Week 6: Cardinals Off-Season 2/13/2023-2/19/2023

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Cardinals: A 10-day window to pick up an option on quarterback Kyler Murray's 2028 contract year for $45,357,360 opens. A $36 million payment is necessary for Murray's 2028 contract year. His 2023 base salary reduces from a fully-guaranteed $38 million to a fully-guaranteed $2 million with the option being exercised.
What would this do for cap space? It looks like it would greatly reduce 2023’s cap hit by kicking it down the road. Only issue would be cash outlay. So if Bidwill wants to keep Murray, this seems like a no-brainer. Do we know how the cap would be impacted?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What would this do for cap space? It looks like it would greatly reduce 2023’s cap hit by kicking it down the road. Only issue would be cash outlay. So if Bidwill wants to keep Murray, this seems like a no-brainer. Do we know how the cap would be impacted?

SPOTRAC has already calculated KM 2023 Cap hit with the expectation that the Cards pick up the option, which prorates at $7.2m over 5 seasons.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I have said the same during the season, what if JJ Watt simply tossed him over for the score
You can't gain leverage from another player while leaving your feet...this is why guys get flagged when they push up off another teammate to try and block FG attempts. What the Eagles do never requires Hurts to leave the ground.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Well one thing seems for sure, if this group of managers and coaches fail, they will all go down together. There won't need to be any finger pointing. They are all joined at the hip.

I hope they all have talked it over and realize that they are dealing with the C a r d i n a l s and what that has meant for the last 75 years. This is a team most associated with LOSING, something they probably never experienced to such a degree. That is very different and they need to be fully aware of what they're up against.