Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Albert Beer: Jonathan Gannon was quietly a front-runner for the job from the minute Monti Ossenfort landed the GM spot. The two got to know each other over the last year, and Ossenfort sees Gannon as having the "it" factor necessary in a head coach.

Well either they both suck or they are both good.

We won't be arguing about whether to blame Mike or Monti!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty meh about it too. But since he is a defensive guy, he will likely want Vance gone. That was my number 1 fear (retaining Vance) and that fear is mostly gone..

It also makes me stoked about drafting one of Carter/Anderson.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just because they have the job doesn't mean we can't criticize the hire. After the last 9 years of Keim, I don't think saying 'well he has the job, so he must know best!' really means anything.
We are more focused on coach record
A gm and owner have more elements, they can fall in love with a coach cause of his character traits more then his record

Last edited:

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Gannon could easily survive a Kyler breakup if he's doing other things well. Kliff's downfall was that he was only brought in to be a Kyler whisperer and failed at that.
Anything is possible, but he would need to come out the gates next year with a great first half. If this team struggles out the gates and it continues with Kyler then his second year is make or break. This fan base is growing tired. No way he gets to a third season if Kyler fails and he produces 10 wins in 2 seasons.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This helps explain the Cardinals not hiring a head coach sooner.

I don't know enough about him to comment if it was a good hire but a flashy hire not does always equate to a good hire.

Congratulations to the Cardinals and fans.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
30+ points given up in the Super Bowl ....

I'll hope for the best, but when any defense gives up 30 points in ANY game they were out coached, out witted, and their defense was a joke to the other teams offensive coordinator.

To be fair, it was against Mahomes and Reid, best QB/HC in the NFL. And one of the TD's was s frgrndibr TD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA