’t expect Murphy to return.
The question is, is Murphy a better CB than Bradbury is a C? I say he is but, center is more important to this team right now and even though I think Bradbury is average at best, he is better than the guys we have been trotting out there lol

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The question is, is Murphy a better CB than Bradbury is a C? I say he is but, center is more important to this team right now and even though I think Bradbury is average at best, he is better than the guys we have been trotting out there lol
I thought we were talking about 29 year old cornerback James Bradbury?

I'd rather keep Murphy tbh.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bradberry isn't as good as some make out, but he's far better than Murphy.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Murphy is going to be the top CB target in Free Agency, so I think its less than 50/50 we resign him. If he liked anything about the FO or coaching staff...they are all gone. Money will be the same or more from somewhere else.

I think we need to draft a CB within the first 3 rounds no matter what. This class is very good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose