Speaking it into existence: Anarumo

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only thing that I’m hearing being leaked is that it’ll be Michael making the HC decision, not MO. If that’s true, MO is a figure head, and we’ll be picking another HC in 2-3 years. Let’s not forget that Wilks was the last HC that Michael chose. Kyler, get out of there ASAP.

Source?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only thing that I’m hearing being leaked is that it’ll be Michael making the HC decision, not MO. If that’s true, MO is a figure head, and we’ll be picking another HC in 2-3 years. Let’s not forget that Wilks was the last HC that Michael chose. Kyler, get out of there ASAP.
Michael will make the final decision yes but you really think he isn't even considering input from Monti? That would be a ****** up way to start out with your new GM.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then why hire a GM?

The GM needs to making the selection
Yep. You would hope so. I watched PHNX last night & Josh Weinfuss was adamant that it would be Michael making the choice, not MO. He said that Michael has even said as such. Now, Weinfuss comes across as an idiot to me. But, I’m not a Phoenix local. He had better be wrong, or we‘re toast.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Roughly around 45 minutes into the show. You can following it on YouTube. I don’t know Weinfuss & seems like a jag off to me. I would think that MO was hired by Michael for just this PURPOSE. But, I get more disenchanted with Michael every year.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If this is true then Bidwill will be the fall of this franchise. Let the football people do what they need to do.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Roughly around 45 minutes into the show. You can following it on YouTube. I don’t know Weinfuss & seems like a jag off to me. I would think that MO was hired by Michael for just this PURPOSE. But, I get more disenchanted with Michael every year.
Maybe Michael just thinks he's the smartest in the organization & only wants Monti to draft the players lol.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this is true then Bidwill will be the fall of this franchise. Let the football people do what they need to do.

Will be? Or has been? No surprise the Cardinals are one of the worst American sports franchises ever to exist.

I curse my parents for moving to Flagstaff when I was a kid and I didn't know any better. Not as much as the Bidwills, though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Every owner in the league has final say on the HC.

Jeff Lurie has hired the last 5 Eagles head coaches. Every HC this cycle was hired by the owner. I doubt you will find a HC hired in the last 15 years not hired by the owner. Always with input from executives.

We can argue Mike isn't great at it, but it's not at all unusual.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it is Michael who hires the HC. But, that doesn't mean he will do whatever no matter what the new GM suggested.

I can't get too hyped one way or another. About a month ago, the names Kafka and Anarumo had probably not even been uttered one time in discussions on this board or by local media. Yeah, I can read the bios... blah, blah blah. Sure, I saw Bengals and Giants games when their units played well. But that is minimal information.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Jeff Lurie has hired the last 5 Eagles head coaches. Every HC this cycle was hired by the owner. I doubt you will find a HC hired in the last 15 years not hired by the owner. Always with input from executives.

Pretty much. I realize most here would prefer Michael just hire a GM and disappear completely but that isn't going to happen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It goes without saying that EVERY owner actually signs off on HC hire. That’s not what we’re talking about here. Lurie may have signed off on the hire, but it’s Roseman that conducts the search & presents his choice to Lurie. Granted, MO just got hired himself, but Michael is too much involved in this hire. It’s a proven fact that the more an owner gets involved on the football side, the worse it goes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It goes without saying that EVERY owner actually signs off on HC hire. That’s not what we’re talking about here. Lurie may have signed off on the hire, but it’s Roseman that conducts the search & presents his choice to Lurie. Granted, MO just got hired himself, but Michael is too much involved in this hire. It’s a proven fact that the more an owner gets involved on the football side, the worse it goes.

No. That's not at all what I'm saying.

Lurie led the search for every HC he's ever hired. His GM in '99 didn't want Reid but he went ahead. Sirianni's first interview with the Eagles was at Lurie's home with just the two of them for 8 hours.

Clarke Hunt led the process for Reid. The Bronco's owner had interviews without Paton present. Tepper led the Panthers search.

This is how it's been for ages. Owners don't just sign of. It's completely usual for them to lead.

I've criticized Mike for this before but have since read dozens of accounts of this happening right across the league.

The hierarchy is no longer Owner > GM > HC. Teams now see GM and HC as level. Two sides of the same coin.

I heard an interview with Mike Tomlin. When he wanted to bring in Flores it wasn't the GM he asked, it was Rooney. The structures in many teams are not what we think.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. That's not at all what I'm saying.

Lurie led the search for every HC he's ever hired. His GM in '99 didn't want Reid but he went ahead. Sirianni's first interview with the Eagles was at Lurie's home with just the two of them for 8 hours.

Clarke Hunt led the process for Reid. The Bronco's owner had interviews without Paton present. Tepper led the Panthers search.

This is how it's been for ages. Owners don't just sign of. It's completely usual for them to lead.

I've criticized Mike for this before but have since read dozens of accounts of this happening right across the league.

The hierarchy is no longer Owner > GM > HC. Teams now see GM and HC as level. Two sides of the same coin.

I heard an interview with Mike Tomlin. When he wanted to bring in Flores it wasn't the GM he asked, it was Rooney. The structures in many teams are not what we think.
Well if that’s the case, then Lurie must be exponentially better at finding good HC’s than Bidwill is. What’s the old saying, “If at first you don’t succeed, maybe you just suck”. Time for Michael to realize that he’s crappy at hiring HC’s & let his GM handle that responsibility moving forward.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if that’s the case, then Lurie must be exponentially better at finding good HC’s than Bidwill is. What’s the old saying, “If at first you don’t succeed, maybe you just suck”. Time for Michael to realize that he’s crappy at hiring HC’s & let his GM handle that responsibility moving forward.

He hired Whiz and BA. They turned out OK.

And I've said it before but before this season Kliff had a winning record and I don't believe any HC could have had a winning record here this year with the injuries we had.

Either way. Owners hiring HCs is completely normal now.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Bidwill might be making the final decision on the head coach, but I would think that both Bidwill and his new GM, Ossenfort mutually agree on the new coach. It's just not reasonable to assume that Bidwill picks the coach without the new GM's support.

I know, cue the...."well if it's not reasonable, then that's what Bidwill will do." Thought I'd head that one off at the pass, if possible.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bidwill might be making the final decision on the head coach, but I would think that both Bidwill and his new GM, Ossenfort mutually agree on the new coach. It's just not reasonable to assume that Bidwill picks the coach without the new GM's support.

I know, cue the...."well if it's not reasonable, then that's what Bidwill will do." Thought I'd head that one off at the pass, if possible.

I would think (in fact, firmly believe) that Monti would have negotiated the parameters of their relationship going forward.

No self-respecting senior manager would accept 'my way or the highway' as a condition of employment.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

It’s not reasonable for a new GM with no experience and reportedly the second choice to withhold approval for the candidate his new boss prefers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose