Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ummmm.... you generally hire your OC before talking to folks about offensive positions. He had talks with Baltimore.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah it's Tuesday. On Sunday when Kliff was interviewed they already knew Monken was going to be OC and were just working out the details.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m sure we didn’t want any of them, so taking so long in picking a head coach hasn’t hurt our staff building at all. All the guys we want are still free agents because they didn’t want to coach anywhere else. Winning!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's Tuesday. On Sunday when Kliff was interviewed they already knew Monken was going to be OC and were just working out the details.

You literally said he wasn't interviewed, but now you are saying something else. Just admit you were wrong and move on. Why do you make things out of nothing? Its getting beyond annoying that you can't egret be wrong about anything.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mike should hold a surprise press conference at Noon...with Anarumo and Gannon both on the stage. Then they face off in a best of 3 arm wrestling challenge. Winner becomes head coach.
Or Mike can do like the bachelor and give the new HC a rose. :D

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Man, I know this is no criteria for hiring, but I look at that picture and see Mr. Beige all over again. And I think (guess?) he’s my front runner.
Here's an article about him from last year...A get to know Lou kinda thing. Good images, too...I don't think he's Mr. Beige at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You literally said he wasn't interviewed, but now you are saying something else. Just admit you were wrong and move on. Why do you make things out of nothing? Its getting beyond annoying that you can't egret be wrong about anything.

No, I literally said he wasn't interviewed as OC. Because he wasn't interviewed for OC. He was interviewed for a "role" as the tweet says which was likely something like senior offensive assistant.

Would have been good for him to work with Monken actually.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here's an article about him from last year...A get to know Lou kinda thing. Good images, too...I don't think he's Mr. Beige at all.

Top pic: reinforced mr beige impression
Bottom pic: looks like a different person

Thx for posting the article

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the only way we salvage something is if one of the defensive coaches can bring on Biemiemy as OC/assistant HC.
Otherwise, as has been mentioned, most of the blue chip assistants have all been added to other staffs. Pathetic Bidwill

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be interesting with EB.

Will the Cards be in for him? They should be. EB's options to call plays as they stand are the Commanders and Cardinals. Assuming Eagles promote Johnson internally as it seems they will. All the other openings have a play calling HC, assumiong Steichen calls plays in Indy.

Imagine if he chose Sam Howell over coming here. Oof.

I hope Gannon looks at him. It's always dumb to just hire guys you worked with before.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Steichen is crying like a baby during his introduction. Thank God we didn’t hire that guy lol. He’d be a mess during post game interviews after a 2 game losing streak.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I GOT IT. I GOT IT. FIGURED OUT WHAT OUR OWNER IS DOING.

He is waiting for things to blow over so he can re-hire KK. He has come to the realization of who knows the Cards better than anyone, and who has now surely figured out what went wrong and how to make it all work. Who better to fix what doesn't work than the person who designed it.

Genius, I tell you! Genius!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is interesting to look back to which coaches were hired in 2019 and how it worked out - or didn't - for the teams that hired them:

Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona Cardinals
Matt LaFleur, Green Bay Packers
Vic Fangio, Denver Broncos
Brian Flores, Miami Dolphins
Zac Taylor, Cincinnati Bengals
Freddie Kitchens, Cleveland Browns
Adam Gase, New York Jets
Bruce Arians, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will be interesting with EB.

Will the Cards be in for him? They should be. EB's options to call plays as they stand are the Commanders and Cardinals. Assuming Eagles promote Johnson internally as it seems they will. All the other openings have a play calling HC, assumiong Steichen calls plays in Indy.

Imagine if he chose Sam Howell over coming here. Oof.

I hope Gannon looks at him. It's always dumb to just hire guys you worked with before.

If he went somewhere else as an OC for a couple years and proved he is indeed the real deal, he may be the guy to replace Andy in KC when he eventually retires. Kind of like a kid coming back home to run the family farm.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree - nice to have a GM who was prepared in the event they got a job rather than someone who opts got a HC he meets on a beach when ok vacation.

OOoooo new guy!!!

Medium rare rubbed ribeye...garlic mashed potatoes,...steamed veggies
throw in a pepsi...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Someone please talk me out of the thought that our new H.C. could end up being Jim Harbaugh. Is that possible?

Reaction score
OOoooo new guy!!!

Medium rare rubbed ribeye...garlic mashed potatoes,...steamed veggies
throw in a pepsi...
Sorry, I’m English - your choices are limited to a full English breakfast (with proper bacon), fish & chips or a roast dinner - with Yorkshire puddings, obviously.

All come with sticky toffee pudding and mandatory cup of tea.