Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Reaction score
Interesting article from The Athletic, back from 2021 - behind a pay wall, but if you have an account worth a read.

When is the introductory presser? I think Kevin Durant is having one on Thursday, so surely the Cards want to avoid fighting for media space with that?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting article from The Athletic, back from 2021 - behind a pay wall, but if you have an account worth a read.

When is the introductory presser? I think Kevin Durant is having one on Thursday, so surely the Cards want to avoid fighting for media space with that?

That's a good read. I think everyone should read it and as it's an old article I don't feel bad for ripping it off.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Someone cleans the trash from his office 3 times a day?!? What is he doing in there?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
See, this is the clownishness I can't stand. Reeks of "You got a winner in town". I get being excited but don't write a check that your azz can't cash. This job bears no resemblance to cake and dude's gonna realize quickly just what a job he has in front of him as he tries to construct a roster while changing the culture.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Do you think doing a handshake with a player means you’re too cool with someone? Did you think he was going to turn into First Sergeant Gannon & tell Kyler to do 50 push-ups?

This isn’t Marine Boot Camp or Army Basic Training.
Gannon's expression when he was told Kyler was in the building was nothing like my vibe from Kingsbury. Bidwill looked so timid when he told him the young QB was there, and Kyler looked basically the same in the clip. This franchise was totally shell shocked by Keim, and it still shows on the owner's face and the QB from that clip to me. Gannon acted the complete opposite, totally confident and already it seems running over there with a sense of urgency (the situation with this franchise is not cool, and he understands that), as I had kidded almost like when a parent hears their kid is doing something wrong in the playground and runs over there with authority. If you want to know the character difference between Kliff and Jonathon, look at their facial expressions, one is intense while the other was like "cool, yeah I want another beer"... and that was the very definition of a firm handshake you could feel even from the video lol

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gannon's expression when he was told Kyler was in the building was nothing like my vibe from Kingsbury. Bidwill looked so timid when he told him the young QB was there, and Kyler looked basically the same in the clip. This franchise was totally shell shocked by Keim, and it still shows on the owner's face and the QB from that clip to me. Gannon acted the complete opposite, totally confident and already it seems running over there with a sense of urgency (the situation with this franchise is not cool, and he understands that), as I had kidded almost like when a parent hears their kid is doing something wrong in the playground and runs over there with authority. If you want to know the character difference between Kliff and Rich, look at their facial expressions, one is intense while the other was like "cool, yeah I want another beer"... and that was the very definition of a firm handshake you could feel even from the video lol
Rich Gannon? Lol. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to call him that by mistake lol.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let the organization and local media sales job begin!!!

P.S. I hope the guy ends up being a great coach, but I won't hold my breath with another coordinator.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at the QB's in our conference, not a lot of star power there

South:
NO: ???
TB: ???
Car: Darnold?
ATL: ???

West:
SF: Lance
LA: washed Stafford
SEA: Geno

North:
CHI - Fields
GB - Jordan Love probably
MIN - Cousins
DET - Goff

East:
NY: Jones
DAL: Dak
PHI - Hurts
WAS - ???

Good point. A lot of teams are also in bad cap situations too.

Bucs, Saints, Rams, Packers, Panthers, Vikings, Cowboys and Eagles are all over the cap already. Many of them way over.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
And that’s GREAT!!!! Some on this board just don’t get it. My biggest knock on the Bidwill family is that they meddle, meddle, meddle. The fact that MO got his guy means that MB stepped aside & let his GM make the decision. That gives me HOPE that maybe, just maybe, Michael will stop meddling & let his GM build this organization. It may take a few years, but this is the way successful franchises are built. Kudos to Michael & MO.
The biggest knock on this family was they were cheap. MB has proven that not to be true anymore. I believe MB wants to win. Firing his close friend Steve Kiem is a big step in the right direction.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The biggest knock on this family was they were cheap. MB has proven that not to be true anymore. I believe MB wants to win. Firing his close friend Steve Kiem is a big step in the right direction.
This part of the offseason cannot be said enough.

Keim is gone folks. And now that Michael doesn't have his golden boy GM around, real accountability can begin.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score

Thursday morning

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess my preference for an offensive mind made its unconscious existence known lol
Hopefully the days of Brian Billick calling Cardinal games are over. "Rich Gannon as the coach.. memories of future hall of fame wide receiver Larry Johnson.. and great defensive plays by former Cardinal standout Antron Rolle."